✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Sep-2008: Koln Arena ,Cologne - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I thought I'd let you know that I'm torrenting the audio tape of this at dimeadozen. Great show. I had low expectations after the horrible show at Fuehlinger See last time, but this one was AMAZING!

Here's the link to the recording:http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=214223

iqgbhi.jpg

2e2mnbq.jpg

Hey guys I thought I'd let you know that I'm torrenting the audio tape of this at dimeadozen. Great show. I had low expectations after the horrible show at Fuehlinger See last time, but this one was AMAZING!

Here's the link to the recording:http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=214223

iqgbhi.jpg

2e2mnbq.jpg

That's awesome! Thanks ;)

it IS funny ! but oh well.. at least he's not faking the bass playing .. right ? :uhoh: :P

and just realised you have now a Coldplay related avatar AND sig :nice: Long time it didnt happen !

I thought of this again-----and maybe he continued playing with one hand because he kept one hand at the piano....but that isn't really possible, because the tune didn't change and suddenly he was playing with 2 hands again ....:wacky:

My highlights yesterday:

Cemeteries Of London - Chris' incredible voice performance and the instrumental part are much better then on the album.

Politik - fantastic, one of my best 3 CP songs but listen to it live gives me a happiness that is hard to describe.

All in all a great concert, in some parts to loud but the song list was perfect. I just missed Amsterdam and AROBTTH but they can't play all the stuff ;)

don't worry, as soon as we're arrive on sunday, i'm gonna ask the security if they're planning anything like that.

quite the same happened to me at a robbie williams gig two years ago, and yeah, it's annoying...

But what if the security guys don't tell the truth like what they did to Thalia? :\ Well don't meet trouble halfway, you're right. Let's ask them... :)

Ok so here is my review:

It was not the night of my life.

I felt totally different than I did back in 2005. It was not that touching. The show was incredible, yeah, but maybe the fact that there was a big big big show didn't make it as touching as I thought it would be. But it made me happy. Really really happy. I danced a lot.....

But let's start at the beginning.

everything started with anger. I don't have to explain the problem, because Thalia already explained it. We were not lucky enough to get one of these yellow wristbands, so we stood right behind the 2nd barrier (on Jonny's side). At first I was angry, but then it was ok. We saw everything.

At 8pm Albert Hammond Jr. hit the stage. He was ok. Quite loud, but the music was better than I expected. I took the time to get the right settings on my camera. And it didn't work. All pics I took were crap. You couldn't see anything. That made me a bit disappointed, but it was ok at that moment.

Mr Hammond left the stage quite fastly and the roadies started to prepare the last things for the big show. The curtain went down and the crowd started clapping and all that audience stuff. And then there was this Jay - Z song first and the waltz afterwards. And then there was Colplay. The first tones of "Life in Technicolor" appeared and the curtain went down. The crowd was going mad! Right after that they played "Violett Hill". Can't remember if there was anything special about that.

And then there was "Clocks". How long did I wait for this moment? Listen to this song live with this great laser light show. I loved it, but it didn't blow me away as much as I thought.

"In my place" was great. First there was this Jonny smile (awwwwww:blush:) and then I took out my camera to try it again and got this:

sl701786ir5.th.jpg

sl701788eb6.th.jpg

sl701789vz1.th.jpg

I seriously couldn't believe it. My camera was working! I took the first pic of Jonny and became incredibly happy as I saw it. I jumped in the air had a big big smile upon my face and showed the pic to my sister. Haha how happy I was only because of a pic....

"Speed of sound" was the next song. Really good. The big balls came down the ceiling and there were certain patterns on them.

And then: "Cemeteries of London" Mr. Guy Berryman's big performance at the piano. He sat down and my sister said to me "uuuhuuuuuhuuuu he is going to play the piano" (note: we always had to look at him, because he is so funny for some reason and sexyyy of course...:wink3:), so he sat down and started playing really concentrated and then after 3 seconds he stood up (the piano was still playing) and sat down again and continued "playing"...we couldn't stop laughing:lol:

"Chinese Sleep Chant" and "42" followed. Can't say anything special about that....same as "reign of love"...

when they started playing "Fix you" the crowd was getting crazy. Everybody was singing along. It was a great feeling.

