🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

i'm worried that anything less than an Ok-Computer-esque-effort-no.3 will be seen as a failure.

I know what you mean. My friend & I were just saying the other day how much we WANT it to be amazing. Really want it to please both the critics & the people (ala Funeral). Neon Bible kinda divided people. I wasn't convinced at first, but I must say I love that album now.

• 2 weeks later...

up-arcade_fire2LG.jpg

Arcade Fire Recording New Songs in New York

11/10/2009 By Josh O’Kane

Arcade Fire multi-instrumentalist Richard Reed Parry has revealed that the much-loved Montreal outfit are currently in New York City recording strings of new songs, presumably for Arcade Fire’s Neon Bible follow-up.

In an interview with The Quietus earlier this week, Parry was meant to focus on his side-project Bell Orchestre, but the musician let it slip early in the interview that the reason he was in New York was to do “some recording in a studio — Arcade Fire stuff.”

He did not say the new songs were specifically for an Arcade Fire album, though earlier this year front-man Win Butler told NME that the band had been writing material for a follow-up to 2007’s Neon Bible. Despite those developments, Parry said there were no plans for a release date for the new material and there are no plans to tour “for the foreseeable future.”

Bell Orchestre’s sophomore album As Seen Through Windows was released earlier this year. And while Butler remains the lead songwriter for Arcade Fire, Parry said that all members of the band contribute to the songwriting process. In Bell Orchestre, however, he described himself as the “de facto musical director.”

He went on to say Arcade Fire has turned into a “day job” for him but that “there are loads of other musical things that I’m involved in that are part of the tapestry of my artistic life.”

http://exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=138&csid2=844&fid1=42394