• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

505_late_640.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow's Forgotten Pilot

By JARETT WIESELMAN

March 08, 2013

Every actor has at least one or two failed pilots on the earlier part of their resume, and on last night's episode of The Late Late Show, host Craig Ferguson reminisced with guest Zach Braff about their shared sacked series.

VIDEO - Gwyneth Gets Heroic in New Iron Man 3 Trailer

"25 years ago, Zach and I made a pilot for CBS," Craig said on last night's episode before breaking out a cast photo from High, their unaired 1989 pilot.

"It gets better," Braff continued, "look at the gorgeous woman next to him," he said of 17-year-old Gwyneth Paltrow, who, like Zach, was making her acting debut.

Then, Craig unearthed a clip from High, which reveals exactly why CBS didn't take the pilot to series. WATCH!

http://www.etonline.com/tv/131486_Zach_Braff_Talks_Craig_Ferguson_Gwyneth_Paltrow_Pilot_on_Late_Late_Show/

Wait wait wait

Zach Braff on Craig Ferguson's show ? Oh I gotta watch that episode :awesome::awesome::awesome:

edit: Hey watch this! Starting 28:30 they talk about Coldplay and Chris and it's funny :awesome:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImMQ8LUjZFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImMQ8LUjZFE[/ame]

(The first mention of Gwyneth is towards 22:00)

Gwyneth Paltrow's stroke scare: I thought I was going to die

GWYNETH Paltrow admits she thought she 'was going to die' during a terrifying health scare at her London home in 2011.

The Hollywood actress was having lunch with friends in her garden when she was hit by searing head pains - and Gwyneth thought she was having a stroke.

Doctors later found Gwyneth had suffered a migraine and a panic attack, and she was subsequently told she was "severely anaemic" and "vitamin D deficient".

The beauty was ordered to change her diet and has written a new cook book, modelled by her new eating regime, called It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great.

The Iron Man star writes: "One sunny afternoon in London, in the spring of 2011, I thought - without sounding overly dramatic - that I was going to die.

"I had just served lunch in the garden at home... I had a vague feeling that I was going to faint, and I wasn't forming thoughts correctly...

"I got a searing pain in my head, I couldn't speak, and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. I thought I was having a stroke."

Gwyneth, the wife of Coldplay star Chris Martin, cut out coffee, eggs, sugar, shellfish, potatoes, wheat and meat.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4837774/gwyneth-paltrow-i-thought-i-was-going-to-die.html#ixzz2NL1FRG5Y

'We're left with that specific hunger': Gwyneth Paltrow reveals she starves her children of carbohydrates

By Daniel Bates

PUBLISHED: 12:20 EST, 12 March 2013 | UPDATED: 12:22 EST, 12 March 2013

Comments (0)

She has tried the macrobiotic diet, the kale and lemon cleanse and only eating salad for days on end.

But now Gwyneth Paltrow has admitted that she has begun inflicting her obsessions with food on her own children - by starving them of carbohydrates.

Miss Paltrow, 40, said that that she avoids feeding pasta, bread or rice to Apple, eight, and Moses, six, because it is bad for them, even though they are left ‘craving’ the food.

Her decision was based on the fact that everyone in her house - including husband Chris Martin - is supposedly intolerant of gluten, dairy and chicken’s eggs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2292243/Gwyneth-Paltrow-reveals-starves-children-carbohydrates.html#ixzz2NLsVxqXo

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

you have to admit at a certain point that she comes off ridiculous.. come on! don't feed the fire.. with statements like these, no wonder she has a difficult time with the press.

Was this before or after her last cookbook? Because there are several recipes for pasta in the book, and she has this cute little story about Moses cracking eggs really well.

It seems Gwyneth goes a little nuts with her diets.

Isn't this newspaper often called "The Daily Fail?":thinking: I thought this paper was like our "Star" rag mag paper?? So who knows what's correct, unless she JUST changed it up now?? The original article was back in 2011, and she has since then been out eating stuff, had a beautiful BD cake and lots of food according to her, goes to Starbucks, let's her kids have a once a week splurge with chips and soda.... I don't ever know who to believe anymore:lol:

she could open a foodbank with all of the stuff she doesn't eat.

We really won't know what she's actually said until the book comes out. These gossip rags print things out of context.

PS. I know that Novak Djokovic has become almost unbeatable in tennis since he went gluten free, so I'm impressed Chris is on the same diet. No wonder he has all that energy.

I actually have 2 friends who have serious gluten allergies. Planning a meal for them is always a riot.

