✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

Perrine, I read your review and omg :bomb::bomb: DAMON HELD YER HAND OAUSHDOSAUHDOASUGDUAG :freak:

The gig sounds awesome! :bomb::bomb: I'm happy for yeh. :wacky:

Makes me wanna see Damon even more. :bomb:

Yeah, first one's Dec 6th and the last one (mine) is Dec 19 :D

How long are you holidaying out here for? :awesome:

I'm here for a week; NOT ENOUGH. I love this place, such a difference from where I come from!

And I saw Gorillaz posters here, :freak: :heart:

Here is the picture which I am the most proud (thanks Perrine :smug2:)!! (even if it's blurry and I look horrible :embarrassed:)

143143p3JPG.jpg

I love his hat, he looks so beautiful with it :wacky:

Omg Louise! :bomb: I'm so happy for you. You two look lovely. :blush:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, remember when i told you about how i would loved that Gorillaz came to South America?

Well... this maybe happening:

http://potq.cl/2010/11/27/personal-fest-2011-traeria-un-cartel-de-temer-en-argentina/

I live in Uruguay and Argentina it's right next to it, so if this rumour gets confirmed, i'll take a bus and queue with a lot of users in the South American Gorillaz forum.

And i remember that a reliable source in the Gorillaz camp told G-U that they will play more festivals, so this could be true.

Of course, i'll keep some low expectations, but if it happens, i'll jump and cry of happiness.

I hope this is true!!! :bomb:

But... okay :shame:

It was so funny, he's such a dork haha! Aww thanks :hug:

Well they said it in french so I hope Damon didn't hear or at least understand it... Fuck them, I had a blast!

Hahaha you'd definitely have killed me xD I didn't even run that much, didn't need to lol

Yes! They were so into it haha

Aww thanks! I still haven't told the end of the story though :tongue:

Yes it is! I'll tell you everything you need to know for the show :}

It was such a magical moment <3

Yay! Be more excited for Gorillaz haha. I haven't seen U2 live, but Gorillaz are definitely better than Muse, you can't even compare! You'll forget Muse and U2 fast enough :tongue:

Aww thanks! I was looking for the xx cover, soo beautiful :hug:

^ can i sig this? :laugh3:

Yes it is! I'll tell you everything you need to know for the show :}

It was such a magical moment <3

Yay! Be more excited for Gorillaz haha. I haven't seen U2 live, but Gorillaz are definitely better than Muse, you can't even compare! You'll forget Muse and U2 fast enough :tongue:

Haha thanks!

GAHHHH :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

21 days is too long :freak:

I'm here for a week; NOT ENOUGH. I love this place, such a difference from where I come from!

And I saw Gorillaz posters here, :freak: :heart:

I KNOW! I first saw them yesterday!

I'm trying to get a hold of the companies who do the advertising to see if I can get one :blush:

I KNOW! I first saw them yesterday!

I'm trying to get a hold of the companies who do the advertising to see if I can get one :blush:

DO TRY TO GET ONE. :wacky:

The posters make me feel like watching them more. I remember seeing one and I was like AIOSHDAISHDPSIAHDIPH :freak: and then I saw more. :dead:

DO TRY TO GET ONE. :wacky:

The posters make me feel like watching them more. I remember seeing one and I was like AIOSHDAISHDPSIAHDIPH :freak: and then I saw more. :dead:

I'm going to!!!

Just a question so I know if I'm on the right track.. did you see them at bus stations or shelters or train stations? I've got like a bajillion numbers I'm trying to call and I don't know which ones I should start with :lol:

I'm going to!!!

Just a question so I know if I'm on the right track.. did you see them at bus stations or shelters or train stations? I've got like a bajillion numbers I'm trying to call and I don't know which ones I should start with :lol:

I remember seeing them at the train station. :wacko: And a few other places, which I can really pinpoint the location; I think it's the roadside or something.

Do take a picture if you get a poster! :wacky:

Sorry for that long and shitty post but I want to share with you that moment.

So here is a long and boring review in my so bad English. :\

As Perrine already made a review for the Tuesday night I'll make one for the Monday show.

