• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww that's so sweet of her!

I will try to join, just to be a conformist and all... :anxious:

Also, I enjoyed the story! I love reading people's reviews of shows :wacky:

Edit: what IS her twitter? I haven't been able to find it... :surprised:

I asked her if she was going to Australia but she didn't answer, so I guess we'll find out in 20days or so :tongue:

And yes it's her twitter, it's @RosesGabor :nice:

Haha yeah, suuuure! You don't really care about Damon, but just to be like us :mellow:

Thanks! Can't wait to read yours :}

I asked her if she was going to Australia but she didn't answer, so I guess we'll find out in 20days or so :tongue:

And yes it's her twitter, it's @RosesGabor :nice:

Haha yeah, suuuure! You don't really care about Damon, but just to be like us :mellow:

Thanks! Can't wait to read yours :}

*acts offended* I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that... :P

Yeah she is coming out! So far we have (confirmed) De La Soul, Hypnotic Brass, Bobby Womack, the Syrian National Orchestra of Arabic Music, Bootie Brown, Little Dragon and Rosie Wilson, and Daley is definitely not coming :(

But thanks for asking anyway! :cheesy:

Here's my review!

Posting it in two parts cause it's really long hehe

Hey guys! As you may already know, I got extremely spoilt, I still can’t believe it :}

So I started queuing a bit before 1pm, it so was freaking cold that I almost lost my toes, but I was the first in my queue! I waited for Louise who showed up after 2pm, and we spent the afternoon talking and making plans for the show. She knew the exact spot we had to go for, and omg she was right!

A bit before the doors opened, I recognized the security guard at our gate from a Coldplay gig, so I talked to him a bit, and I think that’s why he opened our gate before the others haha. I was the first getting in so I was walking quietly, but then I saw crazy girls running behind me and screaming so I had no choice but to run too xD The venue was totally empty so we got the best place, just under Damon’s mic and in front of a big amp. We were already too damn excited lol

So a guy from De la Soul started playing music to entertain the crowd before Little Dragon, and we see Damon dancing like a weirdo on the side(no no I didn’t imitate him :P), was so funny! He doesn’t seem to like Michael Jackson though cause he totally stopped dancing^^ We also saw some people playing ping pong backstage, but couldn’t tell if it was him.

Little Dragon walked on stage and played like 5 songs. Their set was great and Yukimi was really graceful, I do understand why Damon loves her so much! She kept smiling and saying “merci!” haha

Then De la Soul came to play, and omg these guys are too funny, they’re not the kind of music I’m used to listen, but did a great job at warming up the venue, everyone was bouncing and shouting whatever they asked us to say (I’m sure most people didn’t understand a word of what they were saying tho ^^). At some point Maseo showed his huge belly and starting rubbing him, everyone cracked up xD

Now, was time for the main course as Maseo from de La Soul said!

The show starts with a video of Murdoc in the dressing room, wow Jamie’s drawings look so good on such a big screen! That’s a shame cause I didn’t look at the screen that much, there was too much going on on stage :P

Orchestral Intro, with an absolutely stunning and beautiful video of Plastic Beach

Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach

I don’t really remember this song as I was too busy looking at everyone coming on stage, I guess they were almost 30, that’s crazy! I couldn’t even look at Damon’s face when he was looking at Snoop Dogg on the screen :P But he was dancing, and was REALLY into it lol!

Last Living Souls

19/2000

Stylo

On Melancholy Hill

I will never forget this, Damon singing with an acoustic guitar just in front of us, oh what a voice <3 And when I looked at Smoggy he was singing too, was absolutely too cute!

Rhinestone Eyes

I was already crazy about this song, but now it’s even worse. So at some point, Damon jumped on the big amp in front of us while singing, and I raised my arm without thinking. Then he took my hand and kept singing while looking at me in the eyes for like 5 seconds omgomgomgomg!!! My sister told me it was long indeed, so it wasn’t just me lol. I swear, I was like paralyzed and now I keep seeing his blue eyes staring at me fwklfhlqsfjlaep :freak:

Kids With Guns

My favorite Gorillaz song, I was so afraid they wouldn’t play it, but they did! Neneh Cherry was singing too. Watching Paul Simonon playing the amazing bass part just in front of you is so priceless!

Superfast Jellyfish

Tomorrow Comes Today

Empire Ants

Broken

Dirty Harry

El Mañana

One of the most beautiful Gorillaz songs, it was really to cry about.

November Has Come

I can’t believe they played it, was the only time they did since 2006! MF Doom (the rapper) didn’t even remember the lyrics so he had to read them lol. Before playing it, Damon said something like “It’s the first time we play this song” so we thought it was going to be a new one, but we weren’t disappointed at all!

Doncamatic

Fuck the haters, I didn’t know what to think of this song at first, but now I absolutely love it! Daley is amazing on it :) I heard people yelling “It’s shiiit!” behind me, talk about fans..

