✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva la Vida (song) = Beautiful...?

wow this song is amazing. violet hill was great but not as much as a punch in the gut as i wanted the first single to be --- a rebel yell sounded like sloppy 80s to me, even though i liked the fact it was so experimental -- this song is just amazing. the first two songs made me a tiny bit wary but i knew from all of prospekt's blog entries that this was in fact going to be the "album that they'll be remembered by"...

the production is awesome -- i love the orchestral electronica into it with the four on the floor beat ... such lovely lovely strings.... it almost reminds me of an imogen heap influence. and thse interlude/outro reverby vocal thing is sooo u2 ... :)

they've finally stopped being so self conscious! its finally great to see them explode into colors.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap, i go to work a look at what i missed all day. I got it on Itunes this morning fell in love and missed all the threads. I have to quit my job and be a full time coldplayer to catch up with you all on the other side of the pond

liked "Violet Hill" when i heard it, still in 2 minds about "A Spell" but know absolutely and certainly from the first listen that I love "Viva La Vida". Can't wait to hear it live. In fact darn it, I want a Coldplay concert to go to this weekend. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I cried when I first heard it. I'm like 'oh my god, it's so epic!' The violins, the drums, Chris's voice, the uplifting lyrics...it all flows so beautifully. It's as if it's AROBTTH matured, which I definitely wanted from the get-go! I'm still kinda crying, it's so beautiful. The song is my life in song, basically. This will definitely be my 'summer '08' song. Traveling in the summer with this song playing...it's so romantic and beautiful. It's gorgeous. Chris's voice as better than ever!!! Viva La Vida blows Violet Hill out of the water!

I cried when I first heard it. I'm like 'oh my god, it's so epic!' The violins, the drums, Chris's voice, the uplifting lyrics...it all flows so beautifully. It's as if it's AROBTTH matured, which I definitely wanted from the get-go! I'm still kinda crying, it's so beautiful. This will definitely be my 'summer '08' song. Traveling in the summer with this song playing...it's so romantic and beautiful. It's gorgeous. Chris's voice as better than ever!!! Viva La Vida blows Violet Hill out of the water!

Agreed! :D

Although I still really like VH, THIS is the type of song I was really looking for.

Viva la 'Viva La Vida'! :P

Gus, you're just disgusting. The Alizee comparition, it's not stupid, it's obvious: both songs have the same (or at least very similar) chords progresion. Maybe if you know just a little about music you'll understand what i'm talking about.

And I simply can't belive your racist opinion about spanish people. You should be banned, man. Thank God you're the only one arround here that behave that way. If a spanish guy has a different opinion of a Coldplay song, you insult all the spanish people. I can't understand it. I feel so insulted.

Gus, you're just disgusting. The Alizee comparition, it's not stupid, it's obvious: both songs have the same (or at least very similar) chords progresion. Maybe if you know just a little about music you'll understand what i'm talking about.

And I simply can't belive your racist opinion about spanish people. You should be banned, man. Thank God you're the only one arround here that behave that way. If a spanish guy has a different opinion of a Coldplay song, you insult all the spanish people. I can't understand it. I feel so insulted.

What happened?? :cry:

Agreed! :D

Although I still really like VH, THIS is the type of song I was really looking for.

Viva la 'Viva La Vida'! :P

YES! I had a strange feeling when I first heard that there was a song called 'Viva La Vida'. I had an inkling that I'd like it. Hahahah I guess it was a sign! :D

I'm so with you on that, if you asked me what I expect from this album, this song sums it up.

this is my summer song too. i'm already imagining tooling around amsterdam and rotterdam on my bike with this song, being the happiest i've ever been. and this is the song that i'll listen to at the top of the london eye, looking out over my favorite city. i'm just so in love with this song...when i was trying so hard to imagine what i wished for coldplay to come up with, if i had succeeded, this is the song my brain would have come up with. it's so...cinematic, so beautiful.

i think i love this more than i loved "speed of sound" when it came out. and i didn't think that was possible for me. it's evolved AROBTTH, i think, and that's exactly what i dreamed for. my only hope is that the rest of the album is this mind-blowingly incredible in my book. because if it is...then it might bump out AROBTTH as my favorite thing on this planet. and i never dreamed that anyone would ever do that, not even coldplay themselves. i never asked for it, beacuse i knew that was impossible. but i might be wrong...who knows.

ah, i'm probably getting ahead of myself with the novelty of it all, but i do think that this song will forever be one of my favorites.

they cleary took a big risk with this new style and nailed it perfectly. they've definitely taken their music to another level.

VLV new style, cause VH is not as good as VLV

i'm still hoping someone to find "42"

When I first heard Violet Hill - I was unsure at the first few listens. Though it grew on me and then I loved it.

However at Viva la Vida - First listen I FUCKING LOVED IT!!! No room to grow for this one, I'm in love now!

OMG it was exactly the same for me. The first time I heard Violet Hill I was not sure I liked it. I had to listen to Violet Hill a couple of times and then I loved it.

Viva La Vida - I fell in LOVE with it on the first listen!!!!! It is so beautiful and magical. Wow Just WOW!!! :dance:

Does anyone know why when you download the track from iTunes it isnt part of the album? The album name is VLV - Single, usually when you pre-order the track is from the album.

Different track from the album version? Is it the same if you just download the track on its own, and not pre order?

...I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing

Roman Cavalry choirs are singing...