I knew that I'd be with Perrine on Tuesday so I didn't come too early but it was one of the worst moments of my life. I was so cold. My toes were close to death.

:confused:. Fortunately there were these two drunken guys behind me. One of them at one point lost his balance and fell into a mud puddle, he had mud everywhere :lol:. We all had a big laugh for several minutes and the time spent more quickly. However when I learned that the doors wouldn't open on time but 1:30 later I thought that my last hour had struck :angry:.

Finally the doors opened, the crowd moves slowly and I tell myself that I wouldn't be too badly placed but couldn't reach the first rows. So I enter the venue without too much hurry. I finally find myself at the front row, not at the middle but still front row! God I was so excited :bomb:.

We didn't wait too long inside because there were so late.

Little Dragon came on stage. I thought it was pretty flat on CD but live is really great. Yukimi's voice is very good and instruments are clearly apparent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoSdmFro04E]YouTube - Little Dragon @ Zénith de Paris 22.11.2010[/ame]

Then De La Soul. This is a group I enjoy very much and I had already seen them last year. They are really generous on stage and did their job, warm the audience.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvWOZyMEZCA]YouTube - De La Soul @ Zenith de Paris 22.11.2010[/ame]

Quickly after De La Soul (but it was already 10:00) all the musicians from Gorillaz came on stage. So many people on stage that I didn't know where to look and saw Damon only after 2-3min :laugh3:

Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach:

I hate this song. Snoop Dog is a person I really don't like. I find him misogynistic I can't believe Damon like him.

Last Living Souls

One of my favorites. It's really strange to finally hear songs from the first two albums in live. So much emotion for me who never thought to see them live. And I must say that beginning with Last Living Souls it's explosive.

19/2000

Roses Is so sweet, she’s got a lovely voice and the hug Damon gave her was :awesome:

On Melancholy Hill

Damon and his guitar, Superb. Not a big song but I can't help myself I love it so much.

Rhinestone Eyes

I was yelling so loud. This song is a tube.

Kids With Guns

I became crazy hearing this song. Also one of my favorites. And what a surprise when Neneh Cherry came. I just love this woman. And I remember having yelled when she approached from where I was that I loved her and that she was beautiful. lol. A moment mixed of joy and shame. :smug:

Superfast Jellyfish

I like De La Soul, I love Gruff Rhys (top 5 of my favorite artists) and I can't describe how I love Gorillaz but this song means nothing for me. I tried to like it but nothing happens. Maybe if Gruff were there I would completely lost my mind and find the song super-duper cool but no, no Gruff. :shrug:

Ants Empire

I never really like the beginning of the song, but shit! It’s Damon singing and in live it's just wow. The Yukimi / Damon duo is perfect.

Broken

One of my favorite from Plastic Beach and this is confirmed. I had a great moment. With the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble it was magical. The ending was so good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVUdZM9ngcs]YouTube - Gorillaz - Broken @ Zénith de Paris 22.11.2010[/ame]

El Mañana

Sublime and so emotional.

Doncamatic

Like a lot of people I didn't like it first, I was indifferent to this song. But I became almost addicted. And Daley has an incredible voice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey_oas9EM54]YouTube - Gorillaz - Doncamatic @ Zénith de Paris 22.11.2010[/ame]

White Flag

Damon with his flag, it was really funny . And Kano and Bashy are too cute . Kano even had little wings on his jacket.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAl_fEa6ZFc]YouTube - Gorillaz - White Flag @ Zénith de Paris 22.11.2010[/ame]

To Binge

What to say about this song and this duo. Sublime. They were so beautiful. And at the end of the song, both on their knees and the kiss Damon gives to Yukimi.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0R0F17614g]YouTube - Gorillaz - To Binge @ Zénith de Paris 22.11.2010[/ame]

Feel Good Inc..

How to miss this song. I had a De La Soul version last year and I am very happy to finally heard it complete with Damon voice.

