Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion, too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

I can never listen to this song without my entire attention immediately going to it. Such a beautiful piece of art :)

• Like 3

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion, too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

I can never listen to this song without my entire attention immediately going to it. Such a beautiful piece of art :)

Sublime. One of the best songs ever written.

Too bad more music today couldn't be like it.

I agree on that last statement you made as well.

Was a long and dark December

From the rooftops I remember

There was snow

White snow

Clearly I remember

From the windows they were watching

While we froze down below

When the future's architectured

By a carnival of idiots on show

You'd better lie low

If you love me

Won't you let me know?

Was a long and dark December

When the banks became cathedrals

And the fox

Became God

Priests clutched onto bibles

Hollowed out to fit their rifles

And the cross was held aloft

Bury me in armour

When I'm dead and hit the ground

My nerves are poles that unfroze

If you love me

Won't you let me know?

This must be your favorite Coldplay song, isn't it?

SO I DROVE HOME

AT A HUNDRED MILES AN HOUR

JUST TO SEE WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO FLY

AND I CRASHED MY CAR

INTO SOMEONE ELSE'S BACKYARD

JUST TO SEE WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DIE

(i've drifted away from coldplay into more punk stuff; i saw these guys a couple weeks ago and it was incredible)

[MEDIA=bandcamp]album_id=3482340203;track_id=414925409;track_num=7[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://sororitynoise.bandcamp.com/track/blonde-hair-black-lungs

When your day is long

And the night, the night is yours alone

When you're sure you've had enough

Of this life, well hang on

Don't let yourself go

'Cause everybody cries

And everybody hurts sometimes

What song is this, it sounds amazing just by the lyrics.

hmm that just made me wonder... I really miss the days when music could be appreciated even when just looking at the lyrics... something that can't be said by even Coldplay's content today :(

And I was told that the streets were paved with gold and there'd be no time for getting old when we were young

(NGHFB - The Dying Of The Light)

Looks like someone took inspiration from "U.F.O".

Or the other way around...

(sorry if this is some ancient saying or something that everyone's allowed to use and I'm just being oblivious to that fact, just like BMTH with AHFOD's artwork...)

Be still

Wild and young

Long may your innocence reign

Like shells on the shore

And may your limits be unknown

And may your efforts be your own

If you ever feel you can't take it anymore

What song is this, it sounds amazing just by the lyrics.

Here have a masterpiece :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZRCIrTgQc

hmm that just made me wonder... I really miss the days when music could be appreciated even when just looking at the lyrics... something that can't be said by even Coldplay's content today :(

There's still a lot of music being made with gorgeous lyrics :) Coldplay included. Up and up, Birds, Fun, Amazing day and even AoaL all have wonderful lyrics imo. Tbh Up and up has some of Coldplay's best lyrics ever. And while songs like ASFOS and HFTW might not necessarily have the best lyrics on paper, the words fit perfectly with the kind of music style they were intended for and convey the emotion the band meant to convey beautifully :daisy:

And I don't think there was ever a time when silly lyrics didn't exist lol. Blue (da ba de) comes to mind :lol:

Crazy fucking frog beat Speed of Sound to number one for God's sake! :P

Depending on the kind of music you enjoy there's so many incredible lyricists for you to discover out there :nod: Mainstream acts like One Republic and the Killers have great lyrics and if you like clever lyrics I think you might enjoy Hozier. Beck is pretty witty with his lyrics too :wacko:

Looks like someone took inspiration from "U.F.O".

Oh boy. Noel has some serious explaining to do :lol:

Naww it's just a phrase that refers to any place where it's easy to make money or supposedly so like the US for many immigrants :D

• Like 1

Be still

Wild and young

Long may your innocence reign

Like shells on the shore

And may your limits be unknown

And may your efforts be your own

If you ever feel you can't take it anymore

Now what song is this? Also sounds wonderful just from the lyrics.

Lol I'm finding way too many good songs for my own good, my music library is massive enough lol :lol:

There's still a lot of music being made with gorgeous lyrics :) Coldplay included. Up and up, Birds, Fun, Amazing day and even AoaL all have wonderful lyrics imo. Tbh Up and up has some of Coldplay's best lyrics ever.

I didn't necessarily mean to say Coldplay never makes good lyrics anymore, because they certainly do in cases like those, what I meant to say I guess is that they don't do it as consistently as they once did.