White Flag

It started with a solo from the National Orchestra of Arabic Music, with Mick Jones dancing in such a cute way, haha it was too funny! Then Damon was holding a huge white flag and for like 3minutes kept spinning around like a little child. When he stopped he couldn’t walk straight lol

To Binge

Such a beautiful song, you could feel the love between Damon and Yukimi, aww the way they look into each other’s eyes while singing! Damon looked like he was about to cry :}

DARE

Glitter Freeze

Punk

Plastic Beach

Encore:

Cloud of Unknowing

Bobby Womack sat in front of us saying this song was one of Damon’s and his favorites, and then started singing. I couldn’t stop moving for the whole show, but at this point everyone stopped moving, and you could feel something in the air, what a touching moment it was!

Feel Good Inc.

Maseo from de la Soul starts the song with the evil laugh, must say it was quite impressive! In the end Damon joined him and they both laughed like evil looking into each other’s eyes, got a funny pic of this.

Clint Eastwood

Don't Get Lost In Heaven

Demon Days

What an absolutely perfect way to finish the show. The audience was silent for a moment, and then everyone started cheering and clapping, it was SO loud!

As for the setlist, we got extremely spoilt: they played for 2 hours, and we got 27 songs, means it was their longest show EVER, they must like their French audience I guess :}

Funny moments/highlights of the show (well those I remember at least!)

- Smoggy standing next to an amp, and as the song started, stretching his arm in front of it and doing a concerned face cause it was really loud.

- Damon hugging absolutely everyone on stage

- Damon throwing water at Smoggy and the audience, and Smoggy running to get a towel and wipe the stage so Damon wouldn’t slip :P Smoggy always he to run so Damon's mic wire wouldn't get stuck lol

- Damon trying to speak French and saying about Gorillaz “it is éclectique” in a really cute way :wacky:

At some point he stopped and asked us to repeat after him. He started whispering "Maseo... Maseo..." so the whole audience was saying that without knowing what it meant. I understood later it was the name of a guy from De la Soul, that's why he was cracking up xD

- Damon stopping between 2 songs to say “Oh Paris, what have you done to us? What do you want from us?”. He was totally sincere, was really touching to hear that!

Oh, and Paul Simonon is my new hero, he’s the classiest bass player ever. I really love the way he holds his guitar like a gun and points it at random people haha. Also, he was so charming, smiling at us all the time and striking poses when I was taking pictures! Oh that wink he sent, Louise and I are still fighting about who it was directed at xD

Some of my pics now!

Little Dragon

IMG_0034.jpg

De La Soul

IMG_0050.jpg

Damon

IMG_0098.jpg

Looks like I was under his legs lol!

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

(We basically could see his butt all the time :tongue:)

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

:dead:

Paul Simonon

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

:wideeyed:

IMG_0183.jpg

Damon and Yukimi: can you feel the love? :heart:

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

Damon and Rosie Wilson

IMG_0087.jpg

Damon and Maseo at the end of Feel Good Inc :P

IMG_0175.jpg

Damon and Kano

IMG_0182.jpg

Daley (that's the best I could get^^)

IMG_0122.jpg

Bobby Womack

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

It was his birthday, everyone sang it to him :D

IMG_0180.jpg

And this one needs to be here as well

IMG_0188.jpg

:wideeyed:

So much awesomeness omg !

He took your hand and looked at you in the eyes while singing !!! Holy shit ! Wow ! :bomb: haha

I'm so happy for you !

And your avatar ahhhhhh. :dead: I wanna see the picture properly :tongue:. Post it right now :whip: !

That was a really good review Perrine :D I can't believe you got November Has Come! I think at Birmingham we got a pretty bad set by the tours standards so far... We didn't get Punk (which I've loved since I was 10!) or Kids With Guns either. Plus Damon didn't get the White Flag out at all! But I completely agree about Paul Simonon, he's just about the coolest guy I've ever seen :P

Aww thanks :hug:

This thread is becoming a sect: "I met Damon, took a pic with him and put it as my avatar". JOIN :wideeyed:

Haha I can't believe I wrote that story twice, was so long lol!

I was too disturbed to put them straight :tongue:

OH! Btw I spoke to Rosie Wilson on twitter (the one who plays Noodle's role on stage) and she's so lovely! I showed her my pic of her with Damon and she said it's fantastic and retweeted it haha :}

I freaking love Rosie!! She was so kind to us fans out in the rain, I'm wishing I had gotten a pic with her too now :(.... But now anytime I tweet her she says, "thanks my lovely lizzy!" :wacky:

That was a really good review Perrine :D I can't believe you got November Has Come! I think at Birmingham we got a pretty bad set by the tours standards so far... We didn't get Punk (which I've loved since I was 10!) or Kids With Guns either. Plus Damon didn't get the White Flag out at all! But I completely agree about Paul Simonon, he's just about the coolest guy I've ever seen :P

I didn't get Kids With Guns either and it has to be one of my favorite Gorillaz songs :sad: I absolutely love it live too.

