✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I think every fan has to go through a phase of learning that everyone isn't going to want to spend time to understand why you like the band, and Coldplay is a pretty easy band to hate on. Never been cool, never been edgy or controversial, never been really anything but guys who make music which for a lot of mainstream listeners is pretty dull. Couple that with the few select tracks that were spread across America (Clocks, Speed of Sound, later VLV) and even I could get sick of them. In fact, before I was a fan I was a hater. My sister originally was the fan in our family around AROBTTH and X&Y, I couldn't stand hearing them on the family computer while I was trying to do homework, watch TV, etc, etc. When VLV came around I was hooked onto Violet Hill when the single released. From then on I went back into the older albums and found out I actually liked them. I still skip over Clocks and SoS most of the time honestly.

• Like 2

I think every fan has to go through a phase of learning that everyone isn't going to want to spend time to understand why you like the band, and Coldplay is a pretty easy band to hate on. Never been cool, never been edgy or controversial, never been really anything but guys who make music which for a lot of mainstream listeners is pretty dull. Couple that with the few select tracks that were spread across America (Clocks, Speed of Sound, later VLV) and even I could get sick of them. In fact, before I was a fan I was a hater. My sister originally was the fan in our family around AROBTTH and X&Y, I couldn't stand hearing them on the family computer while I was trying to do homework, watch TV, etc, etc. When VLV came around I was hooked onto Violet Hill when the single released. From then on I went back into the older albums and found out I actually liked them. I still skip over Clocks and SoS most of the time honestly.

I would be inclined to think that the probability of meeting another Coldplay fan of the same standards would less than the probability of meeting the band itself (4/ approximately 7,344,000,000) maybe five if you include Phil.

And I think any crazy fan of any thing has to entertain the same thought. And it's weird to think that they by population standards are cool, but by individual feelings they aren't.

"The kings of uncool"

But what does cool mean anyway. It's almost like it's abnormal for someone to say "I'm so normal and I fit in with the group" cause honestly who would say that.

• Like 1

Sometimes when I mention Coldplay, people (very annoyingly) say something along the lines of "Yeah, they're your favourite band, aren't they?" Followed by rolling of eyes and disapproving looks like [emoji654] [emoji58] [emoji52] [emoji53]

and I'm like

"Yes. Yes they are! [emoji5] [emoji4] [emoji3] [emoji16] [emoji2] [emoji1] [emoji38] [emoji14] [emoji12] [emoji13] [emoji39]" x

Sent from my SM-T310 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 5

Just imagine we didn't have the internet... Then most of us would never be able to talk to another as passionate (or should I say obsessed:P) coldplay fan! Well maybe at a concert but even there many are rather causal fans I guess.

I don't want to say that word cause it's so overused, but I'm so grateful I can talk to you all here on the internet!

• Like 5

Just imagine we didn't have the internet... Then most of us would never be able to talk to another as passionate (or should I say obsessed:P) coldplay fan! Well maybe at a concert but even there many are rather causal fans I guess.

I don't want to say that word cause it's so overused, but I'm so grateful I can talk to you all here on the internet!

I remember talking to someone outside a concert and asking them if they were on the forum, and they just gave me a really confused look, leaving me feeling disappointed lol x

Sent from my SM-T310 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg
please someone remind Coldplay that they have shot 3 videos and none of them has been released

3?! I only remember the one with the bikes in Mexico (AHFOD?) and the one in Germany for Everglow, with the fans and the ice skaters :thinking:

Am I missing something? :worried:

3?! I only remember the one with the bikes in Mexico (AHFOD?) and the one in Germany for Everglow, with the fans and the ice skaters :thinking:

there was also the one they shot during a concert for a head full of dreams

• Like 1

please someone remind Coldplay that they have shot 3 videos and none of them has been released

Remember, the Hymn For The Weekend video was shot in September of last year but didn't get released for several months. So these other ones still could show up. :)

at this rate they may as well make a video for every song on the album :wideeyed:

i hope so :lol: imagine what x marks the spot would be like XD

speaking of videos, am i the only one who thinks that the uk version of trouble is so much better than the us version? original is so beautiful ❤️

• Like 5

i hope so :lol: imagine what x marks the spot would be like XD

speaking of videos, am i the only one who thinks that the uk version of trouble is so much better than the us version? original is so beautiful ❤️

i love both of them, though i may be partial to the US version since i am an animator and all :P

but this version is great, too... honestly i never understood why they had to make a separate version from this, because i think the other one is a lot darker/creepier overall, but i guess maybe in a more subtle way :P

my favorite thing about this one is that it's Will and Jonny playing the bad guys, it's just a strange concept to me :lol:

• Like 3

I posted this in the I Ran Away thread, but thought you'd like it here. Guess what?? Today, I'm in my car with my doggie, driving to see my mom, and listening to Pandora radio. We are about to park to walk and I Ran Away comes on!!! I drove around a bit more, so I could listen. I'd forgotten that Pandora played it before on my Coldplay channel, and I marked it "Liked". So I parked and found a beautiful walking path that led into the park. We had the most incredible walk ever there, and it is where I will park from now on.

Earlier today, I pulled into the outdoor mall to get a team. When I went to shut my car off, I had been listening to the Live 2012 CD. I became disoriented when, I thought the CD jumped songs because I started hearing "A Sky Full of Stars". When it kept playing after I shut off the car, I came back to my senses and realized it was being played on the mall's outdoor radio, (which plays a lot of Coldplay!!). What a day!

• Like 9

has anyone ever heard this before? i didn't know this existed until about two minutes ago and i'm not sure how i feel about it... i think i like the sample and the music overall, but his verses don't seem to fit with any of it :P

Oh no, this is Lost+ Part 2 it seems :P

• Like 1

To those who asked about it, here's what kind of Coldplay-related decoration I have in my room:

Next to my desk I have my own little "Sky Full Of Stars" with (mostly) coldplay songs written on it (it took FOREVER to write all those lyrics on it):

e1c6ae4680bb6e922a1169ea643264d0.jpg

And also on my desk I have this important reminder (and a few printed out pics that aren't really worth taking a photo of):

43e83799a684c5c58b8cb817f42df4d8.jpg

My door is AHFOD themed

(I'm also thinking of putting a "Harveytown" sign on the outside of my door, my family would be confused haha):

1c117e4753125a7d4d4b8314e1cd26c8.jpg

A self-made and AHFOD inspired poster where I put all song quotes I like to remember them (lots of CP of course):

55a5ce9d5301f5ecbe6ef943a8275505.jpg

And my yet to be extended CD collection, Xyloband, concert ticket and the beautiful I Ran Away booklet @Nie sent me[emoji177]

fe42697fe3aeadd5be3553d96e887bb8.jpg

Not really coldplay-related but I also have these paper flowers on my wall:

e1744c8416545bba609f02559d2c0f63.jpg

I'm also almost finished with my Ghost Stories drawing, maybe I'll hang it up as well...

I really need to buy some posters though, any suggestions which and where I could get them? I'd like VLVODAAHF or X&Y era best I think.

• Like 20

posted this in the I Ran Away thread, but thought you'd like it here. Guess what?? Today, I'm in my car with my doggie, driving to see my mom, and listening to Pandora radio. We are about to park to walk and I Ran Away comes on!!! I drove around a bit more, so I could listen. I'd forgotten that Pandora played it before on my Coldplay channel, and I marked it "Liked". So I parked and found a beautiful walking path that led into the park. We had the most incredible walk ever there, and it is where I will park from now on.

I was listening to Coldplay "on shuffle" yesterday and "I Ran Away" came on too.

Must be some kind of sign. :)

• Like 4

Made my brother watch the Live 2012 DVD just now [emoji87] then he started asking me what would happen if something happened to one of the boys (Like, you know, something really bad. He even mentioned the "D" word [emoji27] ) and asked if the band would carry on [emoji34] [emoji26] and I started getting all defensive like "No of course they wouldn't carry on with the band!!! [emoji15] [emoji34] [emoji52] "

Honestlyyy, how could he even suggest such a thing?!

After some of the things he said, it made me even more annoyed about how people don't recognise that Coldplay has FOUR members, not just one!

Love my boys, ALL of them [emoji5] [emoji172] [emoji171] [emoji170] [emoji169]

x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg
To those who asked about it, here's what kind of Coldplay-related decoration I have in my room:

Next to my desk I have my own little "Sky Full Of Stars" with (mostly) coldplay songs written on it (it took FOREVER to write all those lyrics on it):

And also on my desk I have this important reminder (and a few printed out pics that aren't really worth taking a photo of):

My door is AHFOD themed

(I'm also thinking of putting a "Harveytown" sign on the outside of my door, my family would be confused haha):

A self-made and AHFOD inspired poster where I put all song quotes I like to remember them (lots of CP of course):

And my yet to be extended CD collection, Xyloband, concert ticket and the beautiful I Ran Away booklet @Nie sent me[emoji177]

I'm also almost finished with my Ghost Stories drawing, maybe I'll hang it up as well...

I really need to buy some posters though, any suggestions which and where I could get them? I'd like VLVODAAHF or X&Y era best I think.

Amazing! You have some very cool ideas! I love your Sky Full Of Stars so much (and the rest too)! [emoji7]

Where did you find those branches?

My door is AHFOD themed

Awesome decorations!!! I'm so jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1