✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U2 360 Canadian Tour question

Hello I live in Toronto and wanted to buy 2 tickets for the U2 360 tour at the Rogers Center in July 2010 only thing is I have never been to their show and don't know what the layout is. I saw the seating chart but when I look for tickets online I see things like "Field GA 2" $98 a ticket im willing to spend that much but I don't know if its good. Is the GA floor area split up into sections?

Please if you have been to the show in Toronto before please shed some light on where the closest/best areas to be are. I will spend about $200ish if you know where to get tickets from.

I've been in 3 shows of the 360 Tour already. The best place to be is within the inner circle right in front of the stage, which holds a general admission ticket (GA).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/10004353AF4862D2?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

It's the ticket with a price of CA $57.00 (General Admission standing on field)

Let me know if you need more advice.

I have just watched "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years" - a gala concert from Madison Square Garden with great artists like Simon & Garfunkel, Bruce Springsteen and U2.

U2, Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen sang together the song "Because the night" followed by "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" which Bono sang together with Bruce Springsteen, then another song this time with Fergie and Will.I.Am (I didn't know the song) and then Beautiful Day. Wonderful.

MTV's countdown of 2009's Best Breaking Stories

1. U2 concert at the Berlin Gate celebrating the 20 years' jubilee of the fall of the

Berlin Wall / at the same time 20 years after recording Achtung Baby in Berlin

and writing ONE on the eve of the reunification

2. Beatles Box of remastered albums and Beatles game

3. Inauguration of President Obama - USA's first coloured American President

MTV's countdown of Best Live Acts in 2009

1. Coldplay - "Viva la Vida-tour" / World Stage concert recorded on 12 February 2009

in Japan

"MTV's countdown of 2009's Best Breaking Stories

1. U2 concert at the Berlin Gate celebrating the 20 years' jubilee of the fall of the

3. Inauguration of President Obama - USA's first coloured American President"

You know, I wouldn't call any of those 3 stories as "breaking" stories, a breaking story is something which happens without warning, such as the plane landing on the river in new york, not something which is planned months in advance

"MTV's countdown of 2009's Best Breaking Stories

3. Inauguration of President Obama - USA's first coloured American President"

You know, I wouldn't call any of those 3 stories as "breaking" stories, a breaking story is something which happens without warning, such as the plane landing on the river in new york, not something which is planned months in advance

I totally agree that the title of that "category" is somewhat misleading.

EDGE TALKS NEW U2 ALBUM WITH HOT PRESS

5974-m.jpg

It's been out for a couple weeks now, but we're just getting a chance to see the full text of Edge's December interview with Hot Press magazine. It's pretty lengthy and covers a lot of topics, but here are the pertinent parts relating to U2's plans for new music in 2010. Olaf Tyaransen is conducting the interview.

The last time we spoke, you mentioned the possibility of a new U2 album coming out before the end of the year. That's obviously not going to happen, but when can fans expect a new record?

We would like it to be sooner rather than later. We are working on some stuff that sounds amazing, but it's hard to say when it'll actually be done. Well, certainly I don't, and I know Bono doesn't want to leave too long of a gap between the last record and the next one.

What's the feel of the songs you're working on at the moment?

It's too early to say, but because the last record was an experiment writing with Brian [Eno] and Danny [Lanois] in that kind of free-flowing workshop, Bono and I -- we're really kind of songwriting in a much more formal way at the moment. We've got some stuff, more abstract stuff that we could put together as a release, but right now what's really intriguing me is plain, old-fashioned songwriting, and we have some amazing stuff.

How about the Spiderman musical? It's been reported that, thanks to the recession, it's run into problems. Is it going ahead?

Well, it's all ready to go. We're just waiting for the word that we can ... we've pretty much done our job. We're waiting for the word that our director, Julie Taymor, can get back and get into the theatre and start putting the show together. We're told it could be any day. We've got new producers involved: Michael Cohl is coming in, to become an additional producer. So they're busy working on raising finance and getting all that stuff in order. I'm really happy with the music and the script, and the cast that we have are fantastic, so I don't have any concerns, ultimately, but it's kind of frustrating that it's taking so long.

http://www.atu2.com/news/edge-talks-new-u2-album-with-hot-press.html

U2 ON SWEDISH TV ON SUNDAY 10 JANUARY 2010

I don't know how many Scandinavians are coming in this thread, but anyway:

To be broadcast on Sunday 10/1 from SVT1 = Swedish Television, Channel 1 at 22.15 to 23.05: 30 years with U2

"Since 1978 U2 has been popular on BBC's music stage. In this broadcast the world-famous rock group performs 13 melodies from 30 years of TV. Among the selected melodies are "No Line on the Horizon" from 2009, "Stuck in a Moment" from 2001, "ONE" from 1992 and "New Years Day" from 1983."

Has anyone of you seen this broadcast in your countries?

I don't know how many Scandinavians are coming in this thread, but anyway:

To be broadcast on Sunday 10/1 from SVT1 = Swedish Television, Channel 1 at 22.15 to 23.05: 30 years with U2

"Since 1978 U2 has been popular on BBC's music stage. In this broadcast the world-famous rock group performs 13 melodies from 30 years of TV. Among the selected melodies are "No Line on the Horizon" from 2009, "Stuck in a Moment" from 2001, "ONE" from 1992 and "New Years Day" from 1983."

Has anyone of you seen this broadcast in your countries?

Thanks for the heads up Nancy, maybe this will be broadcasted somewhere online. :charming:

I found several pictures of the tour's plane, it's a rented MD-80, this type of aircraft is pretty much satisfactory for medium-haul flights. Along with all the perks that they have within, it's still a kickass plane for them.

350t5s0.jpg

166hkll.jpg

2mmcxg1.jpg

10xqyow.jpg

167nxqr.jpg

2u7rsbm.jpg