✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva la Vida (song) = Beautiful...?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arent we sensitive! You have to come to realization that people arent going to like the new "music"...if you even want to call it that. I call it one man and a computer but hey thats me. I cant believe the amount of people who think that this is their best work. This is the same people who loved AROBTTH and X&Y now like synth music? I dont get it.

Low76 - You seem like the kind of guy that was like most 80's rockband - anti-keyboard. As a keyboard player in a band I take offense to the "one man and a computer" analogy. There is a distnict difference between this style of "synth" and the crap that people like Timbaland put out. Rock and ESPECIALLY Alternative rock is adding synth/keyboard/piano sounds to fill in some of the holes of the traditional bass guitar/lead-rhythm guitar/drums...thats has been played out long enough. Obviously you have no acceptance for change and thats fine but don't bring the rest of us down Violet Hill is pretty good and Viva La Vida is pretty great...and its good to hear OTHER instruments in there.

i dont know if this has already been discussed... but does anyone know why it says 'New Edit' in parenthesees after Viva la Vida when you download it from itunes? is there going to be a different version on the album? or does it mean nothing?

Hey! This has been discussed already, but I will bring you up to date!! Essentially, what I think...and what I'm sure a few others think as well, is that, because Viva La Vida is the track before Violet Hill, the end is supposed to go on for longer and will run into Violet Hill making it a natural transition from one track to the other. The single edit is probably just for our listening pleasure while we wait for the complete album!

Hey! This has been discussed already, but I will bring you up to date!! Essentially, what I think...and what I'm sure a few others think as well, is that, because Viva La Vida is the track before Violet Hill, the end is supposed to go on for longer and will run into Violet Hill making it a natural transition from one track to the other. The single edit is probably just for our listening pleasure while we wait for the complete album!

thanks a lot... that does seem to make a lot of sense. i think it will be very interesting to see how they transition between these two very different songs...

thanks a lot... that does seem to make a lot of sense. i think it will be very interesting to see how they transition between these two very different songs...

no problem!! I agree! Coldplay have said that the album is something you have to listen to all the way through...it's designed that way, like a film. I can't wait to hear the 'story'!

This song belongs on Z100 or something. This is not an alternative rock song. Dejan dont cave in! I got your back!!! This song is absolute garbage and belongs in the same class as Madonnas music. Pathetic!!!

excellent song and im a hard rock fan well the only slow band that i like is coldplay. :) and who cares what others said if you like it good if you dont like it good too. just listen another band if youre really desappointed but dont put down the other ones who like it.

This song belongs on Z100 or something. This is not an alternative rock song. Dejan dont cave in! I got your back!!! This song is absolute garbage and belongs in the same class as Madonnas music. Pathetic!!!

seriously... stop. like.. at first you were somewhat respectable because you were just stating your opinion of the song. but now all you are trying to do is piss everyone off by shitting on viva la vida/trying to turn everyone against the song. we understand you don't like it, we understand you don't like their new direction, we understand you hate synths and we understand every other negative thing you have stated a million times. enough! you are extremely out numbered and you are just getting on everyones nerves!! so please... just stop posting negatively on these topics. for everyones sake.

It's fucking amazing. Love it. And the lyrics are so sharp! :lol:

The lyrics on the songs feels like a theme, it connects with the artwork as well and songs are supposed to be connected and smoothly slide into each other, sounds to me like they've made a concept album!

Is the best thing any British band has produced in AGES!.

Huh? Now I definately know everyone has gone delirious. Would someone please define what they think genre of music this is because this is not rock or alternative rock music. IMO Maroon 5 and Bon Jovi rock harder. A lot of my friends don't really listen to new music primarily because they say that the bands are shit now and just releasing pointless music just to sell albums. I always told them there are bands left who still give a shit...especially Coldplay. Now I look like a jackass.