✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

Aites. I'm checking out the Grammy Nominees. And Gorillaz is nominated!

Best Pop Instrumental Performance

'Flow' -- Laurie Anderson

'Nessun Dorma' -- Jeff Beck

'No Mystery' -- Stanley Clarke

'Orchestral Intro' -- Gorillaz

'Sleepwalk' -- The Brian Setzer Orchestra

LUL.

:inquisitive:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Haha, I agree but Sam has to decide :tongue:

Mediocre? Booo.

Thank you so much! That'd be really great.

I don't care of what they think :snobby:

Can I be Perrine's assistant then...? I don't mind being the bottom of the ladder :P

This advent calendar thing is awesome!! Has anyone else seen the second one yet? :p

Haha of course :lips:

I know!! And yeah, love the masks but don't think I'll be making one haha

DAMN you guys have been at it while I was away and busy!!! Y'all need to slow down!!!!!:P (KIDDING!!! KIDDING!!! ;))

It's unbeliveable... I'm so happy that he's actually going to hear them! And even if he doesn't like it it means there must be another Gorillaz tour to look forward to :P

We do have Myspace/Youtube accounts but they're not updated at all so I'll try and make them look a little better before showing you :)

Another thing... I think our band needs to be renamed, any suggestions? :D

Sam it's just awesome alone that they have word about you-I think it's so great!!!:D

As for names, this idea could help-is there anything out of your life (or your band members') that has happened of a huge personal significance (a person, a thing, anything) that a name or a word stands out? You could name your band aftre something like that (thats how Keane named themselves-after an elderly neighbor-friend of Tom's mum who the guys LOVED.)

Haha here's her fb account: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roses-Gabor/106874781211?ref=ts

or that pic

IMG_0087.jpg

:wacky:

And OMG that's awesome!! I'm so happy for you :dead:

But I thought their tour was over? *is lost*

Aww, exactly 7 days ago I was meeting Damon, time flies :sad:

OMG THIS PIC!!!! And she retweeted this too as well!!!! It's beautiful Perrine! :D :heart:

Yeah we are getting them, CAN'T WAIT :dance:

Seconded!!! I'm really curious to hear your band!!

Random story, but last night I went out to dinner and stole a Gorillaz poster off the bathroom wall :P

Woo!

Grace, you are a NEW hero of mine!!!!!!! :kiss:

Good work! :D

Ok, I'll load the stuff today. Some are only demos though (excuses excuses :P)

YES!!! Let us know when you have them please!!!! Wanna hear!!! :D

http://gorillaz.com/xmas[/url]

It's a really good idea, at least we have something to hold us back instead of just waiting for January to come.

AWWW!!!! Thank you for this LM!!!!!! :D

Mick and Paul news :D :

http://www.gigwise.com/news/59908/Paul-Simonon-and-Mick-Jones-To-Produce-Clash-London-Calling-Film

*Thinks of first task for my new assisant* :P

YAY!!!!! Thank you Sam!!!! :D

Aites. I'm checking out the Grammy Nominees. And Gorillaz is nominated!

Best Pop Instrumental Performance

'Flow' -- Laurie Anderson

'Nessun Dorma' -- Jeff Beck

'No Mystery' -- Stanley Clarke

'Orchestral Intro' -- Gorillaz

'Sleepwalk' -- The Brian Setzer Orchestra

LUL.

Yeah, they also nominated Stylo for Best Short Form Video.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and No Distance Left To Run is also nominated. It's in the Best Long Form Music Video.

:heart: Did they win anything?

Sooo... considering there's so many assistants, can I be your coordinator? :D

I'm so excited that they're nominated!!! What sucks is that these are usually the awards not televised! :angry:

Actaully the awards aren't until Feburaury so nothing's been handed out yet! ;)

Sure :D Do coordinators have assistants? :P

I don't have a printer at home but when I go back to uni I'll make one, using my time wisely of course!

I'll be the hair and makeup stylist! :D

Did you guys watch the new 30 min Q interview yet? (Its where the Glee snippet comes from) Jian still strikes me as a tool (he keeps pressing them about 'making money')-but I'm cutting him a smigde of slack as he proves himself to be a fan-and Jamion know how to handle him anyway.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R0WdUhVB84]YouTube - Gorillaz return to Q TV[/ame]

Did you guys watch the new 30 min Q interview yet? (Its where the Glee snippet comes from) Jian still strikes me as a tool (he keeps pressing them about 'making money')-but I'm cutting him a smigde of slack as he proves himself to be a fan-and Jamion know how to handle him anyway.

