✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva la Vida (song) = Beautiful...?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482

I don't know if the UK iTunes is different from the US one, but you can download JUST the song without pre-ordering. I pre-ordered it anyway, AFTER I downloaded the song! So I esentially bought the song twice! Oh well, it's just THAT good anyway! :D Also, I got it on iTunes plus which I think is 256kbps and is DRM free, so I was rocking it out on CD this morning on the way to work!

Guest kmm1482
Best track!!

Coldplay's finest yettt!!!!!

EEEk

How did you find out about this? And when was it actually made available? By who?

I got an email about it this morning. I have an alert on new things are available on iTunes from artists I like and I saw this. Viva La Vida has it's own pre-order page too!! I wonder if another bit announcement will be that they're releasing it like a week or two early, like what Gnarls Barkley did!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[take some breath]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

OH MY HOLY BIG GIANT GREAT FKIN' GOD!!!!!!1

I don't think I have better words to describe this music...

I gave 12,5 out of 10 to VH, so i think I give 19,7 out of 10 to this music.

What's wrong with me? Why I'm not flying? Am I the only one who is dissapointed with Viva la Vida? It sounds like "Jai ne marre" by Alizee. It's cool, but it sounds very commercial and poppy. I wanted a darker and more adult Coldplay as in Violet Hill.

I think this shows the versatility of the new sound. Some will like the harder darker Coldplay, some will like the lighter more uplifting Coldplay, while the majority of us are just gonna love it from one end to the other and everywhere in between. I must say I said prior to this that VLV would be a great album but it probably wouldn't be better than Rush of Blood to the Head but I now seriously have my doubts....

Viva La Vida is amazing the sound is definately influenced by Arcade Fire on this one....

I'm not all for claiming every song is their best song but ....this one is for sure close to the top on my list after only 3 listens.

What's wrong with me? Why I'm not flying? Am I the only one who is dissapointed with Viva la Vida? It sounds like "Jai ne marre" by Alizee. It's cool, but it sounds very commercial and poppy. I wanted a darker and more adult Coldplay as in Violet Hill.

And I am sure you will get it....there will be a range of styles on this album I think but you will get your darker Coldplay just be patient....as I said early most of us are gonna love it from one end of the spectrum to the other, some may just prefer the darker and more jagged style...

Well, it's obvious that every song ain't gonna be like Violet Hill. But I belived that when they get "tender" in the new album they get it "better" with more musical inspiration. The musical esctructure of Viva la vida seems to me a little poor.

Are you really sure that this song is better and more "iconic" than Clocks?? Come on...

I'm willing to say that you are right, but unfortunatley now i can't.

P.S. My english is so bad, isn't? Sorry, but it's because i'm spanish (Ole, Javier Bardem, Real madrid, Viva la vida...)

wtf alizee? not even a sec. its diferent its not the same. and who cares even the classics songs have detractors. for me is just amazing. the best their done so far. i feel coldplay give us the two songs cause one its dark and the other its shining, stop complaining. ''ohh i dont like it cause its too dark'' in the other hand ''its not dark''. alizee=stupid comparision. and in the coments i see in the web the spanish are the most complainin people with poor coments. i dont know how coldplay is gonna do free shows there. maybe their gonna laugh for their new customes or they are going to boo like spoiled kids sorry but i dont know why there is people complainin of nothing.

First time I heard this song, I was like this does'nt sound like Coldplay:confused:, but then I got this great feeling inside:stunned: that I get when I listen to a great Coldplay song or just a great song, and I knew this is an awesome song!!!:D

Well, it's obvious that every song ain't gonna be like Violet Hill. But I belived that when they get "tender" in the new album they get it "better" with more musical inspiration. The musical esctructure of Viva la vida seems to me a little poor.

Are you really sure that this song is better and more "iconic" than Clocks?? Come on...

I'm willing to say that you are right, but unfortunatley now i can't.

P.S. My english is so bad, isn't? Sorry, but it's because i'm spanish (Ole, Javier Bardem, Real madrid, Viva la vida...)

Of course VLV isn't as iconic as clocks...Clocks is still to this day ripped off for commercials, news show intros, even OTHER songs...I was listening to a new hip hop song here in the states by I don't even know who and I could quite frankly care less but underneath a droning keyboard was the rift to clocks....its bullshit. So in that aspect I'm almost glad it's likely not to be "iconic" like Clocks was...

Now is VLV better musically than clocks? Potentially they are different in form but similar in that they are both catchy in the same kind of way.

The instrumentals in VLV are amazing, but the piano riff in clocks if gorgeous. All in all VLV is likely not to be as popular and Iconic as Clocks and I don't think another Coldplay song ever will, but as far as I am concerned they are both near the top of Coldplay's best.

Of course VLV isn't as iconic as clocks...Clocks is still to this day ripped off for commercials, news show intros, even OTHER songs...I was listening to a new hip hop song here in the states by I don't even know who and I could quite frankly care less but underneath a droning keyboard was the rift to clocks....its bullshit. So in that aspect I'm almost glad it's likely not to be "iconic" like Clocks was...

Now is VLV better musically than clocks? Potentially they are different in form but similar in that they are both catchy in the same kind of way.

The instrumentals in VLV are amazing, but the piano riff in clocks if gorgeous. All in all VLV is likely not to be as popular and Iconic as Clocks and I don't think another Coldplay song ever will, but as far as I am concerned they are both near the top of Coldplay's best.

1.- Viva la vida

2.- Clocks

3.- Sparks

4.- The scientist

5.- Violet hill

I think Viva la vida its their best song.

This song busrt me into tears. It's really, really, really wonderful. Viva la vida was the Coldplay song I was looking for in this album. Yeah, now I'm sure that there will be something for each one in this fourth album.

this is great! it's funny because yesterday i was obsessively checking itunes to see if any b-side were being release with violet hill, and today they surprise us with this! Seriously one of the best songs I have EVER heard. Obviously everyone on here knows what I'm talking about. How could you not love this song?