Why Gwyneth Paltrow's no-carb diet for children makes perfect sense

Gwyneth Paltrow has been castigated for saying she avoids feeding her children carbohydrates, but she's right: we don't need to eat starchy carbs at all, says Joanna Blythman

Gwyneth-Paltrow-on-Good-M-001.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow has provoked the wrath of the dietetic establishment by saying that she avoids feeding her children bread, rice and pasta, because she believes that these carbohydrate foods aren't good for them. Paltrow was writing in her new low-carb, gluten-free cookbook, It's All Good, which is out in April, and whose recipes are said by her publisher to "form the basis of the diet Gwyneth goes back to when she's been overindulging, when she needs to rebuild, or lose weight."

What to Eat: Food that's good for your health, pocket and plate

by Joanna Blythman

Buy it from the Guardian bookshop

Search the Guardian bookshop

Tell us what you think: Star-rate and review this book

Dieticians who subscribe uncritically to government nutritional guidelines have been wheeled out to testify to how 'vital' carbohydrate is in the diet, and warn in the bleakest terms of the dangers of restricting it. Paltrow is putting her children, aged eight and six, "at risk of nutrient deficiencies", warns one. Her children "won't be able to think straight as their brain won't be functioning", says another. In the same Daily Mail piece, it is even observed that Paltrow's children are thin – shock horror! – as if this was automatically cause for concern. So accustomed are we to the sight of overweight children, thin ones are beginning to look unusual.

Casting Paltrow in the role of the neurotic celeb, selfishly inflicting her own faddy and dangerous eating habits on her poor starved offspring, has undeniable appeal, especially for those of us who aren't rich or pretty and who struggle daily with our own excess weight. The New York Post says: "The book reads like the manifesto to some sort of creepy healthy-girl sorority." But Paltrow has a point: no one, not even a child, actually "needs" to eat carbs.

Now, this may sound counterintuitive. That familiar notion of "[basing] your meals on starchy foods" is currently a central plank of public health advice. But this orthodoxy is under attack from influential researchers and nutritionists. The fact of the matter is that there are no nutrients (vitamins, minerals, micronutrients) in starchy carbohydrate foods that we can't get elsewhere, and often in a superior form.

Of course, the processed food industry works ceaselessly to convince us that we must eat highly refined starchy foods, such as breakfast cereals and white bread, trumpeting that they give us energy. But all food gives us energy. Contrary to what we have been led to believe, there is no dietary "need" to eat starchy carbohydrates at all.

Now if Paltrow was to starve her children of protein, then social workers could quite legitimately come knocking at her door. We are made of protein. Our bodies require it to build and repair muscles and tissue. But we have no absolute requirement for carbohydrate.

It is only in recent times that starchy foods have been presented as health foods. For much longer, they have been seen as fattening foods. Why do farmers feed their livestock on grains? To plump them up for market.

For half a century we have been told to avoid saturated fat, even though there is no good evidence that fat is inherently fattening. By diligently avoiding it, we have ended up replacing whole, unprocessed foods, such as red meat and butter, with starchy carbs of the highly refined and processed sort, often containing added sugar. Net result? We're getting fatter.

The problem with sugar, and starchy refined carbs, is that the surge of energy they give you is shortlived. Like newspaper ignited with a match, refined carbs burn up quickly, producing a sharp spike in blood sugar level that encourages our bodies to produce insulin, the fat storage hormone, so encouraging weight gain. Unlike protein and fat, which give a longer, slower, steadier release of energy, when our blood sugar level crashes after eating carbs, our appetite is unsatisfied and we crave more food.

This is probably what Paltrow means when she writes in her book: "Sometimes when my family is not eating pasta, bread or processed grains … we're left with that specific hunger that comes with avoiding carbs".

Fruit and vegetables are, of course, carbohydrates, and do contain natural sugar. However, they also contain micronutrients, notably fibre, that slow down the rate at which sugar is released in the blood. The same applies to whole, unrefined carbohydrates, such as brown rice. What's more, the general effort required to chew fruit, vegetables and whole grains puts a natural brake on how much we can eat. But it's easy to overeat refined carbs, the kind Paltrow avoids.

If the daily diet in the Paltrow household includes protein (fish/meat/eggs/pulses), unprocessed fats (butter/olive oil), plenty of vegetables and some fruit, then it is healthy, nutrient-rich and lacking in nothing. If that's what the Paltrow kids eat, she's doing them a favour.

Yes, children do have slightly different nutritional requirements from adults: they need more fat and protein. But filling their plates with empty calories in the form of white pasta, bread and rice is no nutritional kindness.