"Strawberry Swing" another great moment for Berryman. Will and him started clapping (this motivation clapping for the audience) and OMG this pose was so unique. Guy Berryman the coolness himself standing there and clapping. My sister and me couldn't stop laughing, because he was looking as if they said before the show: "Ok so we've got Jonny playing the guitar and Chris singing. But Will and Guy what should you do meanwhile?Ahhhh I have an idea, you two clap." and Guy thinks "whaaaa no I'm not bothered to do so. Stupid clapping...mimimimimiiiiii" haha . This man is THE man!(haha I love him).Oh and btw. except for this clapping the song was really boring...:uhoh:

Then they went to the b-stage. Unfortunately we were standing on the wrong side, because they played on Guy's side.

I really enjoyed the new versions of "GPASUYF" and "Talk" and I had the feeling as if the audience didn't. Everyone around me was just standing there and watching and I was dancing. I liked the electronical touch of it (where can I find an audio of this?). My sister said she didn't like it at all.

Chris piano session was really nice. "The Hardest part" is much much better in this version and "Postcards from far aways" was sweet, too. Chris invented a new dance before thp. The duck dance. He said he looked stupid anyways and with this dance he did even more, but he kept doing it. It looked really funny.

"Viva la vid" blew away everyone. For sure. There is not much to say about this. It was so energetic, esp. with those kettledrums.

Same as "Lost".

After that Chris said goodbye. I was like WTF? That's it???it surely wasn't.

Nobody knew where they did go. And suddenly there was this spotlight somewhere in the audience. It was incredible. They were standing in the middle of the crowd (not really in the middle) and played their acoustic set....

Here are some pics:

sl701821sx4.th.jpg

sl701823hq3.th.jpg

sl701830ju1.th.jpg

sorry for the quality, but they were really far away, as yu can see in the last pic.

In this set there was my first highlight of the show. My first "touching" highlight. "The scientist". This was the first moment where I could have started crying. I didn't expect that it would touch me this much. I thought I'd like the normal version more.

"Death will never conquer" was sooooo sweet. Will is a great singer and so talented. You just had to dance and smile during this song:D

They went down again and there was this strange Viva la vda remix. well, it was a bit too much techno. "Politik" was amazing as usual.

AND THEN: "Lovers in Japan". The best moment at this night. I never really listened to this on CD. But it just blew me away. And I think I'll NEVER forget the moment when the butterflies came down. First everyone tried to catch them. I loved it, I felt like a child who wanted to get the most butterflies. And then there was such a magical moment: I looked in the air, the butterflies were flying on my face. It was dark, the music was in the background and all I saw were these butterflies. I can't describe the magic of this moment. I had tears in my eyes. I wanted to cry, but I could stop myself from doing it. It didn't feel anything than happiness in this moment and I wished it would never have endend:heart:....

"Death and all his friends" was amazing. Same as "Yellow" ...the crowd went crazy again.

It was over so fastly. But I wasn't sad when it was. I still felt this happiness.

To sum it up: Amazing, perfect show (but not as touching as former shows). Nice moments. "Lovers in Japan" my personal highlight.

I don't really know what else I should tell you, it's quite hard to write a review if you are not as blown away as others maybe are...

Man of the night: Mr. Guy Berryman (imo:P)

so, here are some more pics. Enjoy:nice:

sl701804rj3.th.jpg

sl701807ba2.th.jpg

sl701809gc8.th.jpg

sl701815ws4.th.jpg

sl701816kl2.th.jpg

sl701837lt4.th.jpg

sl701844bo0.th.jpg

sl701847gx9.th.jpg

^My personal pic of the night!

sl701856oh5.th.jpg

sl701863ul8.th.jpg

sl701870ei6.th.jpg

so, after writing this much I can't really say anything more about this concert...Maybe because I'm tired now...Or because of feeling nothing special instead of excitment....this is the strange thing...I'm not excited at all....I also wasn't directlyafter the cocnert. It was nice, I had fun, I was happy and that's it.

Awwww thanks Julia for the big review!!! :nice:

it IS funny ! but oh well.. at least he's not faking the bass playing .. right ? :uhoh: :P

and just realised you have now a Coldplay related avatar AND sig :nice: Long time it didnt happen !