And my second moment of joy / shame: When Damon came up to me I literally screamed his name. I often sing and "yell" between songs but this time it looks like the cry of a desperate fan. lol

Just before Clint Eastwood we got the surprise to see Jamie came on stage. I was so happy. The concert was perfect. :dance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Ds0esdRBQ]YouTube - Gorillaz - Jamie Hewlett on stage @ Zénith de Paris 22.11.2010[/ame]

Clint Eastwood

Again a big hit that everybody was expected. At this moment I knew that the concert ended approach, so I thoroughly enjoyed without thinking to anything else but the joy to be here and seeing Gorillaz.

Don't Get Lost In Heaven - Demon Days

What a better way to finish this concert. Two sublime songs. Sweetness and emotions.

I am often surprised how a concert can seem to be short but this time it was perfect. The sequence of songs was perfect, Damon was very communicative and the audience too. All guests were very well introduced and we felt that there was a really good atmosphere on the stage.

After the concert I went behind the venue to eventually see Damon or another group member. We were 3 and then 6 when Damon came out. He was completely elsewhere and had no time. One of the girls still managed to give him a letter; he thanked her with a big smile and just waved at us before he came back into the venue. I didn't wait longer because everybody was living and I wouldn't wait alone. I came back to the hotel slightly frustrated but confident and hopeful for the second day.

I don't have any regrets deciding to go to both shows. I really hope you all will have the opportunity to see them one day and can have as much pleasure as we do.

And since Wednesday I'm completely out of whack. I found myself crying while listening to songs. That never happened. I'm a fan of Damon for 15 years now and these concerts are the culmination of all these years. During the two concerts I saw my life from my discovery of Blur to Gorillaz and every other stuff Damon done, and finally the reunion of blur last year and the concerts this week. I now know I am bound to this man and his music and whatever happens he will always be part of me and I will probably die listening to the 150th group created by Damon.:D

Sorry for that long and shitty post but I want to share with you that moment.

So here is a long and borring review in my so bad english. :\

As Perrine already made a review for the Tuesday night I'll make one for the Monday show.

I knew that I'd be with Perrine on tuesday so I didn't come too early but it was one of the worst moment of my life.I was so cold. My toes were close to death :confused:. Fortunately there were these two drunk guys behind me. One of them at one point lost his balance and fell into a mud puddle, he had mud everywhere :lol:. We all had a big laugh for sevrals minutes and the time spent more quickly. However when I learned that the doors wouldn't open on time but 1:30 later I thought that my last hour had struck :angry:.

Finally the doors opened, the crowd moves slowly and I tell myself that I wouldn't be too badly placed but couldn't reach the first rows. So I enter the venue without too much hurry. I finaly find myself at the front row, not at the middle but still front row ! God I was so excited :bomb:.

I am often surprised how a concert can seem to be short but this time it was perfect. The sequence of songs was perfect, Damon was very communicative and the audiance too. All guests were very well introduced and we felt that there was a really good atmosphere on the stage.

After the concert I went behind the venue to eventually see Damon or another group member. We were 3 and then 6 when Damon came out. He was completely elsewhere and had no time. One of the girls still managed to give him a letter, he thanked her with a big smile and just waved at us before he came back into the venue. I didn't wait longer because everybody was living and I wouldn't wait alone. I came back to the hotel slightly frustrated but confident and hopeful for the second day.

I don't have any regrets deciding to go to both shows. I really hope you all will have the opportunity to see them one day and can have as much pleasure as we do.

And since Wednesday I'm completely out of whack. I found myself crying while listening to songs. That never happened. I'm a fan of Damon for 15 years now and these concerts are the culmination of all these years. During the two concerts I saw my life from my discovery of Blur to Gorillaz and every other stuff Damon done, and finally the reunion of blur last year and the concerts this week. I now know I am bound to this man and his music and whatever happens he will always be part of me and I will probably die listening to the 150th group created by Damon. :D

:stunned: You got to see Jamie!! Does he normally come out during shows?? I didn't know he did!

Anyway, beautiful review :wacky: Your English is not bad at all!!

I'm so glad you had such an amazing time, both nights!

