✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

42 PREVIEW!!!

sebrat

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the vocal-lessness is genius on their part, really! it doesn't give too much away, but it shuts us up. well, it doesn't shut us up, OK, but...it gives us more to chew on than before.

i'm surprised that i LOVE it so far, because i like the "pretty" stuff like VLV more, but i'm really intrigued by this one. it's like a mix of X&Y, radiohead, and a TINY pinch of their very very old stuff, which i looooove.

i think the vocal-lessness is genius on their part, really! it doesn't give too much away, but it shuts us up. well, it doesn't shut us up, OK, but...it gives us more to chew on than before.

i'm surprised that i LOVE it so far, because i like the "pretty" stuff like VLV more, but i'm really intrigued by this one. it's like a mix of X&Y, radiohead, and a TINY pinch of their very very old stuff, which i looooove.

Chelsea, this is just turning out to be a banner day for you isn't it??:) Can't wait to hear which question of yours Ben asked!

Wow this sounds so different from what we've heard so far. This is definitely the X&Y sound rubbing off on them still. But it was only 30 second clip so who knows what the rest sounds like. Hopefully some vocals that can be sung to the rafters ;)

btw - they mention in the description that the album is "a step, rather than a leap, forward"

i'm now banking on a 3- or 4-star review from them, unfortunately

Just 'cause it isn't a leap forward doesn't mean it's bad. X&Y wasn't even a step forward as far as I'm concerned yet it's probably my favourite Coldplay record.