✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lost!

Tonsu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! Sad but true. They really ruined it with the dreadful production. What on earth were they thinking of with those clunky Timabland-lite beats? Also, the song doesn't really go anywhere. You think it's going to build to something, but it actually doesn't. A huge disappointment. The acoustic version sounded so promising.

I thought it was gonna mimick Fix You or something but it is totally its own song and right the way through Jonny is amazing at how understated but haunting his guitar work is until he cuts loose with the solo. Great great song - like the rest of the album really.

Yeah the guitar solo is one of the best they'v ever done. And I like this version a lot its different and isn't just the same old same old the acoustic version is, which is still good, just like hearing new things from them. They obviously can make a song like the acoustic version in their sleep

I think Lost! is the worst song on the album and perhaps their worst ever. Coldplay have always been able to toe the line between sappy adult contemporary and hipster-approved alternative pretty deftly for me but this is a full blown cannonball into Starbucks territory. Bad lyrics and definitely overproduced. After five or six complete listens only this and Yes get skipped now.