I really can't describe how FREAKING EXCITED I am for... 3 WEEKS! I just realised it's exactly 3 weeks til I see them! :dance:

Perrine, I read your review and omg :bomb::bomb: DAMON HELD YER HAND OAUSHDOSAUHDOASUGDUAG :freak:

The gig sounds awesome! :bomb::bomb: I'm happy for yeh. :wacky:

Makes me wanna see Damon even more. :bomb:

Yessss h<lfh ofoq<ilfjkws!!

I'm still lost in his gorgeous blue eyes :anxious:

They're just coming to Hong Kong right? :/

^ can i sig this? :laugh3:

Hahaha yes, but I'm afraid to become the target of the Muse fans here :uhoh:

Haha thanks!

GAHHHH :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

21 days is too long :freak:

I am sooo excited for you Grace :dead:

It'll come fast enough!!

Now, time for the end of the review hehe

Btw, great review Louise!! I would've loved going to both shows >.<

Here’s the part 2!

So after everyone left the stage, the lights came back on, and we were all standing there staring at the stage like “what happened?” :P

The security guards were pushing us out so we didn’t have choice but leave the venue. The show was so good as I was almost thinking I wouldn’t be disappointed if I didn’t meet Damon.

The exit was on the right so everyone was going this way, but we had to go to the left to wait at the back of the venue and we didn’t want anyone to follow us so we tried to do that discreetly, haha we’re so selfish when it comes to Damon xD

A few people were already waiting (and they left like 5minutes before Damon came out, wtf?^^) so we stopped here, staring at the back entrance.

One bus was ready to leave, and we didn’t know if Damon was already in it. We saw Cass getting in, and then Jeff (I called him, but yeah, my voice ain’t the loudest voice ever lol!), and lots of other people. This bus finally left and we kept watching the door.

We see a white sailor hat and start yelling “Pauuul!”. He did smile and wave at us, and started to come our way but stopped to talk with people, damn it haha! He’s like my second favorite member in the band, but oh well, I got a wink (Right Louise? :wink3:).

A few minutes later, we see Smoggy coming out with someone, and Louise yelled “Damoooon!” (yeah, she’s the one who had just said she was too shy to call him xD). He saw us and started to walk towards us, I couldn’t realize he was actually coming! I have to say I don’t remember everything, I have a few black-outs lol! Smoggy told us right away it would have to be quick cause they didn’t have time (don’t know where they were going as they were playing at a French TV show the day after), so we said hi and I asked him for a picture (my sister keeps saying I asked him “Could you take a picture?” omg :facepalm:). He said yes and before I realized what was going on he grabbed my shoulder and got closer, after hiding his bottle of champagne haha! Cause he was drunk, as usual, but in a very quiet way :P My sister took 2 pics and then I took one for Louise.

I asked Damon how was the show, and he answered “Great, it was great! I was in a dream, like at some point I was like aah and at some point I was like wow” or something like that, was absolutely too cute and sincere! Then he signed my Plastic Beach album :} As Smoggy was hurrying everyone up, Jamie came out of nowhere, he was so drunk and cheerful xD He took a pic with 2 girls and then signed some stuff including my album, he was so sweet and funny! He said something like “Paris is my favorite city” lol

They really had to leave cause Smoggy was like a father with his children xD So they said bye and left, and Jamie blew us a kiss :P

Later we saw Mick Jones getting out, so we called him and he smiled at us and blew us kisses too xD

Among the last ones to come out were De La Soul and Little Dragon. Maseo saw us and came to talk to us, he had this huge glass of wine^^ He signed a few things and told us about his Radio show or something. A bus was leaving and he was in a way, so I said “careful!” and almost grabbed him haha! He was like “oh my glass!” and grabbed it so it wouldn’t get crushed xD

That was it, we left and still couldn’t realize what happened! I’m so pissed at myself for not talking more to Damon, I so wanted to know if he was planning another album with the Good the Bad and the Queen!

