✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

Gwyneth Paltrow Trades Rainy London For Another Stay in Sunny LA

Gwyneth Paltrow flashed a smile yesterday when she arrived at LAX. The actress is back on the West Coast after logging time in LA just last month.

UGH. My husband was right.

We attended Wednesday night's concert at The Bowl, seated two rows from the stage. After the concert on the walk back to our hotel, my husband said, quite emphatically, that during the encore performance on the main stage he saw Gwyneth in the stage wings to our right. He said that at first he didn't recognize her because she wore no makeup and looked older than he expected. Then, he said that she noticed him looking (he was in the front row at this point, right of center) and gave him a little smile (probably in response to *his* humongous smile - or maybe in part because he resembles Chris. Strangers have said "You look like that singer from Coldplay!").

Anyway, main point is that I had read previous that she was in London with the kids and told him I thought as much, without trying to squash the joy of his experience (she's his main celebrity crush), but he insisted it was her. So I said that if he thought it was her then it probably was (though secretly thinking the excitement from the concert had gone to his head and he was "looking" for some inspiration in the form of someone who resembled GP.)

Guess I was wrong. :O

Makes me wonder if she didn't show up to the venue until the encore ... which would explain his GWYNETHPALTROW burst at the intro of clocks (which I couldn't properly hear at the time.)

Snaps to my husband then. :) I no longer think he was indulging an overactive imagination.

He and I both left quite satisfied since at concerts' end he had the GP sighting and acknowledgement and I had brief, direct Chris eye contact with a thumbs up and tiny wave from him in response to my thumbs up/wave. It was pretty surreal. I am sure I'll never have another concert experience like this one again - with these amazing seats and the amazing communication that was going on. Pretty great show. We're still processing it.

Kelly

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me wonder if she didn't show up to the venue until the encore ... which would explain his GWYNETHPALTROW burst at the intro of clocks (which I couldn't properly hear at the time.)

I like the way your mind works.:sneaky: I'm also happy for your hubby.

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/tv-party-5891898?

TV PARTY: Diane von Furstenberg will team with Gwyneth Paltrow on Sunday night to fete Amanda de Cadenet’s recently launched Lifetime talk show “The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet.” Paltrow and the designer, who both appear as guests on the show, will hold a small dinner at the designer’s 14th Street studio in New York for the photographer-turned-late-night host. Guests are expected to include Diane Kruger, Lea Michele, Amber Valletta, Malin Akerman and Prabal Gurung.

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/tv-party-5891898?

TV PARTY: Diane von Furstenberg will team with Gwyneth Paltrow on Sunday night to fete Amanda de Cadenet’s recently launched Lifetime talk show “The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet.” Paltrow and the designer, who both appear as guests on the show, will hold a small dinner at the designer’s 14th Street studio in New York for the photographer-turned-late-night host. Guests are expected to include Diane Kruger, Lea Michele, Amber Valletta, Malin Akerman and Prabal Gurung.

Geez! A very brief stay on the west coast and off to NY City she goes. I wonder if Chris will tag along.

via twitter.com/jordansjourney - Chris & Gwyneth visiting Children's Hospital Los Angeles yesterday:

10oloap.jpg

"So cool! Yesterday I sang "Forget You" with Chris Martin from @coldplay and Gwyneth Paltrow @childrensla."

That is sooooooo awesome!! I'm a puddle of goo over them spreading good will and a little happiness. And to see a pic of them together - man, what a bit of a change we're seeing lately. Fantastic. :)

This! :dance: :thumbsup: :crown: :sunny:

Does anyone know what happened at the HOllywood bowl last night? Apparently chris kissed her when he passed her box, told her he loved her and dedicated yellow to her!

OHMYGOD Chris & Gwyneth on the same pic! :awesome:

But, most importantly, this is AMAZING! They are such amazing people! :D

This. :heart:

She reminds of that girl from the movie "Shallow Hall" ;););)

^ I think it's the paps that annoy him.

This. And I don't blame him one bit for feeling that way about them.

Also...the story about Chris going into the crowd to kiss Gwyneth and all that good stuff at the recent show?

:heart: x infinity.