Official Red Hot Chili Peppers thread

jewl*

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Finally found their thread :D

They're my favorite band ever. I used to like them since I was 13 (when calif. album released) and i saw them 5 times.. One time I was in 1st row (and it's pretty hard to get). After all, I hope I'll meet them some day...

I know that they're using some kind of pause in their creative perfomance. But I'm patience :D

*waiting for new tours, albums...*

• 1 month later...
come on guys.....let's save the time and admit it ... :rolleyes:

All of their songs sound the same!!!!

Most would dis agree with that, plus one of thier members will without a doubt be remembered as an all time great something in honesty I don't think any members of Coldplay will be able to achive.

RHCP were once very exciting and refreshing.

But now they're just plain boring.

I mean, they still release some good tunes every once in a while, but the majority is just.... dull.

I wouldn't say thier later work is dull as a whole but some of thier songs arn't as good as they should be, I have always been a huge fan of thier work and in particular John Frusciante who in my opinion is one of the greatest guitar players of recent times and who I think will be mentioned in years to come alongside the greats, I think it's a shame now though that I await thier new work as I did with Stadium Arcadium mostly for his guitar work rather than the band as a whole releasing an album.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been a fan of RHCP since MOFO Party Plan...Nothing compares to the energy they had on stage, just incredible.

I wondered how they would age since so much of their deal was the youthful vibe, but they managed to mature into a really interesting band - I never imagined that Kiedis' lyrics would be as introspective and personal as they are now.

IMHO, Blood Sugar Sex Magic was their magnum opus...

I've been a fan of RHCP since MOFO Party Plan...Nothing compares to the energy they had on stage, just incredible.

I wondered how they would age since so much of their deal was the youthful vibe, but they managed to mature into a really interesting band - I never imagined that Kiedis' lyrics would be as introspective and personal as they are now.

IMHO, Blood Sugar Sex Magic was their magnum opus...

I agree with you about BSSM although the first album I heard of thiers was Californication, some people have been a bit critical of Stadium Arcadium but I'm not one of them, mainly as I love Johns style the most and he really shines on SA.

I agree with you about BSSM although the first album I heard of thiers was Californication, some people have been a bit critical of Stadium Arcadium but I'm not one of them, mainly as I love Johns style the most and he really shines on SA.

BSSM is not my favorite album, but it represents a turning point where I first started listening to them (Rick Rubin on the scene). I love "Californication" and "By The Way". And I like Stadium Arcadium as well. Pretty damn good for a double disc.

BSSM was def a turning point. Actually, SA was the album that really got me to listen to them. BSSM is a favourite, so is BTW and SA. If I had to choose one favourite album it would have to be Live in Hyde Park :lol: A little bit of everything (except SA of course) and it's live!

has anybody got the new RHCP photobook. its called Me and My Friends and its by their official photographer who has been following them around on tour for the last 17years. its an amazing compilation capturing the band doing what they do best and that is play live on stage.

I have a feeling I'll find it under the tree :) If not, I'll order it. Amazing, huh?

pink floyd is kicking RHCP's ass damn!

48-52! We're sinking :cry:

I just figured out how to multi quote!

BSSM was def a turning point. Actually, SA was the album that really got me to listen to them. BSSM is a favourite, so is BTW and SA. If I had to choose one favourite album it would have to be Live in Hyde Park :lol: A little bit of everything (except SA of course) and it's live!

Live in Hyde Park is also great :D

• 3 months later...