✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

No, it's just a reflektion.

I don't see any of the pretentiousness Jack Bauer is speaking of. Just listen to the album and see for yourself.

I wouldn't say pretentiousness, i just think it's a very punk rock attitude towards things. Like "Who cares what you guys want we're gonna do what we like and what we think is fun".

I don't even know what you mean by that. Who cares though, reflektor is amazing either way.

As in there is virtually no experimentation in punk rock (unless you're talking about some sub-strand of it) so it's unfair to compare a band who might actually be trying new things regardless of critical acclaim and what everybody wants (though I doubt that point in itself anyway). And the spirit of that genre (or at least the part you are referring to) only really mattered in its origins when it was new. Now everybody is aware of it. That's not to say it is devoid of meaning, but going punk rock is hardly sticking it to anybody anymore.

After listening to Reflektor like 5 times I can say that it's one of their best albums! (better than The Suburbs, in my opinion).

My top 5:

1. Afterlife

2. Normal Person

3. It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus)

4. Awful Sound (Oh Eurydice)

5. Joan Of Arc

Wooh, I love Arcade Fire! :D