✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"I just bought..." -- post your recent purchase!

alyssa

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
[ATTACH=full]6875[/ATTACH]

Not really a 'purchase' but I stole a bright balloon from the Singapore show last night :) :)

It's basically hanging around in my room now. I'll let it deflate naturally... hahahaha!!

Haha ! Shreya in India got a YELLOW one from the Global Citizen concert.

Oh really ?

I'd need the opposite, I'd need a hair curler. I'm always a tiny little bit envious of those girls who are blessed with curly hair :p

Well, my hair is neither curly nor straight. I like curly hair and I wonder how girls and even boys managed to have their hair so beautiful. I prefer straight hair though, it looks so beautiful and I envy those girls who are blessed with beautiful straight hair.:p

Well, my hair is neither curly nor straight. I like curly hair and I wonder how girls and even boys managed to have their hair so beautiful. I prefer straight hair though, it looks so beautiful and I envy those girls who are blessed with beautiful straight hair.:p

My hair is very thin and straight, which makes for the problem that it's hard to give it volume. It just tends to "fall straight down" and then it looks awful. :(

So straight hear with volume is great, but if it doesn't have the volume it doesn't look good. Curls on the other hand naturally have volume :p

• Like 1

I bought a hair straightener:blush:

I wouldn't know what to do without mine. [emoji16]

My hair has a tendency to curl (especially when it is cut in layers and I dry it without a brush).

My hair is very thin and straight, which makes for the problem that it's hard to give it volume. It just tends to "fall straight down" and then it looks awful. :(

So straight hear with volume is great, but if it doesn't have the volume it doesn't look good. Curls on the other hand naturally have volume :p

Agree, in my case straight hair looks much better. But if you really love curly hair buy a hair curler and try different styles :)

And let us know if you buy it:p

I wouldn't know what to do without mine. [emoji16]

My hair has a tendency to curl (especially when it is cut in layers and I dry it without a brush).

Mine too but not in a good way :confused:

But if you really love curly hair buy a hair curler and try different styles :)

And let us know if you buy it:p

I have got a warm air brush, which has a similar function and can also make curls. I tried it several years ago but I think I didn't do it properly, it looked odd. I need to give it another try at some point :P

I wouldn't know what to do without mine. emoji16.png

Like Chris :P

So do you (and @alisbe) have long or short hair) ? I try to keep mine not longer than shoulder-length, although I love long hair it's just not possible with mine (no volume at all :scream:)

• Like 1

Like Chris[emoji14]So do you (and @alisbe) have long or short hair) ? I try to keep mine not longer than shoulder-length, although I love long hair it's just not possible with mine (no volume at all :scream:)

Chris has nicer curls. [emoji4]

I have an asymmetric bob.

So one side short and the other side at chin length (which is a bit too long).

• Like 1

for some reason i find this hair talk very interesting :P

my hair is also - well, not curly, per se, more like wavy. and very frizzy. i get it from my dad. he said that when he was growing up women would tell him what nice hair he has and they wish they had that kind of hair, and he would tell me that he wishes he could bring me to them and let them know what it's actually like :P

i used to not like it when i was growing up. i mean, it was more manageable before i hit puberty, then it just went POOF! but i've come to appreciate my hair for what it is in the past few years. not like i can do much with it anyway :P

• Like 1

@I ran away and I have the same exact type of hair! Mine gets just past my shoulders and it has to have some good, long layers built in to the sides. But layers in the back just look like its hacked up with a machete! It is always a battle of a fine balance of layers and length. Very boring, becuase it only looks good one way. I likevariety and spontaneity, which always leads to bad results and back to the same, old style!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Lucky find in one of my local resale shops last night:

19402097_10100537165477909_2338972622074113218_o_zpsap6v9ae6.jpg

Unnecessary details: Yesterday was my last day at my job after I decided to leave it because I really couldn't do it physically anymore, in addition to knowing I didn't really have a future there anyway. I didn't like the job but it was a very difficult thing for me to do to leave. It's not easy to leave a routine and the people you work with every day and admit failure. I don't have anything else lined up and feel pretty hopeless, to be honest. After my shift ended I went to the resale store to browse and just get my mind off things. I was looking at an expensive David Gilmour box set and lamenting that I couldn't justify buying it, and all of a sudden this white box caught the corner of my eye. Can't tell you how many times I've looked at these online and talked myself out of it, especially since I've heard they aren't good pressings, but when I saw it last night on the shelf it was clearly meant to be. It's basically a box of my 20s and the music that taught me how to live through whatever felt unlivable. So, just kind of a cool happenstance when I needed something positive. It was only $40.

• Like 8

Unnecessary details: Yesterday was my last day at my job after I decided to leave it because I really couldn't do it physically anymore, in addition to knowing I didn't really have a future there anyway. I didn't like the job but it was a very difficult thing for me to do to leave. It's not easy to leave a routine and the people you work with every day and admit failure. I don't have anything else lined up and feel pretty hopeless, to be honest. After my shift ended I went to the resale store to browse and just get my mind off things. I was looking at an expensive David Gilmour box set and lamenting that I couldn't justify buying it, and all of a sudden this white box caught the corner of my eye. Can't tell you how many times I've looked at these online and talked myself out of it, especially since I've heard they aren't good pressings, but when I saw it last night on the shelf it was clearly meant to be. It's basically a box of my 20s and the music that taught me how to live through whatever felt unlivable. So, just kind of a cool happenstance when I needed something positive. It was only $40.

Wonderful ! :) And you got them at a really good price too.

About the job, don't let it break your heart. I'm sure you will eventually find your way and a job that is meant for you and suits you quite well.

I lost a job a few months ago, in my case I was ousted by my weird boss for no good reason. Every departure is a new beginning, in a way, and this happening gave me a different outlook on life and made me rethink what I really want and need, so that after the initial shock I have come to embrace it as something positive. The sun must set to rise :)

• Like 4

Somehow Coldplay likes to turn up every time when we need them most, and if only in shape of some vinyls... This is an amazing find! I'm glad you stumbled over them and I hope the music can help you once again to find some hope and inspiration. Crossing my fingers for you to find a nice job you can enjoy doing very soon! :)

• Like 4

I am proud that you had the courage to leave and see that there was no future for you there. I believe that you'll definitely find something out there that's better, at least whatever happens now will hopefully be more interesting than just staying at that same job and not really enjoying it at all. Great find with the music though, I need to try and find myself the same set, would be so sick to own.

• Like 3