✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I've been wearing a Coldplay button around work for the last two months. Nobody has said a thing about it. I'm in a warehouse with hundreds of people and not one other coldplay fan has come out.

I have one of the Coldplay buttons on my jacket

[ATTACH=full]5689[/ATTACH]

After 3 times that we were on a concert together, one of my friends saw it and said, hey nice button.

I started smiling and asked her to take a good look at it. And then she saw that it was Coldplay.

"Cool", That's all I got for an answer.

Yeah, I've been smuggling in my favorite English band at concerts of my favorite Belgian band.

Next step is the LoVe button.

• Like 2

How long am I gonna stand,

with my head stuck under the sand?

:D

XD I wonder what tonight will consist of. I did the ungodly thing of listening to Eurobeat music and spent some moments of time having uncontrollable thoughts of the band dancing to it in sync with a psychadelic background.

Help

• Like 3

My Coldplay poster for my university dorm came in the mail today!!! :D

It looks like this:

music-coldplay-sunglasses-group-poster-AVAm0316.jpg

I'm sure this will make your start at university easier and your dorm room feel more like home...and then of course there is always X&Y to listen to ! Wish you a great start in your new life phase ! :)

• Like 2

I've been wearing a Coldplay button around work for the last two months. Nobody has said a thing about it. I'm in a warehouse with hundreds of people and not one other coldplay fan has come out.

I hate that feeling, I always hope when I wear it that there's got to be some other coldplay fan around, especially when I'm in larger cities. But no, nothing ever happens:/

Same here - I've been waiting for a comment or even a recognising look but - nothing !

I saw a guy wearing a AHFOD T shirt and spoke to him immediately and compared gigs we'd been to. Where are all the fans hiding themselves ?

• Like 2

I'm sure this will make your start at university easier and your dorm room feel more like home...and then of course there is always X&Y to listen to ! Wish you a great start in your new life phase ! :)

Thank you so much! I'm moving in a few days and it'll be nice to take a bit of Coldplay with me, haha. :D

I coloured this mandala while I was listening to AHFOD album... :D

[ATTACH=full]5693[/ATTACH]

That looks great! I love coloring mandalas and AHFOD sounds like a great inspiration for doing so. :)

Same here - I've been waiting for a comment or even a recognising look but - nothing !

I saw a guy wearing a AHFOD T shirt and spoke to him immediately and compared gigs we'd been to. Where are all the fans hiding themselves ?

Sadly, even though Coldplay is one of the most popular bands in the world, it's not really considered "cool" to like them. :( Of course I don't care about that and would gladly tell anyone that I'm a fan, but I think I understand why people might not like to talk about it.

Like, I brought it up on a different non-Coldplay forum and the general opinion there is that the music of Coldplay is for gay men and teenage girls. :rolleyes: Stupid stereotypes. Not that there's anything wrong with those people liking Coldplay, but there's nothing wrong with anybody else being a fan either!

• Like 3

Adele on turning down an offer to play at the 2017 Superbowl Halftime Show:

"The Super Bowl halftime show is one of the biggest gigs in the music industry -- but Adele just isn't interested.

The "Hello" singer has confirmed that she has been approached about performing at the 2017 Super Bowl but she flat-out turned them down.

Adele was performing at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Saturday -- as part of her sold-out run of eight concerts there -- when she took a moment to clear up some rumors, including talk that she's pregnant again.

"I was like, what do you mean that I'm pregnant? I was like, of course I'm not pregnant," she said, before moving onto discussing American football's biggest event.

"I'm not doing the Super Bowl," she said. "I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don't really -- **I can't dance or anything like that.** They were very kind, they did ask me, but I did say no."

Well, Chris Martin can't really dance, but he still did Halftime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Sadly, even though Coldplay is one of the most popular bands in the world, it's not really considered "cool" to like them. :( Of course I don't care about that and would gladly tell anyone that I'm a fan, but I think I understand why people might not like to talk about it.

Like, I brought it up on a different non-Coldplay forum and the general opinion there is that the music of Coldplay is for gay men and teenage girls. :rolleyes: Stupid stereotypes. Not that there's anything wrong with those people liking Coldplay, but there's nothing wrong with anybody else being a fan either!

I so agree with everything you are saying! I have such a hard time finding people that like Coldplay. My daughter loves them, but aside from her I really don't know any one who listens to them. I listen to them everyday, I just cannot imagine someone not having Coldplay music in their lives!

• Like 5

It looks like this:

Cool ! So now, when you get settled, you can look up at it to remind you to post here and let all your CP friends know how you like college! Best to you. It's the time of your life..., the adventure of a lifetime! [emoji851]

• Like 3

It looks like this:

I should get something like that! My walls will be so bare....and I'm moving in tomorrow so it wouldn't get here in time haha

• Like 1

XD I wonder what tonight will consist of. I did the ungodly thing of listening to Eurobeat music and spent some moments of time having uncontrollable thoughts of the band dancing to it in sync with a psychadelic background.

Help

...in alpaca suits! LOL. Don't ask me why I picked alpacas. :wacky!![emoji23]LMAO at the whole image.

Cool ! So now, when you get settled, you can look up at it to remind you to post here and let all your CP friends know how you like college! Best to you. It's the time of your life..., the adventure of a lifetime! [emoji851]

Thank you so much!! :) I definitely won't ignore you all here, haha. Maybe I'll be less active here at first as I get my bearings on campus, but I'll still be around here to let you all know how it's going. You're right, this is the adventure of a lifetime! "And I want to share it with you," fellow Coldplayers. :)

I should get something like that! My walls will be so bare....and I'm moving in tomorrow so it wouldn't get here in time haha

I'm moving in on Thursday so mine came just in time! Best of luck to you as you start this journey too, and know that you can always talk to me about it 'cause I'll be going through the same thing. :D

• Like 2

Thank you so much! I'm moving in a few days and it'll be nice to take a bit of Coldplay with me, haha. :D

That looks great! I love coloring mandalas and AHFOD sounds like a great inspiration for doing so. :)

Strangely I actually had a different experience, I haven't told too many people I'm a coldplay fan yet so it could just be a coincidence, but most I told said they loved them and they were awesome. Didn't meet any "real" fans yet though:/

• Like 2

In my case, most of friends know I'm a big Coldplay fan and some of them like the band but aren't even near the level of crazy fanboyism I reach. For some reason, I feel like people still see them as a band that makes sad and/or depressing music.

• Like 5

moving in on Thursday so mine came just in time! Best of luck to you as you start this journey too, and know that you can always talk to me about it 'cause I'll be going through the same thing. :D

Thanks, you too! And you can talk to me as well

• Like 1

I really should get that as well, I don't have any posters yet:D

But I turned my room at our house into a little coldplay cave DIY-Style, it once used to look boring but now I love, my room[emoji16]

Great - how about some photos of it ?

• Like 1