✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva la Vida (song) = Beautiful...?

Violet Hill=Coldplay

Viva La Vida= Chris Martin? hmm...

I'm going to have to brew on this one for a while

(please don't hate me or kill me...thanks)

This is growing too fast for me to read it all, but this is EXACTLY what I thought when I listened. So you're not crazy. (not for that particular reason, anyway)

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else notice the lyric lifted from The World Turned Upside Down b-side?

listen to the chorus of VLV "for some reason i can't explainnnn...."

then listen to the chorus of WTUD "what is this feeling i can't explain..."

i don't know if it's just a coincidence... not saying it's bad. was just bugging me that i heard that somewhere before.

Haha, I knew that part sounded very familiar! Even the way he sings it is nearly identical.

I hate the song.....

.... when it ends :cry:

Hahaha! Well done sir, well done. :D

And I feel the same way.

Dare I say it...VIVA "VIVA LA VIDA"! God, this was spectacular, wonderful, extraordinary...I can go on and on about it. I've listened to it a few times now, and every single time I've started dancing in my chair half-way through. You can't help yourself! This is the kind of stuff you need to listen to when you're depressed; it'll cheer you up lickity split. It's the kind of stuff that, when you listen to it, you just want to sing it out loud and clear.

Oh my God...can you imagine this in a Coldplay concert? Oh my God...oh my God...and with a full string symphony?!

It'll be like Heaven.

As for Violet Hill, I loved that one as well. I won't compare them though, just because they're so different.

even now i found a snippet from "lost" it sounds a little more like the old coldplay tracks

http://www.cede.ch/de/music-cd/frames/frameset.cfm?aobj=705448

Niiiiice...I'm liking it.

Oh yeah, this album's a winner.

You know, for some reason, this song reminds me of Christmas music. Must be the bells. :D

But, yes, this is truly amazing. Absolutely love the "Hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing, Roman calvary choirs a-singing!" The whole song is full of amazing lyrics, just like Violet Hill. VLVOD is going to be an incredible album, so much more diverse than anything before it, even if it's not classic like AROBTTH (though, there's a possibility it will be, I think). I've been jumping around my room dancing to this song (probably on 10 plays already), and I very very rarely do that. Most I usually ever do is spinning-chair-dances! Oh, and the harmony near the end of the song, so good!

Though, I have to say, the happiness of this song makes me not want to listen to Violet Hill, which is a bit of a shame. Love that song too!

Roll on June 17th, roll on!

PS: I think I'm going to end up ordering the album on iTunes and getting a retail CD, I want the 2 acoustic from iTunes and I HAVE to have an actual CD...

ok, just heard it for the umpteenth time and just realized, holy shit what an amazing video this is going to be. performance or story? discuss, or have i repeated a thread i missed. it's 2 am across the pond so i will see you in the am.

I really liked Violet Hill, not too much at beginning but kept growing everyday, (but not enough to consider it one of the best CP songs). A Spell a rebel yell… I liked the 30 secs clip but when the full version came out I realize that all the song was the same and it didn’t excite me too much (anyway it’s just a b-side).

But this song, well it’s great!, I don’t have words to describe how much I like this song. After only 15 or 20 listens I think I’m totally in love with it. Like I said for VH and ASARY, this sounds completely different from any other of their past work (including that two songs), but opposite to VH and ASARY this one really got that unique magic that songs like “Clocks” or “I Ran Away” have. Even I think it has already entered in my personal Coldplay Top 10 (For only some hours of hearing it, it's a lot to say :cool:).

I’m also surprised how different this song is from Violet Hill, of course musically this one was so “Rock” and Viva la Vida is like “Orchestral/Pop”, but the thing that surprised me the most it’s the way it makes you feel… VH is kind of depressing, and that’s not something bad, sometimes you want to listen to a depressing song, but VLV is such a happy and bright song, it puts you in a really good mood when you hear it.

The only thing that troubles me a little bit (and seeing other posts I’m not the only one) is that VLV sounds more like the new single from Chris Martin’s solo album… and in fact all three songs that we have hear so far doesn’t sound too much like Coldplay… I like that new sound and all, but I really hope that VLVODAAHF has at least two or tree songs that sound like “Old Coldplay”.

I really liked Violet Hill, not too much at beginning but kept growing everyday, (but not enough to consider it one of the best CP songs). A Spell a rebel yell… I liked the 30 secs clip but when the full version came out I realize that all the song was the same and it didn’t excite me too much (anyway it’s just a b-side).

But this song, well it’s great!, I don’t have words to describe how much I like this song. After only 15 or 20 listens I think I’m totally in love with it. Like I said for VH and ASARY, this sounds completely different from any other of their past work (including that two songs), but opposite to VH and ASARY this one really got that unique magic that songs like “Clocks” or “I Ran Away” have. Even I think it has already entered in my personal Coldplay Top 10 (For only some hours of hearing it, it's a lot to say :cool:).

I’m also surprised how different this song is from Violet Hill, of course musically this one was so “Rock” and Viva la Vida is like “Orchestral/Pop”, but the thing that surprised me the most it’s the way it makes you feel… VH is kind of depressing, and that’s not something bad, sometimes you want to listen to a depressing song, but VLV is such a happy and bright song, it puts you in a really good mood when you hear it.

The only thing that troubles me a little bit (and seeing other posts I’m not the only one) is that VLV sounds more like the new single from Chris Martin’s solo album… and in fact all three songs that we have hear so far doesn’t sound too much like Coldplay… I like that new sound and all, but I really hope that VLVODAAHF has at least two or tree songs that sound like “Old Coldplay”.

Smartgirl, I'm quoting you cause I agree wif it all. :D

I am IN LOVE with VLV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO excited

I was not into Violet Hill last week but it's growing on me a bit

I seriously think that VLV is an album of the year, Grammy caliber song, it's amazing....the lyrics....the music.....the instruments, everything.

I could keep it on repeat and fall asleep to it

wtf alizee? not even a sec. its diferent its not the same. and who cares even the classics songs have detractors. for me is just amazing. the best their done so far. i feel coldplay give us the two songs cause one its dark and the other its shining, stop complaining. ''ohh i dont like it cause its too dark'' in the other hand ''its not dark''. alizee=stupid comparision. and in the coments i see in the web the spanish are the most complainin people with poor coments. i dont know how coldplay is gonna do free shows there. maybe their gonna laugh for their new customes or they are going to boo like spoiled kids sorry but i dont know why there is people complainin of nothing.

Arent we sensitive! You have to come to realization that people arent going to like the new "music"...if you even want to call it that. I call it one man and a computer but hey thats me. I cant believe the amount of people who think that this is their best work. This is the same people who loved AROBTTH and X&Y now like synth music? I dont get it.