✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

This brings up something I would like to ask everyone's help with: Could you please list your favorite CP live performances? I am having back surgery in a couple months and want to have a "recovery playlist" handy for comfort in the weeks right after. CP has gotten me through some very rough patches after previous surgery, but I want to take that to a new level of discovering the true, even hidden, live performance gems. I'd be very grateful for this help! PM if want to. If you could just list location (e.g., media on CPing, or YouTube), I can find them. Thanks!![emoji171][emoji171]

I will make one too. Are you looking for videos or audio ?

This brings up something I would like to ask everyone's help with: Could you please list your favorite CP live performances? I am having back surgery in a couple months and want to have a "recovery playlist" handy for comfort in the weeks right after. CP has gotten me through some very rough patches after previous surgery, but I want to take that to a new level of discovering the true, even hidden, live performance gems. I'd be very grateful for this help! PM if want to. If you could just list location (e.g., media on CPing, or YouTube), I can find them. Thanks!![emoji171][emoji171]

Sure thing! I'll PM you a list later. :)

Very best of luck ! We'll be thinking of you and sending you good feelings for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

I only seem to be able to message people on a computer or a laptop. I'm using an electronic tablet at the moment so can't go to messages to talk you through it, otherwise I would. Hope it gets sorted for you soon x

Sent from my SM-T310 using Coldplaying mobile app

I think profile settings might disallow it.

I have send her a PM with a link to your request.

Thanks to both of you! :)

• Like 2

The live performances that I search for are usually shows I've attended. Other than that, I normally search for things I've already seen on TV, like Glastonbury footage or Radio One's Big Weekend. I particularly like happy performances, especially the Paradise remix, "regular" Paradise, Yellow, GPASUYF (mainly because I like watching Chris throw his guitar around and the music gets all heavy [emoji85] ), Sky Full of Stars. Wishing you a speedy recovery after your operation [emoji4] (Although I think I've already said that before haha, but have some more good luck anyway lol) x

Sent from my SM-T310 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

So, I tried to PM you, but it won't let me do so. It keeps saying "You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: iamsue."

I'm just going to copy-paste the list below:

Hi there! Here are some of my favorite live performances... with links just 'cause I don't want you to have to track them all down. I only looked for full concerts if that's alright... I wasn't sure if you wanted those, individual songs, or both. You can find the individual songs from some of the shows on YouTube and in the Multimedia section here.

Boston, 2012 - This one is a full multicam concert. If you like Live 2012, I think you'll like this concert, too. The sound quality isn't amazing but it's listenable.

London, 2012 - This one is only audio, but the quality is mostly great and it's a favorite MX show of mine.

Unknown location, Yahoo Music, 2008 - A nice Viva show originally streamed by Yahoo that has some parts in the middle where fans get to come up and ask the band questions.

KROQ Almost Acoustic X-mas, 2005 - A 41-minute X&Y-era performance that was filmed from the audience but sounds great! Chris does a little speech before Will sings during Til Kingdom Come and it's one of my favorite live performance moments ever.

Toronto, 2005 - This was part of a TV program called Much Music and it includes some nice interview tidbits here and there.

Amsterdam, 2005 - This was for a TV program and it's a nice early X&Y-era show.

Montreal, 2002 - This show is kind of short (only 8 songs) but it's gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSk8M7cqDyI

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSk8M7cqDyI

Sydney, 2001 - This one is a Parachutes-era gem. It sounds good and has a great setlist including several early versions of songs from AROBTTH, plus the unreleased song Idiot. The performance of Amsterdam happens to be the first one ever!

Glastonbury, 2000 - They are so young here!!! They only play a few songs but they sound great!

Again, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

• Like 4

Again, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

YES!! This is perfect! Thanks to all of you for being so generous with your time and helping me with this! I'm going to organize them all into a playlist. This will be incredible! I saw some of the Boston show this year on Periscope and it was fantastic. So glad to have that one, and can't wait to watch all of these!