Paul YES! Our stage was really low to the ground and during Flitter Freeze his bass got about an inch from my face :stunned: then he looked all like, "OH SORRY!" and kind of giggled :P:P

Perrine your review was perfect length LOL I practically wrote a novel with my review so yours is fine lol.

*acts offended* I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that... :P

Yeah she is coming out! So far we have (confirmed) De La Soul, Hypnotic Brass, Bobby Womack, the Syrian National Orchestra of Arabic Music, Bootie Brown, Little Dragon and Rosie Wilson, and Daley is definitely not coming :(

But thanks for asking anyway! :cheesy:

Haha yeah cause I said it seriously :tongue:

Great! I hope you get to meet her too, she is so sweet!

Boo for Daley though :sad:

So much awesomeness omg !

He took your hand and looked at you in the eyes while singing !!! Holy shit ! Wow ! :bomb: haha

I'm so happy for you !

And your avatar ahhhhhh. :dead: I wanna see the picture properly :tongue:. Post it right now :whip: !

Hahaha stop that I'm getting all excited again, it's already hard to focus on my lessons lol!

Thanks so much Alice! :hug:

I posted it, it's on the page before with the story of how it happened hehe

Thank you!! Oh I'm sorry you didn't get to hear those, I don't know why we got so spoilt!

Oh yes, coolest and nicest bass player ever :wacky:

I freaking love Rosie!! She was so kind to us fans out in the rain, I'm wishing I had gotten a pic with her too now :(.... But now anytime I tweet her she says, "thanks my lovely lizzy!" :wacky:

Perrine your review was perfect length LOL I practically wrote a novel with my review so yours is fine lol.

I know she's so sweet! Did you see her new fb profile pic? It's my picture hahaha :wacky:

Haha, must be because I'm not fluent and I couldn't write everything I wanted to say :tongue:

OK found this thread on the 2nd page, and that just ain't right. Nope. Bringin' it back to the forefront where it belongs....

That's really cool that she retweeted your picture! :D

And thanks ShaniBee! :)

You are so welcome BB! :heart:

I know she's so sweet! Did you see her new fb profile pic? It's my picture hahaha :wacky:

BB is it the same one she has on Twitter too?????? :D:D:D:D:D I :heart: it!!!!!!!!

^^I want to see it too :D

Amazing news: my bands manager spoke with Gorillaz about us supporting them in 2011! It's not exactly likely because I don't think we're good enough or that we'd be the right style... but... Damon will hear my music :wacky:

Amazing news: my bands manager spoke with Gorillaz about us supporting them in 2011! It's not exactly likely because I don't think we're good enough or that we'd be the right style... but... Damon will hear my music :wacky:

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS??????:o:o:o The fact alone that your manager got to talk to them is AWESOME-so congrats on that alone BB!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D That would be SO COOL!!!!!!!

WAHHHH! :surprised:

Now I want to hear your music :D

God, that is unbelievable you must be super pumped! And hey if your manager is getting in contact with Gorillaz, you guys are getting places!

Hey guys, remember when i told you about how i would loved that Gorillaz came to South America?

Well... this maybe happening:

http://potq.cl/2010/11/27/personal-fest-2011-traeria-un-cartel-de-temer-en-argentina/

I live in Uruguay and Argentina it's right next to it, so if this rumour gets confirmed, i'll take a bus and queue with a lot of users in the South American Gorillaz forum.

And i remember that a reliable source in the Gorillaz camp told G-U that they will play more festivals, so this could be true.

Of course, i'll keep some low expectations, but if it happens, i'll jump and cry of happiness.

Oh man, I really hope this happens for you! Fingers crossed. It'd be amazing!

Awww! She's so sweet!! :heart:

Oh has everyone written a review of one of the gigs they've been to? Because I'll write one too if so :D

DO IT!! :D

Perrine and Louise - thank you so much for your amazingly fantastic review and videos and pics!!! :wacko: So happy for you!!! :wacky:

^This! Both of your reviews and pics are amazing. You guys are so lucky!!

OMG!!! Wow. Congratulations. Even if you don't get the job, the fact that he will listen to your music is a real honour. I'd be sooo nervous though! You guys must be really good. Have you any links to your stuff?

O M G fingers crossed! I mean, how awesome is that? It's a great opportunity to become famous and get a chance to support the band. Ahhh that is so great :wacky:

It's unbeliveable... I'm so happy that he's actually going to hear them! And even if he doesn't like it it means there must be another Gorillaz tour to look forward to :P

We do have Myspace/Youtube accounts but they're not updated at all so I'll try and make them look a little better before showing you :)

Another thing... I think our band needs to be renamed, any suggestions? :D

OOOOH!!!!!!! Which one is it???? Wanna see!!!!!!! :D

Haha here's her fb account: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roses-Gabor/106874781211?ref=ts

or that pic

IMG_0087.jpg

:wacky:

And OMG that's awesome!! I'm so happy for you :dead:

But I thought their tour was over? *is lost*

Aww, exactly 7 days ago I was meeting Damon, time flies :sad: