✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

42 PREVIEW!!!

sebrat

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't hesitate to give in,lol. I figure if it's in Q, the band WANT us to hear it and get all excited for the whole song, and I wouldn't want to let the boys down!!*gets all excited*

I may have already said this in another thread, but is it just me, or has Will spent a lot of time working with new rhythms?? IMPRESSED!!

I didn't hesitate to give in,lol. I figure if it's in Q, the band WANT us to hear it and get all excited for the whole song, and I wouldn't want to let the boys down!!*gets all excited*

I may have already said this in another thread, but is it just me, or has Will spent a lot of time working with new rhythms?? IMPRESSED!!

Quote completely!

please rate the 42 preview from 1 to 10!!!

I am not hearing until full leak!!!

I would say 7.5, because it sounds very different, and I'm intrigued. I think it might be the most experimental thing we've heard so far, with the weird, almost out of time drumming, the edgy bassline and the bendy strings. I can't rate it higher or lower right now, but all I can say is that it sounds promising :wink:

I would say 7.5, because it sounds very different, and I'm intrigued. I think it might be the most experimental thing we've heard so far, with the weird, almost out of time drumming, the edgy bassline and the bendy strings. I can't rate it higher or lower right now, but all I can say is that it sounds promising :wink:

Ha well yeah, I'll rate what I've heard I guess. Can't rate the full song yet...

8/10 on the clip because we've finally heard A LOT more of Will and Jonny boy :D

Thank you guys!!!

It sounds really promising like Zemy said!!! Maybe this song is the reason why NOT everybody will like the new Coldplay sound!!!

I know you can't rate the full song yet! Nice hearing about Will and Jonny becoming the band's frontmen!

ok... to everyone who is trying not to listen to it... in all honesty the clip doesnt give away much so you might as well listen. its 30 seconds of just instrumental. but i guess i see why your trying not to as well.

i don't really know what to think. for me the clip is too short/i don't know the surroundings to this clip so i have no idea. it weirdly reminds me of i will posess your heart by death cab... not a good thing. haha but i still have tons of hope for this song. i really want to hear the piano part and how it leads up to this part. hmmm so much to think about!

how in gods name can anyone tell how good the song is gonna be by that sample.. doesn't the song change?

if this is how coldplay fans rate songs... then i'm freaked the fuck out.

Yeah, I'm just intrigued by how different it sounds. But I know the song is supposed to be epic so this is but a taste of what's to come.

Definitely 4/4 ... if you can't get it, use twice as many beats while you're going along with it- it works out eventually. The start doesn't work because they cut off something- a couple of beats are missing as it fades in.

Great find. Neat to see Guy finally get to show off his crazy funk skills. And that's the second song we've heard with a hiphop sort of beat... that works too.

I like it so far. :cool:

yeah i think everyone's going a little crazy here. its thirty seconds of whats supposed to be the most epic/long song on the album (besides maybe the two songs as one song thing). im interested to see what happens with the rest obviously. i dont want to tell people to chill out - be excited. but i myself will be waiting for something more sizeable to pass any judgement.

but yes, intriguing to say the least.

how in gods name can anyone tell how good the song is gonna be by that sample.. doesn't the song change?

if this is how coldplay fans rate songs... then i'm freaked the fuck out.

Haha no I rated the SAMPLE dude, obviously I'm not judging the whole song. I liked what I heard A LOT because we're finally getting a better taste of the other band members besides Chris and Jonny. And I forgot to mention you hear WAY more of Guy as well. The bass line is killer. But the sample gets an 8/10 cause it sounds different from the norm of Coldplay we're used to. I'm not saying I'm afraid of this new sound, but I'm definitely still getting used to it. If the sample sounded like rubbish then I would give it a rubbish rating. But nor is it a perfectly incredible sample of music that I would listen to over and over by itself. But it was still very cool for how short it was.

An 8/10 for the clip of Coldplay's new sound. ;)