I agree on Up&Up, all around that song is legendary when looking past the awful overproduction. The first live version was just perfect. (Speaking of that, anyone have a really good quality recording of that? The one I have is OK but not great... I'd like one where I can truly feel the music. Thanks in advance. :))

And while songs like ASFOS and HFTW might not necessarily have the best lyrics on paper, the words fit perfectly with the kind of music style they were intended for and convey the emotion the band meant to convey beautifully :daisy:

And what is the style of music in question? Modern mainstream stuff to appeal to the masses. I'm not saying I don't like those songs because I definitely do, and also keep in mind I'm talking more about HFTW than ASFOS but Coldplay have proven, more than once, recently that they are capable of writing something much more artistic than "I oh I Oh I got me feeling drunk and high so high so high". As much as I do like that song, for one I can't help but cringe at least once, secondly I'd much rather not have heard that song at all, or the whole album for that matter, and instead would have preferred an album full of Atlas's, Moving to Mars's, Midnight's, Oceans's, Fly On's, etc. Once again I'm not saying I dislike the new album. It's just mildly disappointing when you think of the fact that they are capable of so much more. And in fact, they probably did come with that "more" a lot in the album sessions but threw them out because they weren't mainstream or poppy enough... And it's a shame we may never hear them even once since Coldplay apparently decided to completely forget about B-sides one day. Just imagine how happy a lot of us would be if we got even one song reminiscent of Moving to Mars or Atlas. Heck, there could have been an artistic masterpiece only thought about for a split second, then discarded as they decided to throw X Marks The Spot onto the album. The decisions they made, choosing Stargate to make pop hits over someone like Brian Eno or Jon Hopkins that would set them back on track to make something that would stick with nearly everyone on the forum and all Coldplayers in general for a very long time, it's almost frustrating. Hopefully for their next album they take a hiatus, look over their career and really ask themselves where they've gone and the decisions they've made very recently. I know I've said in the past that this is meant to be their celebration album and that they were entitled to do almost whatever since they've worked so hard on previous albums, and I still stand by this viewpoint, however it's still not a good enough of an excuse to be working with Stargate, or throwing songs like XMTS onto the album, and making songs inspired by late night clubs, "Turn Down For What", and starting it off with "drinks on me" in my eyes. I once seen someone comment on Mylo Xyloto saying it was highly immature. That's so untrue, whoever that person was obviously never heard one mainstream pop song in their life with actual awful lyrics. If they thought that was bad they'd never bother to pay one bit of attention to what was coming, sorry to say it. And don't worry, I am not attacking anyone on this forum since I believe that comment wasn't put on here. Now, all of this being said, note that I am mainly mentioning HFTW and XMTS. Those in my eyes are the two largest offenders. The rest of the album is actually really solid and sees a Coldplay album, just in a truly pop format this time. However, as I've said before, they're still capable of so much more. Just my opinion on all this.

And I don't think there was ever a time when silly lyrics didn't exist lol. Blue (da ba de) comes to mind :lol:

Crazy fucking frog beat Speed of Sound to number one for God's sake! :P

Once again I do agree, however there is such an overabundance of awful cliche lyrics in the mainstream pop scene nowadays. It wasn't this bad even a few years ago. At least even as early as the 2000's rock shared the mainstream with pop unlike today. And even then the pop songs were nice. Now everything is pitch perfect and overproduced. Even rock is losing that magic it once had, more known rock songs seem to have just the same style of production that mainstream pop songs do, even though the song itself isn't even really pop rock, it's just rock with an awful overly clean and polished sound to it, with the vocal a million miles in front of everything, it makes it sound so annoying nowadays. Thankfully acts like Radiohead and DIIV have the older style of production even today which doesn't make my ears want to bleed...

Depending on the kind of music you enjoy there's so many incredible lyricists for you to discover out there :nod: Mainstream acts like One Republic and the Killers have great lyrics and if you like clever lyrics I think you might enjoy Hozier. Beck is pretty witty with his lyrics too :wacko:

cool, will have to check them out (sorry I've used up all my ideas for what to say in my last two quotes lol :lol:)

Oh boy. Noel has some serious explaining to do :lol:

Naww it's just a phrase that refers to any place where it's easy to make money or supposedly so like the US for many immigrants :D

Good, that's why I put that little message at the bottom in case it was a common saying anyone could use lol

• Like 1

If you ever feel neglected,

If you think all is lost,

I'll be counting up my demons, yeah,

Hoping everything's not lost.

When you thought that it was over,

You could feel it all around,

Everybody's out to get you,

Don't you let it drag you down.

Cos if you ever feel neglected,

If you think that all is lost,

I'll be counting up my demons, yeah.