✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Jul-08: Las Vegas - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya the green lights were cool..........dont u miss the old days sometimes :)

in some ways yes and in others no :laugh3: I want the green lasers back but if having them back means I can't have the new album then I'll do without :)

and i think the killers were there also

I knew it :D

Oh, how has no one mentioned Guy's robot vocoder voice during Chinese Sleep Chant? That was awesome.

You should read reviews from other shows :P

I'm loving that song even more live, it's hypnotising

I think it's great they're changing the acustic song in each city, so you don't know what to expect =)

i see green lasers in one of those faraway pics! Please someone tell me they started using them in Clocks again

Dunno about this show, but they did use green lasers at the San Jose show the other day...I don't think it was during Clocks though. :\

I went and I thought it was a great show! The only thing I would have loved to hear another slow song like Amsterdam but that isn't a complaint.

Chris also did seem very tired, both my husband and I thought so. I can see why though after the non-stop schedule. He forgot like a line to one of the songs (I honestly cannot remember which one right now) an he said "Wow, that was really embarrassing!"

I loved hearing Green Eyes and Death Will Never Conquer.....will has a spectacular voice, who would have thought....!

So to expand on my early review...I gave a 6.5/10. It was a good Coldplay concert, I am satisfied with my evening. Was it a great Coldplay concert? No, I can't say it was for me! But I have seen Coldplay headline Glastonbury and other memorable gigs in Australia, Italy, UK and US. So given past experience, this ranked as good. I mean everything was there, nice set-list, light show, stage, effects but it just felt like coldplay by numbers, the check list was ticked but inspiration lacked, though there was perspiration. I went to LA on Monday and thought that was a better performance.

I thought the sound was off early in the set-Chris was trying to sort out the vocals with his tech. But the first two to three songs his vocals were off due to technical problems-which got fixed. But generally, I thought he sounded and looked tired-far less chatty than he usually is. It is a personal opinion but I think they should cut back on their touring/promoting schedules. They really do overload themselves and the effects of just one week of touring showed. I just got a general impression that this could be their last world tour for a long time! I can't explain it, but it was like watching 'the verve' before they split-up. There was some unexplainable strained tension to the performance. Maybe it is some cabin fever. Hopefully they can rest and relax!!

But the highlights were the new material and some interesting mix-ups of older songs. It is nice how they actually use the arena and perform thru it. I can't really name a stand out moment song, I have 3 or 4!

So all in all it was very good by most standards-just a good by coldplays much higher standards. Was it worth $100? Yeah, for front row seats next to the stage it was well worth it!