• Like 2

There's a thread which has a lot of great live videos, you should take a look. It has been very useful for me to discover CP performances I had never seen before: http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/share-your-favourite-coldplay-live-video.107351/

I can also recommend you other videos like these (I include full playlists):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=AhPnuN8W1ug;list=LLNUoM9GlusRrK5UfxH-MWeQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=RIErxzjENFM;list=LLNUoM9GlusRrK5UfxH-MWeQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=zIl_RPSO4-U;list=LLNUoM9GlusRrK5UfxH-MWeQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=bSL5XjSkmgU;list=LLNUoM9GlusRrK5UfxH-MWeQ

Hope that your surgery goes well. Be strong and don't ever give up :)

• Like 2

Hope that your surgery goes well. Be strong and don't ever give up :)

Karvi, I wasn't aware this was a whole thread you started. What an awesome idea!! Thanks for all the links! Just listened to Trouble at PinkPop 2011 and it was incredible. One of the best closeups of the Mylo-era instruments, too. I saw that you included the 2011 ParaOlympics Closing Ceremony. Thank you! It is probably in my top 5 CP favorites of all time...but I haven't seen the rest of your posts and everyone elses yet, so who knows. I just think their performance with all of the other musicians and performers reflected the talent and achievement of the ParaOlympics perfectly, and showed who Coldplay are as people!

• Like 1

YES!! This is perfect! Thanks to all of you for being so generous with your time and helping me with this! I'm going to organize them all into a playlist. This will be incredible! I saw some of the Boston show this year on Periscope and it was fantastic. So glad to have that one, and can't wait to watch all of these!

Aww, I'm glad that this will help lift your spirits after your surgery. :) I hope it goes well. :heart:

I was blessed to have a dream about them last night. Actually it's strange cause the past few nights have had some sort of hint of them. One night I saw Jonny with a bunch of piercings in his face cause he was into some more grungy aesthetic. But during the dream last night the moment I looked out my window and they all had their heads stuck in some weird holes in the ground or something and instead of helping them I wanted to take a picture (real helpful right). I guess I'm lucky cause I get to see them frequently lol

• Like 5

Went shopping today, saw this:

934ca1ccbe4de8064a0eabcdd8ecfc42.jpg

and thought:

Lights go out and I can't be saved [emoji784] [emoji785] [emoji786] [emoji787] [emoji788] [emoji789] [emoji790] [emoji791] [emoji792] [emoji793] [emoji794] [emoji795] [emoji796] [emoji797] [emoji798] [emoji799] [emoji800] [emoji801] [emoji802] [emoji803] [emoji804] [emoji805] [emoji806] [emoji807]

Also, instead of saying Colgate, my brother began to say Coldplay instead as I'd been talking about them [emoji87]

Ooo, and I bought a bag with BIRDS on it:

d30ef6218881b6af7b2efdd3c5adc806.jpg

x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 10

I was blessed to have a dream about them last night. Actually it's strange cause the past few nights have had some sort of hint of them. One night I saw Jonny with a bunch of piercings in his face cause he was into some more grungy aesthetic. But during the dream last night the moment I looked out my window and they all had their heads stuck in some weird holes in the ground or something and instead of helping them I wanted to take a picture (real helpful right). I guess I'm lucky cause I get to see them frequently lol

How long am I gonna stand,

with my head stuck under the sand?

:D

• Like 3

I've been wearing a Coldplay button around work for the last two months. Nobody has said a thing about it. I'm in a warehouse with hundreds of people and not one other coldplay fan has come out.

Ahhh I hate feeling like that, like other people I know aren't Coldplay fans, but I love the online community, it's such a nice sense of belonging x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 6

I've been wearing a Coldplay button around work for the last two months. Nobody has said a thing about it. I'm in a warehouse with hundreds of people and not one other coldplay fan has come out.

Sorry to hear :( I also have yet to find someone in real life with whom I can have a nerdy conversation about details that usually just people on the forums know about :D

• Like 4