HA!I found a video of it.....if you have a close look at the right side of the video you can see Guy standing up..:P

:laugh4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6StpUndyu98

edit; he does it at the time of 0:54...ahahahha and listen to Chris laughing after the first "lalalalalay"

great pics above....:stunned:

guys do you really need to quote all those long posts and pictures?

it takes 20 mins for some of us for the pages to load,with all the pictures quoted 50 times, and the 20 miles long reviews!

Anyway,great pictures and great reviews.

I just can't believe that NOBODY here likes reign of love that much to record it....oh well :)

I'm finally back again. I don't have too much time to write right now but the concert was just amazing. The best concert of Coldplay that I have seen.:D

I was lucky enough to get one of those writbands and I ended up in the second row(in front of Guy), so I was very close to the stage.

One of my highlight was besides "viva la vida" and "the scientist", "the hardest part" it really blew me away:)

There were quite a lot cameras filming the show, does anbody know if we will be able to see this material?

Here are my fist pictures(I hope they are not too big??), I'll upload more in the afternoon. I also have videos of the beginning of "fix you", clocks" and "the scientist". I can upload them as well if anyone ist interested.

1040589go6.jpg

1040583br0.jpg

Hi guys, I'm awake now (I had a dream of Jonny and Chris, who wanted to give an autograph on my arm, but then they wrote about 100 signatures all over my body :laugh3: ), so I'll tell you something about last night.

We were standing in the 2nd row just in front of Jonny and Chris. I had a great view, though I'm not very tall...

I went crazy when LiT started. The fact that they were standing only 2,3 meters in front of me was unbelievable.

They started with Violet Hill and then played Clocks, which was amazing as always. In my place was one of my favorite songs yesterday, Chris got really close to us and Jonny smiled. :)

The next songs were Speed of Sound and CoL. Chris was like "Unglaublich, unglaublich..." and then he laughed in that strange way.. like wohohoho :D (I have a video of that ;))

I'd never thought Chinese sleep chant sounds so good live!

42 was next, and you saw Chris singing on the big screen in the back. It was amazing! After the piano-part jumped off his piano-seat backwards (!?), well, it looks like it in my video.

The next song was Reign of Love, wow!! But they didn't play the whole song. And Yes, i have a video of that! Thought there wouldn't be so many videos of it, so i recorded it. (I have like 18 videos of the evening, but not always the whole song.)

The crowd went crazy when they played Fix You! Everybody was singing along!

Strawberry Swing was good aswell, but i prefer the album-version. It doesn't sound so good live, imo. I had the feeling Chris smiled at me in this song, but I wasn't sure. He looked in my direction like 5 sec. or so, but it seemed much longer. After that i was sure, that i'd been dreaming, why should he stare at me such a long time? But after the concert my mother asked me why chris had been looking at me in such a strange way and i was like wtf? :stunned:

Then they played on the b-stage and I couldn't see them anymore. Chris showed us his new dance :lol: He said something like "It's very easy and i looks stupid, but it's my new dance.." or so. The Talk- and Gpasuyf- dance version were really good, but what i loved more was the The Hardest Part-Piano version. My eyes fillt with tears when I heard it. It sounded so great!!!

I've got a video of Postcards from far away, too. Nice song!

When they played Vlv, EVERYBODY was dancing and singing along. I think it had the best vibes (??).

Lost! was amazing aswell.

Scientist and Death will never conquer were nothing special imo, they were at the c stage in the crowd.

Politik, Lovers in Japan and Daahf were all three absolutely amazing. I was dancing all the time. Chris said something like "This is probably our last song" and when they came back with yellow "Okay, it wasn't the last song."

Yellow was really good and I took a lot of pictures then, because of the lights...

Then it ended with The Escapist, but it was only the album-version, not chris singing live.

I uploaded [ame=http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-rdzk0Jq0]42[/ame] .

It's not when they're doing 22 dates all over Europe in only 30 days. They'll burn themselves out.

The setlist is a decent size and has grown since the tour started.

I'd rather see a show where they give it their all, utilise the whole of the arena by using different stages, ramps etc. than an overly long show where they're getting bored.