✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have any of your local stations played Violet Hill?

Ebs757

Ive been checking up on the recently played lists on some stations here in Chicago and they haven't been playing it at all. Im kind of surprised since it is way up there in the UK supposedly. Have you heard it on the radio?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stations in the North-West played it at 12:15 on Tuesday but I chose to listen to Radio 1. One station played Trouble to day which was a nice surprise, as I expected Violet Hill to get the Chasing Cars treatment!

I'm in Chicago and haven't heard it yet, either. I would imagine the first station it would be played on would be WXRT, though.
Hmm yeah they are playing the Crows new single all the time, wouldn't doubt it. Maybe WTMX since they play Clocks at least once a day lately

hey mike, i know this diverts away from the thread, but what type of pilot are you? commercial?

I'm in the proses of getting my Private license. I hope someday to work for a legacy commercial airline.

Since XFM and Radio1 are my local radio stations, that's a definite yes.

In fact I tuned in earlier today, and they played it after 5 minutes of me listening. They also phoned up an american woman called Violet, and told her that Coldplay had written a song about her. Turns out she'd never heard of Coldplay :P It was extremely random.

Since XFM and Radio1 are my local radio stations, that's a definite yes.

In fact I tuned in earlier today, and they played it after 5 minutes of me listening. They also phoned up an american woman called Violet, and told her that Coldplay had written a song about her. Turns out she'd never heard of Coldplay :P It was extremely random.

That was funny. I downloaded that over in the multimedia section

I turned on the radio in Australia after the XFM release. And I got the tailend of one of our radio stations playing it. The two DJs afterwards were shit though. The guy was like "it's alright"...and the chick was bagging the crap out of them.

So I turned it off.

Like I said in another thread... Australians mainstream music idea has gone down the toilet.

..hopefully the public might think differently to her though. We shall see.