✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Strawberry Swing is supringly my favoritetrack!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

zsub

The penny has finally dropped and, at last, I love this song! It's so understated and effortless, it's Chris at his absolute best. On some of the other tracks I think he tries too hard and it comes across as forced, but this feels so natural and honest; it's a beautiful song.

• 3 weeks later...
On some of the other tracks I think he tries too hard and it comes across as forced, but this feels so natural and honest; it's a beautiful song.

exactly, for me this song was my least favorite to begin, but as i kept listening, the carefree and wanton feeling becomes more and more infectious. This song is so natural that it is reminiscent of a child's innocence...almost nostalgic, a brilliant combination and wonderful song

(not sure if its my fav...but it certainly sets the tone of the album, even towards the end)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

strawberry swing is my favorite in viva la vida, though it's tied in first place with viva la vida

life in technicolor ii is also my other favorite

i hope strawberry swing gets released as a single with a music video. i'd love to be in a strawberry swing with guy :heart:

Strawberry Swing made me smile from the first listen and remains my favourite song on the album. I particularly like the lyric "people moving all the time/inside a perfectly straight line/don't you wanna just curve away?"; simple but so effective when Chris croons it in his best nostalgic daydream voice. I think the song captures brilliantly the way we look back on the past through rose tinted lenses (was it really a perfect day?).

I had the same reaction too!

That line from the song is my favorite, it evokes getting out of the routine, daring to be different, breaking the mold, dancing like nobody is watching, marching to the beat of your own drum...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
This song reminds me of Lilo & Stitch, hahahahaaha....I don't know, maybe it's the hawaiian vibe at the beginning, I know the first instrument is not a ukelele but it reminds me of one.

I think it's the perfect beach song, just lying on the sand looking at the sunrise/sunset

Thats funny! iI leaned how to play it on the ukulele! I cant do the little thingy jonny does but I do the chords SS is absolutely my favorite song still I don't know exactly why I suppse it's just the effect cerain moments are just beautiful

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not gonna lie, Strawberry Swing's my fav song off of Viva La Vida. Always has been. :) I'm a sucker for sweet songs, and what lyrics could ever get any sweeter than the ending lyrics to this song, "Now the skies could be blue, I don't mind, 'cause without you it's a waste of time."?? I actually made a poster with those words on it. :) Just lovely.

• 10 years later...

I remember the first time i hear this song, it's was this incredible music video. The music video was a story-telling and it's like a paint to defiles. This song was since a huge highlest of me since the teenage years. This song was a hugely inspired by African, Hispanic and Irish music and definitly hear how the latin american tour of 2007 inspire the sound and it's was so evident in this song. It's sound very incredible in the production. The strings also adds a plus of this song. A strong song and Chris voice was so haunting in this song.

• Like 1