I remember the first time Damon & Jamie went there. It was in the Monkey era. Jian made a long-ass intro and in one point you could see Damon yawning xD. Jamie was bored too.

I remember the first time Damon & Jamie went there. It was in the Monkey era. Jian made a long-ass intro and in one point you could see Damon yawning xD. Jamie was bored too.

Oh yeah. Jian is just annoying-he gives off this Ryan Seacrest-vibe to me-if you've ever seen Ryan interview celebs at award shows-it's that bad. He asks the stupidest questions.

Haha of course :lips:

I know!! And yeah, love the masks but don't think I'll be making one haha

Nor I, but I downloaded them all anyway :P

Grace, you are a NEW hero of mine!!!!!!! :kiss:

I'll be the hair and makeup stylist! :D

:blush: :kiss:

And yes!! I'm hopeless with hair and makeup :P

Also posted this on the Damon thread, but there's an interview with him (4 pages long) %20Damon%20Albarn%20interview,%20Motorhead%20tour,%20U2%20footage"]here, including some great videos!

:dance:

Damons face on the cover of the Gorillaz return to Q link is so funny :D

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Oh man its GREAT!

Also posted this on the Damon thread, but there's an interview with him (4 pages long) %20Damon%20Albarn%20interview,%20Motorhead%20tour,%20U2%20footage"]here, including some great videos!

OH I LUV THAT INTERVIEW!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yeah I read that last night:

"I was just fucked off no-one was playing me on the radio."

:lol:

Ah yeah, the Grammys are handed out in February :facepalm: I remember staying up to see Thom and Jonny perform two years ago :lol:

Sam, if you name your band The Ponycorns, I'll love you forever. :heart: J/K, but it might be a good band name, who knows.

Ah yeah, the Grammys are handed out in February :facepalm: I remember staying up to see Thom and Jonny perform two years ago :lol:

Sam, if you name your band The Ponycorns, I'll love you forever. :heart: J/K, but it might be a good band name, who knows.

The Ponycorns? :D I can't think of anything at all :P

Guys I've been reading your reviews and they're all great, man I'm going to miss hearing strories from this tour when it's over!

Perrine, your pictures are so good! I love the dress Yukimi's wearing on the night of your show, and her outfits in general- she's got such a unique style.

^^I want to see it too :D

Amazing news: my bands manager spoke with Gorillaz about us supporting them in 2011! It's not exactly likely because I don't think we're good enough or that we'd be the right style... but... Damon will hear my music :wacky:

No way, that's amazing! how did your manager bring that about? Interesting to hear of the possibiltiy of 2011 shows too...

Images from the tv show La Musicale:

148397_171487842875725_147808801910296_459165_4949710_n.jpg

149979_171650649526111_147808801910296_460083_6887149_n.jpg

150845_171703289520847_147808801910296_460332_430530_n.jpg

76167_171244759566700_147808801910296_457854_829149_n.jpg

Interesting note:

-Jamie designed the whole stage based on a boat called The HMS, adding some marine details. It's pretty awesome:

75840_171218686235974_147808801910296_457649_7811490_n.jpg

Ooh that's for the show being broadcast in France right? I'm gonna have to see if I can watch that somehow.

Also, I'm well excited about this advent calender thing

From the webiste-

"Tis the season to be Mary... Blah, blah, Bah Humbug, blah....! Insert your own jovial Xmas bull***t here." :laugh3:

I wonder what the last day's surprise is?... Imagine if it was the rhinestone eyes video, and EMI had just been building up the suspense by fuelling rumours of it's cancellation, while the video is actually being finished. Oh and there's bonus details of the new album.

Nope, not unrealistic at all. :D

Also, I'm well excited about this advent calender thing

From the webiste-

"Tis the season to be Mary... Blah, blah, Bah Humbug, blah....! Insert your own jovial Xmas bull***t here." :laugh3:

I wonder what the last day's surprise is?... Imagine if it was the rhinestone eyes video, and EMI had just been building up the suspense by fuelling rumours of it's cancellation, while the video is actually being finished. Oh and there's bonus details of the new album.

Nope, not unrealistic at all. :D

I have these crazy high hopes that it might be this album Damon keeps talking about that he wants to release before christmas... :blank: