✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everybody!!!! Just got back from the concert.

Once again the show was just amazing! Coldplay sounded great :D

Chris' voice was just perfect and he seemed happy!

Ok as to the setlist, it was exactly the same as yesterday with one exception. In between the Escapist and Green Eyes. They played a NEW SONG! It was short (about one minute and a half) and I think that Chris said that the song was not finished yet. I couldn't really hear what Chris was saying about this song because the crowd in my section was going absolutely wild. Perhaps someone who was there and could hear better could explain. This new song sounded amazing, it reminded me of Death Will Never Conquer. I hope someone got it on video.

Then something very strange happened. After this new song the boys started playing Green Eyes. All of a sudden Guy left the stage!!!! I don't know what happened. About a minute into the song, Chris kept saying "Guy please come back and finish the song with us"--- but Guy never came back. Chris, Johnny and Will finished the song without Guy. At the end of the song Chris said "we dedicate this song to our bassist Guy-- wherever he is" Then the show ended. So again not sure what happened there.

Finally the crowd was definitely better than yesterday. They were dancing and singing even to new songs like Yes, 42, and Strawberry Swing. Also they performed Lost! twice and Chris explained that it was for there next video.

Ok as to the setlist, it was exactly the same as yesterday with one exception. In between the Escapist and Green Eyes. They played a NEW SONG! It was short (about one minute and a half) and I think that Chris said that the song was not finished yet. I couldn't really hear what Chris was saying about this song because the crowd in my section was going absolutely wild. Perhaps someone who was there and could hear better could explain. This new song sounded amazing, it reminded me of Death Will Never Conquer. I hope someone got it on video.

Then something very strange happened. After this new song the boys started playing Green Eyes. All of a sudden Guy left the stage!!!! I don't know what happened. About a minute into the song Chris kept saying Guy please come back and finish the song with us but Guy never came back so the Chris, Johnny and Will finished the song without Guy. At the end Chris said "we dedicate this song to our bassist Guy-- wherever he is"

So again not sure what happened there.

Finally the crowd was definitely better than yesterday. They were dancing and singing even to new songs like Yes, 42, and Strawberry Swing. Also they performed Lost! twice and Chris explained that it was for there next video.

WHAAAAAT?! :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Is it The Goldrush??

Or....OMG, A NEW NEW SONG?!

GaaaaH! You lucky lucky lucky people in Chicago! :cry: :)

And Guy left the stage?? Oh dear...I wonder what happened...

Guest LiquidSky

Then something very strange happened. After this new song the boys started playing Green Eyes. All of a sudden Guy left the stage!!!! I don't know what happened. About a minute into the song, Chris kept saying "Guy please come back and finish the song with us"--- but Guy never came back. Chris, Johnny and Will finished the song without Guy. At the end of the song Chris said "we dedicate this song to our bassist Guy-- wherever he is" Then the show ended. So again not sure what happened there.

That sounds dramatic! I want to know what happened?! Can't wait for rodie42 hahaha.. and a new song?! Next video?!:o *gets all excited*

YAY! That means a new video is coming out and it's LOST! That song rocks live, man! You didn't take any pictures of my love Jonny>?:idea2: *waits* :D