✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Violet Hill FULL VIDEO!

Stefan8

Haha I love the part where Will is at the piano and they are all around him...that part reminded me of something that would be in the movie Amelie...:P Then again, I did just watch that movie the other day...

Overall, I like the video!! It's not their best, but it's not unbearable! I must say, Will and Guy with those drums were HOT. :p And Chris with the hammer, haha. I like the edginess and rawness of the overall video...like they are not trying to make it flow and be smooth. Like it's cut up just a little to add more character.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome :dance: haha, lol :laugh3:

My opinion about the video: it's better than all the X&Y stuff (in a way I like it even more than the Talk vid) and is funny/intriguing at the same time. I love their new look and the environment :) It's an awesome video, can't wait to see it on MTV!

well you are...thanks for that link so much btw :D

and i really like the video aswell....maybe there best yet in my opinion...well maybe 2nd after the scientist :D

I thought this song would make a really good serious, high-budget video, but oh well. :laugh3: They all look nice. :)

You're far from the only one! This could have been a sure-fire award-winning cinematic and deeply moving production, and I think they missed a trick there - in some ways the song deserves exactly that. Oh well, it leaves plenty of space for some of us to produce our own fan-vids, could be much fun indeed! :)

Having seen it a few more times now I think the way they've done it is pretty clever. Low-budget, but brilliant, and as others have said vids don't matter so much now. It's sufficiently indie and arty that the places where vids do still matter (MTV etc) will show it as much as they can. It also gets away from that commercial ethos that they clearly now resent being present for x&y. It's much earthier, underground.

I particularly love how the video makes the song feel longer somehow, probably because there are so many shots and things happening. My one grumble with VH is that it's too short (because I love it so!)

I always want the guitar to kick back in again at the end for a reprise, but of course it never comes :(

Roll on the fan vids, can't wait to see some!

<edit> Oh and I think the leak we had before's been edited quite a lot in the final release, no? I hated the leak but love this, I think it's changed an awful lot for the better. Hope I'm right on that or I'm just going crazy with all the excitement of the new material!

I am lovin the black and white

to quote someone a thousand posts ago, if you look at the old Monkeys tv show they did a lot of the same schtick. going up sand dunes in military outfits, fast motion around the piano. this is back in the late 60's and early 70's so probably no one here know s of this stuff..Christ, i am either dating myslef or i watch way too much TVLand.

yeah i got no clue what the video is about haha. i like bit where they are all around guy in the piano.. and when i saw chris coming towards the camera with a hammer i really thought something very interesting would happen, but they just completely randomly change to the magnifying glass thing :S

Thankyou so much for posting this. I had a feeling the video was going to be good as it is very very good.

I get a very military feel from the video. The start is like a shot from a Clint Eastwood cowboy film with the shakey out of focus camera. When they first appear walking across the hill in the formation and Chris checks behind him, ask any serviceman they will tell you that is a typical patrol formation and to have a guy at the back checking the rear.

The drums Will and Guy are banging are old military drums used in marching bands hundreds of years ago when soldiers used to march to battle.

The part when they are all round the piano singing, it is in fast forward just like old footage from world war 1, so many films of soldiers gathered round a piano singing and dancing.

And at the end when Chris is in the snow to me that looks like a wounded soldier trying to make it back and struggling. Maybe im looking into to much.

And there clothes aswell very heavily military influenced, the epelets on the shoulders, Chris's trousers with the stripe down the side are very very 1700's military style. Say what you will but seems to me the video was planned to be hinting war or soldiers in some shape or form.

Very well directed video and definetly interesting, I think Chris walking down a street singing was getting old, not that Fix you was bad is still one of my favourites.

to quote someone a thousand posts ago, if you look at the old Monkeys tv show they did a lot of the same schtick. going up sand dunes in military outfits, fast motion around the piano. this is back in the late 60's and early 70's so probably no one here know s of this stuff..Christ, i am either dating myslef or i watch way too much TVLand.

Lots of us remember that! Lol unless I'm way too old for this forum at the grand old age of 32 and I'm the only one who grew up on repeats of those grand old Monkees :)

There sure are influences there, but I see more of the Beatles (who also did a lot of that stuff) especially with the psychadelic, fractured feel (see the Strawberry Fields vid for more of that) and the military alter-egos (Sgt Peppers).

Long live this vibe - love it!

<edit> Glen, you are absolutely spot on, don't worry! Another point - and perhaps it'sd just me, but I worry that the military theme's going to be too forced on the album. It was great on VH, but VLV also hammers it home. I just hope it's more subtle on the other tracks, but the album cover (though it's fine in itself) doesn't fill me with confidence...