✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Like skip to the next song. I don't have premium, so I only have like 5 skips or something until I can't skip any more songs...and then you have to listen to a certain number of songs or wait a while until you get your skips back

Yeah I'm having that trouble too....once I had no more skips and then Parachutes came up, I was very glad for that ;D

• Like 3

I find that odd, since I find most parts of MX to still be the way of the older songs. just happier... (Although I'd agree with you for GS and beyond) I'd think the only songs that'd be "synthetic" and electronic-based in MX are Princess of China and Up in Flames. Everything else sounds more organic to me (with more electronic influences than previous albums, mind you!)

We all think different. For me, Coldplay still is genuine and real. Their songs come from their feelings and experiences and I think that's what makes them real. They aren't making up a story, they are using their lives to create the concept for each album. At the end Coldplay is a band that is making a difference and that is influencing other artists and genres.

• Like 1

In that way, you're definetely right. In that way I still feel the genuity in them (and hey, I can see that there's still a lot of that in them). And even now, they still can make beautiful pieces of music, look at Amazing Day for example. That one ohh ohh ohh ohh part sends shivers down the spine every time and the part that comes after is just gorgeous, rich, and deep. It actually sounds that way too. which I find awesome. It's just that now, they're much happier than before, so naturally a happier album will come out :) They're taking us on a journey through their life with each album, and we can tell that as time passes they get happier, and happier, and happier. Minus GS. :D

• Like 3

We all think different. For me, Coldplay still is genuine and real. Their songs come from their feelings and experiences and I think that's what makes them real. They aren't making up a story, they are using their lives to create the concept for each album. At the end Coldplay is a band that is making a difference and that is influencing other artists and genres.

I totally agree. One thing that I really love about coldplay is that they don't make songs just for selling them or being successful but based on how they actually feel about live and music style right now. When I listen to the older music I sometimes think that the newer songs will never come close to those masterpieces but for me the new songs are still awesome in their own way and you still can hear that they come from their hearts (even though there might be too much production and electronic sounds).

• Like 3

Random Coldplay thought:

I was just very angry because of something. Then I plugged my headphones in and started listening to AROBTTH. I don't know why, but from the angry drums of Politik right at the beginning to the suppressed anger in the title track this album ALWAYS manages to calm me down when I'm upset about something. Thank you AROBTTH :)

For me that song is Swallowed In The Sea. I once realized how much it calmes me down when I nearly freaked out cause my computer didn't work haha :D

Ever since I always use it to calm me down when i'm upset.

• Like 2

Today I dreamed I watched some very strange japanese Coldplay interview and the entire band was dressed like freaking pimps. Will wore yellow snake skin shoes, a white button-down shirt, above that a red plaid vest and over that a dark plaid coat and some fancy blue silk scarf.

Guy was completely dressed in some kind of three piece black suit with a blood red tie, Jonny was kinda fuzzy but I think he was wearing something close to Guy but he still had his cap on lol, and Chris just straight down looked like a cyber-hobo with glowing shoes and second hand pants.

Over the course of the interview they all suddenly wore Batman vs Superman shirts, and then they started a japanese game where they had big puffy flat breads with faces on them and it was some kind of weird truth or dare variation where you had to take a bite out of this bread every time you said something. And the whole thing took place in their bakery, in which apparently lived 4 cats, and Will talked a lot of artistic things and Chris laughed the entire time and ate those flatbreads, while Jonny just smiled at him and Guy looked as amused as a plant pot.

Then they made a joke that was so stupid that I woke up because I didnt get it.

aMAZING

• Like 6

For some reason the more I listen to Politik and the really good "Oldplay" songs the more I really appreciate their older work a lot more than the newer work. The more I wonder what happened to Coldplay and their ability to write those kinds of songs. Where did it all go? The more I listen to the beauty of the older songs the more I know what you and the other people who are more fans of the older songs mean.

