✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have any of your local stations played Violet Hill?

Ebs757

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone imagine how bloody brilliant the lighting for the live show is going to be for Violet Hill?

I cannot wait to see them live again this time round. I remember reading somewhere that this album they concentrated on making songs that were good for live performances or something...JOY!!!

Well, they did away with the alternative station here in Orlando. One day it was just gone! It went from ORock to Sunny... hell! They are now playing all this really old old mainstream rock from like the 70's. There is no more alternative station in Orlando, FL. Just a top 10 pop and a hard rock... They will not play Coldplay ever! I just play my mp or cd player in car or tune into the BBC on my computer! It must be nice to hear them on your radio stations. :)

I turned on the radio in Australia after the XFM release. And I got the tailend of one of our radio stations playing it. The two DJs afterwards were shit though. The guy was like "it's alright"...and the chick was bagging the crap out of them.

So I turned it off.

Like I said in another thread... Australia's mainstream music idea has gone down the toilet.

..hopefully the public might think differently to her though. We shall see.

Fox FM haven't played them (big suprise) and nobody else has. I think they're trying to hide its existance ;(

It's ridiculous, two days after the release, and not one play.

It's because Australian radio stations SUCK. :angry:

I havent been listening to the radio for the last two days.. so I dont know.

But on the website of the radio I listen to here in France, you can listen to VH from the main page.. so I guess they've been playing it!

OMG, It's 6:33am here in New Jersey, and I'm reading this thread right before bed (I work nightshift). Since everyone is reporting hearing VH, I went to the NYC metro rock station site --KROCK--to see if it's on their playlist, and found out that they have an online only "alternative" station. And what comes out through my speakers??? A Rush of Blood to the Head! hehe I don't think I ever heard that on radio, even online stream only.

Well, don't know if they're playing VH, but I did request it, so we'll see...

P.S. And right after AROBTTH, they played REM's Supernatural Superserious, which wasn't it named after Chris's suggestions??? interesting...

Yea like i said here in the San Francisco area they are playing it.Everytime they play it on Alice 97.3 they do the whole promo thing about the new album and playing bits of old coldplay songs in the background and it has chris sayin the whole"youre listening to alice 97.3" thing.Pretty cool!!

YEAHH I'm jamming to Violet Hill via the Radio 1 website again! I logged on just to see if it had made the playlist yet and the second song they played after I began listening was Violet Hill! Haha I love this song and it loves me back :lol:

Yea heard it twice on the day of it realease on Radio 1, then again in the eveining on XFM of Tuesday. Was on again on XFM wed morning. Heard it 3 times today once on radio one, once on Virgin and once on XFM. So its definetly getting around here in the UK which is good love the song cant get enough of it.

Ive been checking up on the recently played lists on some stations here in Chicago and they haven't been playing it at all. Im kind of surprised since it is way up there in the UK supposedly. Have you heard it on the radio?

I heard it on Tuesday Morning on the "We play everything" music radio station...which I think is 92.7. I think the morning DJ is a big fan, so she probably downloaded the song and played it. She said they would be playing it a few more times throughout the day. But, I never heard it again.

I also haven't heard it on any of the other radio stations...it's new music Thursday on xrt, so they might play it.

I turned on the radio in Australia after the XFM release. And I got the tailend of one of our radio stations playing it. The two DJs afterwards were shit though. The guy was like "it's alright"...and the chick was bagging the crap out of them.

So I turned it off.

Like I said in another thread... Australians mainstream music idea has gone down the toilet.

..hopefully the public might think differently to her though. We shall see.

I concur. The music here in Australia is horrible. Most mainstream listeners are so closed minded.

I heard Violet Hill on Tripple J the other day. Wonderful, it felt as if they were playing it for me :)

I live 40 miles north of Boston Massachusetts and the only station I've heard it on is a local indie station, they played it the first morning it was available and it has stayed in their rotation.