✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay blow their chance at No.1 already this week.

X&Y????

Here are the midweeks, they`ve got absolutley no chance of beating the Pussycat Dolls which has already sold 20k.

Shame really, the best song on the album, and they are still behind Gorillaz which has been out a week already.

These midweeks are from a guy over at the Masterplan forum, who is never wrong about these things (apparently works for the people that puts them together or summat)

Midweeks:-

1 Pussycat Dolls (Over 20k already) *new*

2 Gorillaz (nearly 6k)

3 Coldplay *new*

4 Mylo *new*

8 oasis TIOBI

14 glc *new*

17 Ian Brown *new*

19 Arcade Fire *new*

20 Faithless *new*

21 Foo Fighters *new*

22 Kelly C

26 Girls Aloud

27 Transplants *new*

29 Supafly *new*

34 M Carey

36 Rasmus *new*

38 Simple Minds *new*

44 Reuben *new*

albums

1 Rolling Stones (12.7k) *new*

2 James Blunt (11.5)

9 Kelly C

12 Oasis DBTT

17 Bob Dylan *new*

I`ll tell you why.

The reason the album sold so well is because it was bought by the kind of people who only buy a few CD`s a year, you know, the ones who buy what`s currently "hip", the same crew that bought "Be Here Now" in 97 to make it sell 7 million copies.

Now these people have already got the album, why in the blue hell would they buy the single, they aren`t real fans, so they don`t care about Coldplay getting that No.1 single, they just care about not missing out, and the single offers nothing new to them, thus, only real fans buy, unfortunatly, that`s not enough.

I think Coldplay are a better band for not having a number one, ever.

It's really the only thing stopping them from being the biggest band in the UK. Everything else adds up, figures wise. Album sales, rocketing, sold out live shows. If they achieved chart success too it'd take some shine off the apple, if you'll pardon the pun.

It's really the only thing stopping them from being the biggest band in the UK. Everything else adds up, figures wise. Album sales, rocketing, sold out live shows. If they achieved chart success too it'd take some shine off the apple, if you'll pardon the pun.

They certainly are no where near the biggest band in the UK in terms of sold out shows, no where near, in fact, Oasis and U2 both put their tours to shame, sorry to burst your bubble pal but it`s the truth.

I tottally agree with that comment!

And The Pussy Cat Dolls are awwwwfuulll....I cant stand that bloody song!!! :angry:

I think, although they say they don't care about charts, they were really aiming for Fix You to be top of the charts. Their maiden no1. I mean, they avoided releasing it along with Oasis, and they plugged it so much on TV and with adverts using the song.

But yeah, I've never heard of those other guys anyways. :S

Fear not, fellow fans of fantastic music.

Todays music charts are not an accurate measure of the 'best' music around. They're a way of discerning what is selling.

I will cite the horrid example of Speed Of Sound v Crazy Frog:

While Speed Of Sound is the better song, undoubtably, to anyone.. even fans of the Crazy Frog will admit after some careful torture that it's not really a song. Merely an overgrown ringtone. (love that phrase, will coin it)

So the battle is already unfair, since SoS is going up against a completely different kind of form of .. noise. It's like comparing toast and roast beef.

I've lost faith in the British single buying public anyway. They simply do not care about good music anymore. It's all down to gimmicks. If Coldplay released Nappies they'd probably get it to number one, purely because it's silly. And silly is apparently what British folk want from their music.

Idiots.

I get my singles at Newbury Comics.

When SoS came out they had the Blue Room. I was a dipshit and got the SOS single instead.

I will never. Ever. Ever. live that down. It was gone by the time I went back, like a week later when I had more money. Jaysus....

Anyways, if any Americans on here want the single, try Newbury Comics. They sell a lot of old singles really cheap in the used areas, as well. Just a heads up...