I do agree with you. I'm a bit biased towards Oldplay but overall I like all of Coldplay's discography and enjoy all of their new album even if I don't think it's at the level of quality as before. As I've mentioned before, even though I like Old songs from Coldplay more in general I love MX as my favorite album which is an odd characteristic of someone this way. But I think I fit in that rare group that only think that the first quality drop was GS and beyond. I think it's because in MX and earlier they had a rich sound, while in GS and before it got a little too poppy and electronic for it to sound rich, the songs themselves can be really good but the production makes the song sound a little too slick and polished. And sometimes I'm fine with that but it takes away the depth and richness that I cherish. It's nothing big but it does have a noticable effect. Not only that, the songwriting quality has taken a step down since GS as well... you're not going to find anything near the emotional and quality and just powerful level of "Politik" or "The Scientist" or "Warning Sign" or any of those classics in albums like GS and AHFOD, Like I said, I still very much enjoy these albums. But in my opinion, they can't compare to classics like "AROBTTH" or "X&Y". Hope you know what I mean, and for anyone interested in reading this is my opinion on Coldplay's discography and how they've progressed!

EDIT: This isn't to say that there isn't any good songs on the new album. The beginning of Another's Arms sounds great and as a whole I enjoy the song and it's cool feeling I guess. The new songs are definetely very listenable and I find something unique in each and every one of them just like any other Coldplay song. This is what I like about Coldplay, they just have this signature style in each one of their songs that I love for whatever reason while having something unique in each song!

This is actually almost exact how I look up to them, so in 1 word, agreed.

They've made amazing songs, amazing albums, and they still do but, that rock/alternative is just kind of gone but not. But the new songs make you want to listen more and they have something special in it, as always. But the more I listen to their older work, the more I appreciate it (than their new(er) work).

How much they've changed, I don't care, they're still Coldplay, and Coldplay is still the best to me !

I can't really add more to this. I just completely agree with everything you have said, that's all:)

• Like 1

Today I dreamed I watched some very strange japanese Coldplay interview and the entire band was dressed like freaking pimps. Will wore yellow snake skin shoes, a white button-down shirt, above that a red plaid vest and over that a dark plaid coat and some fancy blue silk scarf.

Guy was completely dressed in some kind of three piece black suit with a blood red tie, Jonny was kinda fuzzy but I think he was wearing something close to Guy but he still had his cap on lol, and Chris just straight down looked like a cyber-homo with glowing shoes and second hand pants.

Over the course of the interview they all suddenly wore Batman vs Superman shirts, and then they started a japanese game where they had big puffy flat breads with faces on them and it was some kind of weird truth or dare variation where you had to take a bite out of this bread every time you said something. And the whole thing took place in their bakery, in which apparently lived 4 cats, and Will talked a lot of artistic things and Chris laughed the entire time and ate those flatbreads, while Jonny just smiled at him and Guy looked as amused as a plant pot.

Then they made a joke that was so stupid that I woke up because I didnt get it.

aMAZING

OMG that's so funny I wish my dreams were like this :D

• Like 1

It's good to know he loves tacos (are the best food on Earth :p maybe I'm biased but I'm definitely right) and I hope he'll taste real tacos during the Mexican concerts.

I have once tried a Taco and i am sorry to say that, no offence, but I didn't like it at all. Same with burritos. I guess I haven't been to good places though, only fast food tacquerias. :(

I have once tried a Taco and i am sorry to say that, no offence, but I didn't like it at all. Same with burritos. I guess I haven't been to good places though, only fast food tacquerias. :(

Burritos aren't good I don't like the kind of tortilla they use to prepare them (they're a mixture of Mexico and USA food) And that's true fast food taquerias aren't the best option to eat tacos, there are some in Mexico as well and I didn't like them. I'm sorry I can't suggest you a good place to eat Mexican food in the USA, you should try Chris' suggestion :)

Taco Bell is authentic, right? :p

I am just listening to Parachutes entirely and it struck me again what a great album that is. It is so "warm". When I listen to it I feel at peace.

I know! To me it will always be the most beautiful album in the world. It feels like a warm hug to the heart [/cheesy]

• Like 2