✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

London Blasts

Jack

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet there`s gonna be more than 20 dead unfortunately. have you seen the state the bus was in? and between 9 and 10 am both the buses and tube are PACKED with people. you can hardly breathe, esp in the tube.

i took the piccadilly line twice yesterday.

today i saw empty buses and people in front of closed tube station (brixton station) asking the tube people for information. it`s funny how london was so happy yesterday after we won the bid and today i see people walkin on the streets with their heads down.

my flatmate had to walk from kilburn park to brixton. it took him 3 hours.

THANKS DARYL FOR TEXTIN ME!! I`M ALRIGHT.

Ahh I was wondering about you, I'm glad you're okay :)

cheers mate :D

Well people, think about this: Almost a year ago there were some terrorist attacks in Cairo, Egypt with about 40 deaths- Bet most of you never knew about it, died more people than in London and still find a bit funny how the whole world feel sorry about London and they didn't feel sorry for Cairo, almost nobody in the world.

Damn politics :dozey:

btw' date=' more than 40 people died in the london attack, with over 700 wounded..[/quote']

Well that's not the point... let's see Dennis hurricane, it has killed like 50 people so far in the Caribbean and has destroyed the home of many, many, many people, and well people just seem to care about the fact is arriving to Florida...

Terrorists and terrorists alone are responsible for their actions.

The government should understand that we as British citizens expect and deserve OUR civil rights and liberties to be paramount. But you only ever hear those words used to defend criminals - terror suspects.

These groups that claim that a handful of terrorists and suspects and basically any criminals rights are more important than the rights of 40 plus million people not to be blown up in their own country are a disgrace.

All extremists should be kicked out or locked up in Belmarsh right now. The rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few. We know who these people are.

A bit extreme but I agree with you on this. On the other hand...

BTW Anyone who thinks the Iraq war etc justifies these attacks are a guilty as terrorists.

NOTHING can justify blowing up children - women - men. The problems in Iraq since May 2004 are caused by terrorists - Iraqi and foreign who are killing Iraqis and coallition troops. If they had any sense they'd have waited 6 months for us to leave then we could leave them all to their own civil war. Just as Saddam could have avoided this all by letting inspectors back in - keeping his empire - a fact which sadly gets overlooked.

I know you're angry right now but I ask you to have a little empathy and to pay attention to some facts...

1) Blowing up innocents is unjustifiable, but how would you feel if your own country and its people were the ones victimised first (e.g. the middle-eastern peoples)? I'm pretty sure you'd want to blow up those you perceive as having killed the people you love... To the terrorists, we're just as bad as they are.

2) You're kidding yourself if you think the troops are going to leave in 6 months... Maybe the troops from UK, but not from US- they will have to stay and sort up the mess, leaving would be plain irresponsible since they started it. And 6 months is a long time for more Iraqis to wind up dead... I'm sorry to put it this way, but definitely more Iraqis will die in 6 months than those killed in the London blasts

3) Btw, the civil war you're referring to was started by the US (with the help of UK) with the coming of the Iraq War and Bush's WMD... Granted that this war may help democracy there and that a civil war might have happened on its own anyway, the fact still is that this disorder was started by "outsiders"... Imagine your reaction if some country came in and decided to liberate your country of all the "indecently-dressed" people by setting up new laws and enforcing them?

Hopefully soon the UK & US will get their oil from another source and cut all ties and trade with the middle east. While we double our efforts to help the decent people in Africa who WANT our help and don't allow extremists and twisted people to rule their daily lives.

FACT: Most oil sources come from this area... Unless you develop new energy sources, we'll all have to rely on the middle east for oil and live with their messy political/social situation until the oil dries up and we all die together of an energy crisis.

International Terrorism is almost exclusive to the middle east now. We know who these people are yet we don't kill them (terrorists I mean). We even give asylum to terror suspects from abroad! and yet we expect they won't use our Universities to learn how to kill us.

Take all the extremists who gather outside Mosques and are allowed to chant against us and we even have police officers there to guard THEM against any of US who might object. That says it all. To afraid to crack down because a few people will say "oh you're being racist, you can't do that it might upset some people".

The decent people among the islamic community in England also need to stand up and root out extremists.

Agreed but how to go about this without infringing on "individual freedom and rights"? Asian countries get criticised for having controlled democracy e.g. China and other countries with laws to "protect social harmony".

How to distinguish lawful protesters just exercising their democratic rights from terrorists? The fact is, you can't have it both ways- full-on democracy with protected civilians unless other things that go with civilised society are existent e.g. no poverty, no oppression etc.

The same thing with giving asylum and freedom to lead a safe/peaceful life along with privacy rights. With both of these existing, it's very difficult to stop terrorists taking advantage to enter a country and plan bombings. The only viable way to uphold these two principles and protect your own citizens is if terrorists cease to exist/are wiped out altogether.

Cant belive what the US have said to their millairity persons in the uK' date=' I would say more, however if I did the secert services would be looking for me ![/quote']

please feel free to share.... tell me what evil America has done now... :rolleyes: