✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I've been watching Glastonbury 2002 and 2005 and I'm completely in love with CP at these shows... though don't like their outfits at all haha :laugh3:

But seriously, their performance was so powerful that I'm completely astonished... wish I'd have gone to a concert back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=mOE97YxKgts;list=PLC51AF7B0F78ED49B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=Cax4rcb6OLE;list=PLC51AF7B0F78ED49B

• Like 6

I've been watching Glastonbury 2002 and 2005 and I'm completely in love with CP at these shows... though don't like their outfits at all haha :laugh3:

But seriously, their performance was so powerful that I'm completely astonished... wish I'd have gone to a concert back then

I love these performances as well as their outfits. I think their outfits back then were simple and unassuming, fitting with the general image of less flashiness and colours and confetti in the shows (and just less focus on "showmansship" in general) and more focus on the music itself. I wish I could go back in time to a concert of these Eras.

And just as I am writing these words sitting in a bus line i normally don't take, i spotted a couple AHFOD Balloon posters outside ! They must have been leftover rom the Tidal giveaway for the stadium show. What's more, they were stuck there quite low....(*a certain plan begins forming in the head, but how do you get such a poster off without ripping it ?*)

• Like 3

Thanks so much for posting these videos. I have to tell you your timing is perfect. I am currently reading Roadie (my life on the road with Coldplay). And I just finished reading his chapter on Glastonbury 2002 Coldplay's 1st massive crowd playing performance & how nervous the band was right before taking stage. So, as I watched your 1st video I got to see the nervousness in Chris's face while singing in front of the crowd of 100,000 people. His lack of "confidence" as he sings Yellow. Then to watch his 2016 performance of the exact same song....at thee exact same location....his confidence now is....as high as the heavens....it is so wonderfully beautiful to see how much they have grown over the years! I have seen them in concert 7 times & ever show, every tour always more beautiful than the one before[emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

These are seriously some of my favorite performances so thank you for posting them. :) If only I had been much older than 7 when Coldplay headlined Glastonbury in 2005...

• Like 3

I spent my evening watching the early videos of some live performances. Am I the only one that loves Chris's beautiful piano skills in Reign of Love Live & Jonny's guitar solo in Life is for Living! Watch the video Coldplay-Life is for Living (Live 2003) Jonny's solo......there are just no words to describe!! [emoji173]️

• Like 3

I spent my evening watching the early videos of some live performances. Am I the only one that loves Chris's beautiful piano skills in Reign of Love Live & Jonny's guitar solo in Life is for Living! Watch the video Coldplay-Life is for Living (Live 2003) Jonny's solo......there are just no words to describe!! [emoji173]️

You are not the only one! Life Is For Living is especially beautiful...

"'Cause in the ennnnnnnnd, there's only us,

And oh my friennnnnnd, there's only love..."

• Like 1

Omg same. I'm on a Coldplay Glastonbury binge lol xD

Also I just saw this and going by Chris' yelling at the start, maybe the AoaL video shouldn't have come as such a shock after all :laugh3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbUVMaKnXn4

• Like 6

Guest diogo_sg

I just noticed what's written on this (old) cap...

8dd85a0d24e4a3aad8378cfe7a8c8708.jpg

It used to be mine, but I gave it to my dad a couple of years ago. It's his favourite cap. And now he has a piece of Coldplay with him all the time!! Haha! [emoji16] [emoji14]

Hi, relatively new fan here, do people still hang out outside the Bakery hoping to see the boys anymore? I couldn't really find any recent info about this and I was wondering about the general consensus of other fans? I don't want to overstep any lines or make anyone feel uncomfortable. It would be a dream to meet the band, but if most fans don't and if the boys don't appreciate it I still wanna just pop by and snap a photo outside at the very least. I hope this question is ok to be asked, I just want to make sure. Thanks :)

Hi, relatively new fan here, do people still hang out outside the Bakery hoping to see the boys anymore? I couldn't really find any recent info about this and I was wondering about the general consensus of other fans? I don't want to overstep any lines or make anyone feel uncomfortable. It would be a dream to meet the band, but if most fans don't and if the boys don't appreciate it I still wanna just pop by and snap a photo outside at the very least. I hope this question is ok to be asked, I just want to make sure. Thanks :)

Hello there :D the "general consensus" is that it's perfectly fine haha! As long as you don't disturb anyone, of course. There's a bench across the street, too :nice: The Oracle actually addressed the issue (a long time ago, but still), saying the band is completely okay with fans going outside the Bakery. I assume you can't find recent info about this because the band have been on tour all summer and therefore they aren't seen at the studio a lot.

Hello there :D the "general consensus" is that it's perfectly fine haha! As long as you don't disturb anyone, of course. There's a bench across the street, too :nice: The Oracle actually addressed the issue (a long time ago, but still), saying the band is completely okay with fans going outside the Bakery. I assume you can't find recent info about this because the band have been on tour all summer and therefore they aren't seen at the studio a lot.

Thank you both for your replies! I might wait until they're off tour in the fall then, but it's not a huge deal if I don't see them there either :)

So, has anyone heard this story that my husband reminds me of every chance he can: Hroniss Grasu suffers torn ACL, will miss season - ESPN

https://apple.news/AylKKmStxQ9yNyR1340Emyg. They said it was due to damage on the field after rain at Coldplay concert I was at on 7/23 caused the stage to create a hole or something.

As you may know, my husband hates on Coldplay. He drove me to the show (I can barely drive any more due to back pain), dropped me off, and went to see Star Trek movie. Then missed second half when I called for pick up in downpour and drove in circles for an hour to find me, since my phone had died. Plus the $$$$ of the night, that went up after traffic caused him to miss his ticketed time and buy a new ticket.

Yet he good-naturedly jokes now that Coldplay just ruined the Bears' season. So he figures Coldplay is behind all of this misery for him.

Do you think the band even knows about this Bears' player's injury? I'm betting they'd care enough to say something to him if they did. I'm going to Tweet them and see what happens.

• Like 1

So, has anyone heard this story that my husband reminds me of every chance he can: Hroniss Grasu suffers torn ACL, will miss season - ESPN

https://apple.news/AylKKmStxQ9yNyR1340Emyg. They said it was due to damage on the field after rain at Coldplay concert I was at on 7/23 caused the stage to create a hole or something.

As you may know, my husband hates on Coldplay. He drove me to the show (I can barely drive any more due to back pain), dropped me off, and went to see Star Trek movie. Then missed second half when I called for pick up in downpour and drove in circles for an hour to find me, since my phone had died. Plus the $$$$ of the night, that went up after traffic caused him to miss his ticketed time and buy a new ticket.

Yet he good-naturedly jokes now that Coldplay just ruined the Bears' season. So he figures Coldplay is behind all of this misery for him.

Do you think the band even knows about this Bears' player's injury? I'm betting they'd care enough to say something to him if they did. I'm going to Tweet them and see what happens.

I think it's a series of very unfortunate events to be honest.

I have two close friends who also have ACL injuries and they've been living with it for years, still causes them pain sometimes, one of them was on active duty and had to stop serving after that. The other one tore it playing football and still goes to therapy for it, so I feel really bad for this guy, I hope he gets well soon and it doesnt hinder him too much in the future

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Hi! Welcome to Coldplaying! If you hang around the Bakery sometimes you'll probably bump into someone from the band, eventually. Just be sure you don't stalk the guys [emoji14]

Guest diogo_sg
I went to the store today to buy a new pair of headphones and the salesperson's ringtone was Jonny's riff from AoaL :loveshower:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????? :awesome::awesome::awesome:

So, I'm currently on holidays in Albufeira, Algarve (a city in the south of Portugal) and here's what has been going on Coldplay-wise:

1) a couple of days ago, I heard HFTW playing VERY LOUD in a bar. It was amazing, really. That big bass Chris talks about is just awesome!

2) yesterday, in the morning, my dad, his girlfriend, his girlfriend's daughter and I went kayaking and while we were on the boat waiting to get on the kayaks, Fix You played on the radio. The boat was full of (British) people and some were even singing (including me)!! Besides, the view around us was dazzling! The blue sea, the tall rocks, all the people kayaking... It was such a special moment!!

3) same day, in the afternoon, we were walking by the hotel's swimming pool and (to my surprise) the Fedde le Grand remix of Paradise was playing!!!!! I had never heard it playing somewhere other than my phone before!! How cool is that?!?!

PS: I also heard the Seeb remix of HFTW on the radio a few weeks ago!!

4) yesterday, in the evening, we went to a very cool shop selling several kinds of stuff (mostly Indian items such as incense, the Chakras stones, wooden stamps (inc. a Flower Of Life), handmade notebooks, tie dye tees, etc). So I couldn't believe my ears when I started hearing Paradise...followed by Clocks...followed by Magic...followed by Yellow...followed by Talk... WHAT WAS GOING ON?!?! I bought a notebook (handmade with recycled paper by Tibetean refugees) and when I went to pay for it, I asked the lady who made the playlists and told her that my favourite band is Coldplay (I was even a Love Button!!). She smiled and said it was her boss, with iTunes. I got so happy!! It made my day!!!

[emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

That's so awesome! I'm glad that your holidays were also full of Coldplay-related-and-unexpected-things :)

I'm over the moon. Currently I'm in Riga with my family. Today I was walking around the local old town with my cousin when I saw a poster promoting AHFOD on a shop window! It was on a shop with vinyls, CDs, t-shirts, badges and other stuff like that. So I went in to see if I can buy it but, sadly, it wasn't in the basket with the rest of the posters. After all, I asked the shop assistant if they're selling them and she said that they're not but if buy one thing from the shop she'll give this poster! My cousin bought herself some postcards and I got my little treasure...

499ca46155451f100b745a7f83128023.gif

I'm so so so happy right now... Here are some pictures of it :)

5dc7952457e98378a0a8437abba904c5.jpg

ec6286c88d44ee4e00af22733a58cfe0.jpg

• Like 12

Guest diogo_sg
That's so awesome! I'm glad that your holidays were also full of Coldplay-related-and-unexpected-things :)

I'm over the moon. Currently I'm in Riga with my family. Today I was walking around the local old town with my cousin when I saw a poster promoting AHFOD on a shop window! It was on a shop with vinyls, CDs, t-shirts, badges and other stuff like that. So I went in to see if I can buy it but, sadly, it wasn't in the basket with the rest of the posters. After all, I asked the shop assistant if they're selling them and she said that they're not but if buy one thing from the shop she'll give this poster! My cousin bought herself some postcards and I got my little treasure...

499ca46155451f100b745a7f83128023.gif

I'm so so so happy right now... Here are some pictures of it :)

5dc7952457e98378a0a8437abba904c5.jpg

ec6286c88d44ee4e00af22733a58cfe0.jpg

Thank you!! [emoji16] [emoji16]

And that's so cool!! [emoji7] [emoji7]

I think it's a series of very unfortunate events to be honest.

I have two close friends who also have ACL injuries and they've been living with it for years, still causes them pain sometimes, one of them was on active duty and had to stop serving after that. The other one tore it playing football and still goes to therapy for it, so I feel really bad for this guy, I hope he gets well soon and it doesnt hinder him too much in the future

I do too. No such luck. He's having surgery.