✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Violet Hill FULL VIDEO!

Stefan8

wow, thanks!!!

while i can't say its a favorite video of theirs for me, it's certainly not bad! i think i just thought the song had a lot of potential for a really cool story video, and it went a bit untapped, but that's ok. reminds me very much of a beatles sort of video, circa the "help!" era. it's got the "ticket to ride" scene all over it.

once again, i think chris got quite a bit MORE attractive in the 3-year hiatus :dead:

and i actually gasped out loud at the end when chris nearly hits his head. i've always been paranoid about people hitting their heads, and chris came damn close! :laugh4:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, thanks!!!

while i can't say its a favorite video of theirs for me, it's certainly not bad! i think i just thought the song had a lot of potential for a really cool story video, and it went a bit untapped, but that's ok. reminds me very much of a beatles sort of video, circa the "help!" era. it's got the "ticket to ride" scene all over it.

once again, i think chris got quite a bit MORE attractive in the 3-year hiatus :dead:

and i actually gasped out loud at the end when chris nearly hits his head. i've always been paranoid about people hitting their heads, and chris came damn close! :laugh4:

I agree that there was untapped potential for the video, especially at the end, seems like they could have done something that fit the soft ending rather then chris just stamping through some snow....Anyway, doesn't really matter, videos aren't as important as they used to be.

I agree that there was untapped potential for the video, especially at the end, seems like they could have done something that fit the soft ending rather then chris just stamping through some snow....Anyway, doesn't really matter, videos aren't as important as they used to be.

I had really pictured it being an story-video, kind of following they lyrics and a lot of white snow and cold environments (even do I knew they had shot in in Sicily). But I actually liked this video, even if it wasn't as I had pictured it. :)

its hard not to agree that they could have done more with this video, but i think one of the great things about them is that they dont take themselves too seriously... they are arguably the biggest rock band in the world, and yet the video for their first single looks like a home movie of them messing around in the backyard... i think it rocks.

Just watched the video, after a LONG wait, I was lurking on Tuesday night waiting for it but no luck (even after k28!) In my opinion it was well worth the wait, I love the way it's so abstract, I think that really fits the song, and I adore the close ups of all of them, especially Will :cool: The way it flits between different scenes is really good aswell, it really works for me! I really think everything about the video is great, one of my favourites of theres. Gonna go watch it again I think :)

That was frickin hilarious. I loved it, it was so funny, with the magnfying glass, and all four bobbing heads at the piano. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:laugh3:

It seemed more like an amateur video on youtube or something tho, not very professional. But I did love it, and I thought it was funny and not too serious.

:D

ha! it's hilarious. Probably the least professional video they've made, sort of in the style of the nappies. Anybody notice the eerie similarities to that one fan-made album cover that somebody made showing them as sillouettes with drums walking up a hill in the late evening?

first impression: the fellas were OBVIOUSLY having fun. haha.

it reminded me of the RHCP's video for "Give It Away" with all of them walking around and moving about.

and especially with the black and white close up shot of Chris and the magnifying glass mirroring Kiedis' close up shot. it was a funny touch

and i especially liked the jump cuts.

but the ending is what did it for me.

Chris awkwardly tramping through the snow and then falling backwards. good stuff.

anyone know who directed this?

(and the opening shot is gorgeous)