• Joanna Blythman is the author of What To Eat (Fourth Estate, £9.9

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2013/mar/13/gwyneth-paltrow-no-carb-diet-perfect-sense

I find this silly... if the family really is intolerant of gluten then avoiding bread and pasta etc is a good thing. I've heard many things happen when people have been eating it without realising they are allergic... weight gain, headaches, lethargy, skin conditions etc. They find great improvement by cutting it from their diet.

Sigh. The press. They drive me crazy. The headlines, "Gwyneth's hungry children" and "Gwyneth starves her children," plus more, are really prickling my nerves. I know that they twist anything they can; I know it's going to happen any time she opens her mouth, but it STILL irritates me.

Gwyneth Paltrow, actress-turned-lifestyle guru, has become the target of media criticism for a new gluten-free, sugar-free cookbook, It’s All Good.

The book’s description begins with Paltrow recounting a time when she felt light-headed and feared she was “having a stroke,” according to Business Insider. The episode, which the New York Post suspected was just a migraine and panic attack, led the actress to start an “elimination diet” at the recommendation of her doctor.

Paltrow cut out coffee, alcohol, dairy, eggs, sugar, shellfish, deep-water fish, wheat, meat, soy and processed foods. However, the actress was concerned that mealtime would be boring because of so many restrictions, and as a result, together with food writer Julia Turshen, she compiled a collection of 185 recipes that followed her doctor’s guidelines.

Not everyone has been impressed so far, particularly the New York Post, which described Paltrow’s cookbook as reading “like the manifesto to some sort of creepy healthy-girl sorority with members who use beet juice rather than permanent marker to circle the ‘problem areas’ on each other’s bodies.”

“It’s All Good seems to take laughable Hollywood neuroticism about eating to the next level,” the Atlantic Wire noted.

Paltrow, an Academy Award-winning actress, has gotten a lot of flak in recent years for her roles away from the big screen as a foodie and lifestyle guru. She took a culinary tour of Spain with Mario Batali — where she declined to eat the ham for which the country is famous, according to the New York Post. She also launched a high-end lifestyle website, Goop, which earned sarcasm over its recommended cleanses and $750 sneakers.

However, Paltrow’s last cookbook, My Father’s Daughter, “wasn’t totally lambasted by the press,” according to the Atlantic Wire. And NPR said: “Gwyneth Paltrow may be an unlikely domestic goddess, but her cookbook mostly delivers on the promise of its subtitle: delicious, easy recipes celebrating family and togetherness.” Business Insider pointed out that it was “a critical and commercial success.” And as one Guardian food writer noted, maybe the haters are just gonna hate: “Casting Paltrow in the role of the neurotic celeb, selfishly inflicting her own faddy and dangerous eating habits on her poor starved offspring, has undeniable appeal,” Joanna Blythman wrote in defense of the dietary restrictions in It’s All Good. ”But Paltrow has a point.”

Maybe it’s just time to decide for yourself. If you’re looking to get your hands on Paltrow’s latest project – and finding out more about the low-carb, gluten-free diet she’s put her two kids on – you’ll have to wait until the book’s April 2 release date.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/14/why-dont-people-like-gwyneth-paltrows-new-cookbook/#ixzz2NWLjKrI0

Guest LiquidSky
here you can find rest of the photos :nice:http://www.justjared.com/2008/04/22/gwyneth-paltrow-iron-woman/

ahh she looks so gooood :wacky:

and this photo is just so cute :heart:

tumblr_m6hep9m3xP1qzelujo2_500.png

Adorable :nice:

Is it me or there's a bit too much Photoshop going on ? I think she's barely recognisable

I thought it was kirsten dunst at first..

Gwyneth Paltrow has been castigated for saying she avoids feeding her children carbohydrates, but she's right: we don't need to eat starchy carbs at all, says Joanna Blythman

Gwyneth-Paltrow-on-Good-M-001.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow has provoked the wrath of the dietetic establishment by saying that she avoids feeding her children bread, rice and pasta, because she believes that these carbohydrate foods aren't good for them. Paltrow was writing in her new low-carb, gluten-free cookbook, It's All Good, which is out in April, and whose recipes are said by her publisher to "form the basis of the diet Gwyneth goes back to when she's been overindulging, when she needs to rebuild, or lose weight."

What to Eat: Food that's good for your health, pocket and plate

by Joanna Blythman

Buy it from the Guardian bookshop

Search the Guardian bookshop

Tell us what you think: Star-rate and review this book

Dieticians who subscribe uncritically to government nutritional guidelines have been wheeled out to testify to how 'vital' carbohydrate is in the diet, and warn in the bleakest terms of the dangers of restricting it. Paltrow is putting her children, aged eight and six, "at risk of nutrient deficiencies", warns one. Her children "won't be able to think straight as their brain won't be functioning", says another. In the same Daily Mail piece, it is even observed that Paltrow's children are thin – shock horror! – as if this was automatically cause for concern. So accustomed are we to the sight of overweight children, thin ones are beginning to look unusual.

Casting Paltrow in the role of the neurotic celeb, selfishly inflicting her own faddy and dangerous eating habits on her poor starved offspring, has undeniable appeal, especially for those of us who aren't rich or pretty and who struggle daily with our own excess weight. The New York Post says: "The book reads like the manifesto to some sort of creepy healthy-girl sorority." But Paltrow has a point: no one, not even a child, actually "needs" to eat carbs.

Now, this may sound counterintuitive. That familiar notion of "[basing] your meals on starchy foods" is currently a central plank of public health advice. But this orthodoxy is under attack from influential researchers and nutritionists. The fact of the matter is that there are no nutrients (vitamins, minerals, micronutrients) in starchy carbohydrate foods that we can't get elsewhere, and often in a superior form.

Of course, the processed food industry works ceaselessly to convince us that we must eat highly refined starchy foods, such as breakfast cereals and white bread, trumpeting that they give us energy. But all food gives us energy. Contrary to what we have been led to believe, there is no dietary "need" to eat starchy carbohydrates at all.

Now if Paltrow was to starve her children of protein, then social workers could quite legitimately come knocking at her door. We are made of protein. Our bodies require it to build and repair muscles and tissue. But we have no absolute requirement for carbohydrate.

It is only in recent times that starchy foods have been presented as health foods. For much longer, they have been seen as fattening foods. Why do farmers feed their livestock on grains? To plump them up for market.

For half a century we have been told to avoid saturated fat, even though there is no good evidence that fat is inherently fattening. By diligently avoiding it, we have ended up replacing whole, unprocessed foods, such as red meat and butter, with starchy carbs of the highly refined and processed sort, often containing added sugar. Net result? We're getting fatter.

The problem with sugar, and starchy refined carbs, is that the surge of energy they give you is shortlived. Like newspaper ignited with a match, refined carbs burn up quickly, producing a sharp spike in blood sugar level that encourages our bodies to produce insulin, the fat storage hormone, so encouraging weight gain. Unlike protein and fat, which give a longer, slower, steadier release of energy, when our blood sugar level crashes after eating carbs, our appetite is unsatisfied and we crave more food.

This is probably what Paltrow means when she writes in her book: "Sometimes when my family is not eating pasta, bread or processed grains … we're left with that specific hunger that comes with avoiding carbs".

Fruit and vegetables are, of course, carbohydrates, and do contain natural sugar. However, they also contain micronutrients, notably fibre, that slow down the rate at which sugar is released in the blood. The same applies to whole, unrefined carbohydrates, such as brown rice. What's more, the general effort required to chew fruit, vegetables and whole grains puts a natural brake on how much we can eat. But it's easy to overeat refined carbs, the kind Paltrow avoids.

If the daily diet in the Paltrow household includes protein (fish/meat/eggs/pulses), unprocessed fats (butter/olive oil), plenty of vegetables and some fruit, then it is healthy, nutrient-rich and lacking in nothing. If that's what the Paltrow kids eat, she's doing them a favour.

Yes, children do have slightly different nutritional requirements from adults: they need more fat and protein. But filling their plates with empty calories in the form of white pasta, bread and rice is no nutritional kindness.

• Joanna Blythman is the author of What To Eat (Fourth Estate, £9.9

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2013/mar/13/gwyneth-paltrow-no-carb-diet-perfect-sense

I've been eating wrong..

Sigh. The press. They drive me crazy. The headlines, "Gwyneth's hungry children" and "Gwyneth starves her children," plus more, are really prickling my nerves. I know that they twist anything they can; I know it's going to happen any time she opens her mouth, but it STILL irritates me.

It's annoying as hell. They try to make her sound like a mean mom!!! :angry: The view..etc, making a big deal. Irritating is the right word!!

All the trash mags are incessantly hyping these up...why drag the kids in to it?

The other items that sold out included:

gucci1.jpg

$900

lara1.jpg

$525

rogervivier1.jpg

$2000!!!!

tods1.jpg

$960

stella1.jpg

$250

proenza1.jpg