✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

agreed the second disc is a lot lot better. most of the bad tracks are on the first disc. example we exist flashbulb eyes you already know and joan of arc. all of which didnt need to be on this album.

I kind of dig flashbulb eyes actually. The lyrics are.... weak, considering there barely is any. But I do like the instrumental.

Here comes the night time 1 and 2 is amazing. HCTNT 2 is the equivalent to the first sprawl off the suburbs and I loved that sone as well. You already know and Joan of arc are my least favorite. No idea where to rank it yet for sure but right now would probably go:

Funeral

Reflektor

Suburbs

Neon bible

Never could get into neon bible.i seem like the only one so take my rankings with a grain of salt lol

I really love it so far. Is the hidden track a reverse of one of the existing tracks or what does it sounds like when un-reversed?

It's basically the whole first disc reversed. A reflection of the first disc. Still, I don't see a point of it and it's the only track that I skip.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I don't see the point in rating their albums + it's hard because they're all good. Every one of them was my favorite at some point. First it was Neon Bible, then Funeral, then The Suburbs and now Reflektor. I'm not saying The Suburbs is as good as Funeral but at least it's normal and not so tragic as the first two. If you reduce it to 10-11 songs it's fine.

Also I don't really get the Flashbulb Eyes hate. Sure the lyrics are dumb but the song is F.U.N! :D It's an extension of HCTNT. Oh and I don't hate You Already Know anymore. I still think it doesn't belong on this record but I won't be skipping it in the future. It's... charming. I think that the whole album is by The Reflektors and that song is ironically by Arcade Fire. :thinking:

The album tracks, "Here Comes the Night Time" and "Here Comes the Night Time II", each appear on the album's respective halves, with Butler noting, "The second one was actually written first and it almost starts the second half of the record – kind of like after the [Haitian] Carnival. Both of them are very much influenced by when the sun is just starting to go down in Port au Prince, and it's really intense because most of the city doesn't have electricity so everyone is just racing to get home before dark." The first of the two tracks references missionaries, in part: "The absurdity that you can go to a place like Haiti and teach people something about God. Like, the opposite really seems to be true, in my experience."

Anyone else think the second disc is significantly better?

Yes in the sense that the only thing I don't like about it is the chorus to Awful Sound (it's kinda cheesy). But the first 4 songs on the first disc ("carnival") are awesome. The beggining and the end of the album are perfect, the middle is kinda iffy (Normal Person and Joan Of Arc are great tho).