It was a perfect evening, words aren’t enough to describe that feeling. Gorillaz is such an amazing band, they have Jamie’s beautiful drawings, Damon’s musical genius and all those guests who make this band so unique and diverse. It’s impossible not to feel how happy they are to be on stage together and make the audience have an unforgettable time. Because during 2 hours I didn’t stop dancing and singing. I totally forgot about the other 8000 persons behind me, they were so many things to look at and so many sounds to listen to, you really could see the music was being made just in front of you.

Also, Damon is the sweetest person ever, he does care about his fans, and I was really amazed to meet him, knowing everything he’s done, is still doing, and will do for music, for many more years I hope.

Who’s booking tickets to Australia with me? :disappointed:

Oh, and here's the picture :wacky:

DAMONANDME.jpg

And my album!

IMG_0201.jpg

AHHHHHH :freak: :freak: :freak:

Fantastic review Perrine, I'm really really happy for you! And your pictures are beautiful, both of them!! :blush:

Haha, my mind is made up and so I'm literally going to force my brother (he's coming with me) to go and find Damon and Jamie and the band after the show finishes! :wacky: How long did you have to wait before he came out?

Who’s booking tickets to Australia with me? :disappointed:

Dare you to come to the Brisbane gig with me! :lol: :P

Edit: How'd you manage to bring the album with you? I don't really want to bring a bag but I'd be afraid that it got broken :uhoh:

Too lazy to multi-quote...

@Louise : Your English is not bad at all! And I've realised that Gruff Rhys doesn't go on stage too. But hahaha, I would yell around too if I were you. :bomb::bomb: :heart: Happy for yeh. :botoxlips:

You're a lucky girl! You've seen both Blur and Gorillaz. :bomb: Blur :heart:

@Perrine : YEAH. Only Hong Kong. :disappointed: Not fairrrr. Anywayy, you look amazing in that picture. :bomb: I will read y'guys' reviews in more detail later, gonna go out soon so I'm kinda in a hurry.

@Grace : Eh, I'm in Brisbane too. ZOMGZOMG. :freak: If only I'm gonna stay longerrrr. :bomb::bomb:

I just bought ''Help: A Day in the Life'' (which is a charity compilation album) and Hong Kong is one of the songs on it. I'd forgotten how amazing it is :)

How You See the World .2 - Coldplay and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Keane are amazing on the album too

^^Mmmmm, 'tis amazing :wacky:

Too lazy to multi-quote...

@Louise : Your English is not bad at all! And I've realised that Gruff Rhys doesn't go on stage too. But hahaha, I would yell around too if I were you. :bomb::bomb: :heart: Happy for yeh. :botoxlips:

You're a lucky girl! You've seen both Blur and Gorillaz. :bomb: Blur :heart:

@Perrine : YEAH. Only Hong Kong. :disappointed: Not fairrrr. Anywayy, you look amazing in that picture. :bomb: I will read y'guys' reviews in more detail later, gonna go out soon so I'm kinda in a hurry.

@Grace : Eh, I'm in Brisbane too. ZOMGZOMG. :freak: If only I'm gonna stay longerrrr. :bomb::bomb:

Yeah, Brisbane ftw :awesome:

Gaaaaaahhhhhh I wish you were too! :disappointed:

One day you'll get to see them!

^:awesome:

I agree with everything you wrote except the wink :P

I feel quite embarrassed to have yelled Damon's name like I did.

Stop saying that:whip:

Maybe he wouldn't have noticed us if you didn't, plus I asked my sister and we both think there's nothing wrong with the way you called him :kiss:

AHHHHHH :freak: :freak: :freak:

Fantastic review Perrine, I'm really really happy for you! And your pictures are beautiful, both of them!! :blush:

Haha, my mind is made up and so I'm literally going to force my brother (he's coming with me) to go and find Damon and Jamie and the band after the show finishes! :wacky: How long did you have to wait before he came out?

Dare you to come to the Brisbane gig with me! :lol: :P

Edit: How'd you manage to bring the album with you? I don't really want to bring a bag but I'd be afraid that it got broken :uhoh:

Aww thanks! :hug: (what do you mean by both of them? lol)

Yes yes yes go for it! *sends Karma*

It wasn't even that long, around 45minutes I guess (was cooold tho :tongue:)

If only *checks flights to Australia* :disappointed:

I had it in my bag! And just take the sleeve :wink:

Sucks big time..

Aww thanks :hug: My hair is so messy haha

Aww thanks! :hug: (what do you mean by both of them? lol)

Yes yes yes go for it! *sends Karma*

It wasn't even that long, around 45minutes I guess (was cooold tho :tongue:)

If only *checks flights to Australia* :disappointed:

I had it in my bag! And just take the sleeve :wink:

Haha, I meant both in that you look gorgeous, and well, the signatures kinda speak for themselves :blush:

Maybe I will have to take a bag then... or just make my brother put it in his pocket :P

Lucky it's summer here so it won't be too cold! :awesome:

Awwwwww I'd fly you over if I were a millionaire :lol: :hug:

@ Louise: Fantastic review of the first night darling :kiss: I also have to agree with you on Snoop! Although I do find him hilarious on stage, the way he looks :P the way he acts, I'm not sure why Damon worked with him either. He doesn't really fit into the Gorillaz message as he was just a pimp a couple years ago and arrested for gun possession numerous times :lol: Although I have a feeling Damon just likes him for teh lulz and likes his rapping style, I'm assuming.

HOW CUTE!! Look at Jamie hahah! I wish he had came out at our show, he told me he was too shy though :shy:

Your videos are amazing, you are right I fell in love with To Binge. I even took these screenshots from it :lol:

Screenshot2010-11-28at30210PM.png

Screenshot2010-11-28at30159PM.png

@Perrine: LOVELY ICON :cheesy: I love how this thread is now full of us and Damon pics haha! Love that signed Plastic Beach album too :wacky: And of course you already told me the story before, but I loved reading that again!

So happy for both of you girls :nice: and Graceful I hope you have good luck at your show too!

Hey guys I just wanted to check in really quick-sorry I haven't been around of late, real life has been a struggle! :\

Louise and Perrine-OMG. :D I am so happy and giddy for you guys!!!! I'm hoping to be around more tomorrow aftre work to play and chat more! *HUGS*

pikamuse-I'm LOVING your story of meeting the guys! So amazing!!!

Graceful-you are gonna have a BLAST!!!!!

Everyone else-LOVE you guys and I will be back soon-hopefully tomorrow!!!! Gnight!!!

Yeah, Brisbane ftw :awesome:

Gaaaaaahhhhhh I wish you were too! :disappointed:

One day you'll get to see them!

I wish so too. And I do hope I get to see them someday. :bomb:

Sucks big time..

Aww thanks :hug: My hair is so messy haha

Messy hair ftw. :charming:

@Perrine: LOVELY ICON :cheesy: I love how this thread is now full of us and Damon pics haha! Love that signed Plastic Beach album too :wacky: And of course you already told me the story before, but I loved reading that again!

So happy for both of you girls :nice: and Graceful I hope you have good luck at your show too!

Aww thanks :hug:

This thread is becoming a sect: "I met Damon, took a pic with him and put it as my avatar". JOIN :wideeyed:

Haha I can't believe I wrote that story twice, was so long lol!

Messy hair ftw. :charming:

I was too disturbed to put them straight :tongue:

OH! Btw I spoke to Rosie Wilson on twitter (the one who plays Noodle's role on stage) and she's so lovely! I showed her my pic of her with Damon and she said it's fantastic and retweeted it haha :}

Aww thanks :hug:

This thread is becoming a sect: "I met Damon, took a pic with him and put it as my avatar". JOIN :wideeyed:

Haha I can't believe I wrote that story twice, was so long lol!

OH! Btw I spoke to Rosie Wilson on twitter (the one who plays Noodle's role on stage) and she's so lovely! I showed her my pic of her with Damon and she said it's fantastic and retweeted it haha :}

Awww that's so sweet of her!

I will try to join, just to be a conformist and all... :anxious:

Also, I enjoyed the story! I love reading people's reviews of shows :wacky:

Edit: what IS her twitter? I haven't been able to find it... :surprised: