✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

It is amazing how individual songs can take you back in time to a particular moment or phase of your life.

It happened to me three times today, two of them were Coldplay songs. The other one was a song by a small German band and it took me back to a rainy spring day when this band was performing live in front of the campus cafeteria, and I suddenly felt so homesick for my old life and routines that I had back home...

Paradise is also often a very sad song for me, it reminds me of autumn/winter 2011 when I started a phase in my life that did not turn out so well. When the days were short and it was dark early and I was sitting in that place with that project and I was still so full of hope, and it all became so bitter in the end. And Paradise was all over the radio, and I had never heard the name Coldplay before...

The third song that took me back in time me today was AROBTTH. I have different memories associated with that song and also very good ones, but this time it reminded me of the many times I used to listen to it on my way home from a bad workplace, when I was full of anger and hatred and it calmed me down so much. This time, too, is forever gone now, but at the touch of a single chord it all comes back to me.

(End of this brief insight into my Head full of burst dreams. I just felt I need to get this off my chest somehow...)

• Like 2

It is amazing how individual songs can take you back in time to a particular moment or phase of your life.

It happened to me three times today, two of them were Coldplay songs. The other one was a song by a small German band and it took me back to a rainy spring day when this band was performing live in front of the campus cafeteria, and I suddenly felt so homesick for my old life and routines that I had back home...

Paradise is also often a very sad song for me, it reminds me of autumn/winter 2011 when I started a phase in my life that did not turn out so well. When the days were short and it was dark early and I was sitting in that place with that project and I was still so full of hope, and it all became so bitter in the end. And Paradise was all over the radio, and I had never heard the name Coldplay before...

The third song that took me back in time me today was AROBTTH. I have different memories associated with that song and also very good ones, but this time it reminded me of the many times I used to listen to it on my way home from a bad workplace, when I was full of anger and hatred and it calmed me down so much. This time, too, is forever gone now, but at the touch of a single chord it all comes back to me.

(End of this brief insight into my Head full of burst dreams. I just felt I need to get this off my chest somehow...)

For me a song that really takes me back in time is Clocks. It just gives me this special feeling I can't describe and it reminds me so much of when I was a small child. I normally don't activly remember the songs that were played on the radio at that time but when I hear Clocks it just brings back so many memories, it's strange cause I don't remember that at that time Clocks would have been one of my favorite songs or something... but something about it must already have been significant to me at that time else it wouldn't bring me such strong memories.

• Like 3

For me a song that really takes me back in time is Clocks. It just gives me this special feeling I can't describe and it reminds me so much of when I was a small child. I normally don't activly remember the songs that were played on the radio at that time but when I hear Clocks it just brings back so many memories, it's strange cause I don't remember that at that time Clocks would have been one of my favorite songs or something... but something about it must already have been significant to me at that time else it wouldn't bring me such strong memories.

I think I get what you mean! That song brings me this incredible nostalgia and amazement and humility and awe! It's just so wonderful, I love it.

• Like 3

With MX, you really need to turn the volume up to appreciate it fully:) I think MX might be my favourite or second favourite Coldplay album.

I just got a new phone and tried out the headphones that came with it, and while listening at higher volumes, I heard so many new things!

...and I hold a special place in my heart for MX

• Like 1

I heard A-ha on the radio the other day and I immediately thought of Chris (cause he's such a fangirl) :happy2:

and also, after seeing all the pics and videos from recent concerts and meeting with fans, I'm feeling kinda sad, cause it looks like I won't be able to go to any ahfod concert, at least not this year :bigcry:

• Like 2

Does anyone think Coldplay will release songs that didn't make the AHFOD cut? It would be nice if they did a similar E.P. to Prospect's March, or even a few B-Sides. The last two eras have been lacking this; Moving To Mars and Ghost Story are two of my favourite songs, yet they could have never been released!

Guest diogo_sg
I was watching a tv show in my country and they played Adventure of a Lifetime in the background and I got so happy! :D

You have 42 likes!! [emoji1]

You have 42 likes!! [emoji1]

Yay,I hadn't even noticed! :dance:42 messages and 42 likes :D (Although now after this my messages are going to be 43 :P). I spend a lot of time in the forums!A few of my likes are from you,so thank you :D

Looks like those extra lyrics added to the end of Us Against The World (originally thought to be a different song) are actually just an extended version of UATW. Makes the song better imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so, I really like that version.

Does anyone think Coldplay will release songs that didn't make the AHFOD cut? It would be nice if they did a similar E.P. to Prospect's March, or even a few B-Sides. The last two eras have been lacking this; Moving To Mars and Ghost Story are two of my favourite songs, yet they could have never been released!

Maybe near the middle of the tour to freshen up the setlist or something.

It looks like Chris's hair is getting a little longer than normal, I hope he grows it out again.

• Like 1