✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Last Album that you bought/acquired?

*Justine*

I'm going to attempt to do the charity shop run in Salisbury, there must be more than 2 charity shops in the city center, so I'm going to have a good couple hours searching high and low for them.

My Mission was a success after finding "charity street", where you had 5 charity shops mixed together with other shops, along the road. Although I didn't buy much, as the choice wasn't great

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever find Radiohead singles?

A local music store that I work at during the summer orders stuff like that in for people all time time. In fact, I remember a guy ordering every Radiohead, Coldplay and Oasis single known to man. He must have spent $300 bucks on them, too. Said he wanted all the b-sides.

Sometimes if I'm lucky

It just depends on what people donate to the shops, I'm planning to do another charity-shop run this coming Thursday, as I have a 2 day working week this-week :cool:, so maybe I will be lucky.

A local music store that I work at during the summer orders stuff like that in for people all time time. In fact, I remember a guy ordering every Radiohead, Coldplay and Oasis single known to man. He must have spent $300 bucks on them, too. Said he wanted all the b-sides.

How much are they to order in? (I see you're in Canada, so just wondering how much you can order them in for from the store you work at)

How much are they to order in? (I see you're in Canada, so just wondering how much you can order them in for from the store you work at)

Well, a general single would range from $5-$15. My shop in particular sells the older Radiohead singles for $12, and the newer ones for $9-$10, Canadian dollars, of course. It's rare that we get people ordering in singles.

When singles are £2, and your just getting 2 songs, of which 1 is an album track, it gets a bit stupid when you can buy that b-side for 70p from play digital in 320 kbps mp3.

It's when bands decide not to put vinyl b-sides online :(

That's incredibly cheap for a single. Our shop is the cheapest around for singles and the cheapest ones are $5+.

It was actually funny, when they re-did the Virgin Megastore (now Zavvi) in Salisbury with new shelving, they didn't put in a section for singles "because it's all online now". There was some demand and they put in a singles section, okay it's small but it contains singles which ain't on sale in Woolies (who have their own singles chart)

• 2 weeks later...

The post-man loves me at the moment, every day last week I had a parcel delivered with job-lot cds from various musical magazines.

£5 for 25 cds, including postage which came to £3,50 is a rather good deal me thinks, should set me up nicely for money saving April.

Beck - Guero

Athlete - Tourist

Simian - We Are Your Friends

Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack

Elbow - Asleep in the back

R.E.M. - Accelerate

Stars - Heart

Interpol - Turn On the Bright Lights

Neil Young - Live from Massey Hall 1971

And it all cost me $40. Not bad me thinks.

I have just bought these cd's yesterday

Keane - Under the iron sea

U2 - 18 Singles

Toto - Fallin in between

Snow Patrol - Eyes open

Muse - H.A.A.R.P.

Nephew - 0.7 0.7 0.7 live'

They are all cool!!!!

Everytime I'm in a charity shop or at the car boot sale I look for these sort of old singles. Best i found so far was a bunch of older Stereophonics stuff.

But one day I'll find the complete radiohead back catalogue of singles in a charity shop for a fiver. Ever the optimist!