✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Sep-2008: Koln Arena ,Cologne - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ yeah those people TOTALLY SMELLED!

okay, back to the concert! We stood there at the very front, and we had really much space around us! Nobody was pushing or angry, everything was nice, quiet and relaxed. We sat down there for an hour, looking at the roadies who were everywhere. Then the first band came on, it was okay, well, we stood right infront of the bass box, so we only listened to a loud *BOOM BADABOOMBOM* the whole time :lol::laugh3:

They played a few rock songs, nice for the warm up, and THEEENNNN....

...the arena darkened! We listened to a Waltz (I think?) and I was like:"Oooh yeah, now it begins!" and THEN I saw Roadie #42 walking over the stage!:lol: He played a little bit on Chris' keyboard and laughed, then he went over AT OUR PLACE to the corner of the stage and placed there a little camera or something like that! I think, well I HOPE, that he will post a little video of the beginning of the show, maybe Julia and me will be on the vid then, yay :P

Roadies dissappeard, the giant curtain moved down, magicballs over our heads, roadies in the light machines hanging above our heads (it looked just crazy) and then LIT went out of the big sound boxes. The arena went bonkers, and we too of course!

Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will started the show really awesome, Chris was jumping around (as always ^^) and well, IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE! Because it was our first Coldplay concert, we can't really concentrate on everythig now! I will just write down the most important things which I kept in my mind, okay?

Those songs here are NOT in order, because my brain is pudding right now :dead:

So they played LIT, Violet Hill, Clocks, SOS, Strawberry swing, VLV, GPASUYF (techno version), Hardest Part (piano), Talk (again this remix on the funky light stage), Postcards from far away, cemetries of london, 42, reign of love, then up in the arena, they played The scientist, Death will never conquer me, Lost! LIJ, Death and all his friends, and they played an Encore, YELLOW!

... more info following

Thanks so much Thalia for your review! :nice:

Confusing, I tell you! Then we were again squished together, and SUDDENLY, those people who got a yellow wristlet went past us really fast, and one of these people who we met at first and were friends with asked them "Hey, where are you going?!" and one of these guys said:"Well, we're going to the first block of the concert hall, because we have these yellow things here"... in other words, the security people just handed them out RANDOMLY, no matter if you were waiting infront of the arena for 12 hours or 12 minutes!!!:angry::veryangry2:

Wow I can't believe that! :shocked2: Now I'm worried about the next concerts. Thanks so much for the explanation. Now it's no surprise for me.

no strawberry swing :(
They did play Strawberry Swing. The only song from VLV they didn't play was Yes.

The concert was awesome. I especially liked the part where the band ran off into the crowd to play The Scientist. And we mustn't forget: they played CoL again:)

Thanks so much Thalia for your review! :nice:

Wow I can't believe that! :shocked2: Now I'm worried about the next concerts. Thanks so much for the explanation. Now it's no surprise for me.

don't worry, as soon as we're arrive on sunday, i'm gonna ask the security if they're planning anything like that.

quite the same happened to me at a robbie williams gig two years ago, and yeah, it's annoying...

They did play Strawberry Swing. The only song from VLV they didn't play was Yes.

The concert was awesome. I especially liked the part where the band ran off into the crowd to play The Scientist. And we mustn't forget: they played CoL again:)

i want them to play Yes it shouldn't be forgotten!:(

Yes RoL was full played! Chris also spoke a little bit german, and said, that his german is.. well.. VERY bad :D He sounded so cute! And he said "Unglaublich!" (unbelievable!) when everybody was singing this "Lalalalalalaleyyyy" of CoL, his face went -> :o Awesome! :D

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention in my place, Chris again introduced Jonny as his best friend, and when Chris walked down the long catwalk, he was rolling around there, HAHA so funny (I think he layed/sit/rolled over there at the end of Viva la Vida, and he animated us all to keep the OOOH OOHO OOOH and he was enjoying it, while laying on the ground :D)

Some review now :)

Well, first of all the T-shirts were sooo expansive, but anyway I bought one. :P (30 € each). So we went to our seats, when 10 minutes later Albert Hammond Jr startet to play, and imo they were great! They played for like 40-45 minutes. After them the guitars and drums got tuned by some people, which took like 30 minutes.

There was a Jay-Z song in the background and some classical famous song. A pitty that I dont know the name of the title. :inquisitive:

But it was just sooooo funny when suddenly a guy stood up from his seat in the front of us and acted like he was conducting the hole KolnArena and all people in the upper seats were clapping and cheering for him, UNBELIEVEABLE really. :D

After that Life in Technicolor startet and the guys ran up the stage and the obligatory curtains liftet up. Chris later spoke some german sentences, which he did really great actually. :)

After song like Clocks, In My Place and Speed of Sound, they played Reign of Love, which was wonderful.

Chris also said that our background singing after Fix You was, "so fucking incredible today"

He played The Hardest Part and Letters from far Away on piano on the b-stage and right after they startet Viva La Vida, when Chris ran back to the a-stage.

After DAAHF, their officially "last song", they came for an encore to play finally Yellow.

Résumé:

TOTALLY AWSOME, never been to a concert before and it was just smashing, im stinking to sweat and gotta take a shower now :D