✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this unbelievable. So i phoned up the BBC this morning and have been told that I have in fact been allocated tickets (numbered below 200) but they were never sent out, because apparently there was a problem with my address (?). I've been given a reference number and I am to print my original confirmation email and collect tickets on the door that night WOOOHOOO!!! I'm still worried though and won't believe it until i'm in the door...

If there is anybody else still wondering, I would say put your mind at rest and phone up because you may well have won tickets and miss out on an amazing gig because the beeb have ballsed up!

'If you never try, you'll never know...'

Ok, this unbelievable. So i phoned up the BBC this morning and have been told that I have in fact been allocated tickets (numbered below 200) but they were never sent out, because apparently there was a problem with my address (?). I've been given a reference number and I am to print my original confirmation email and collect tickets on the door that night WOOOHOOO!!! I'm still worried though and won't believe it until i'm in the door...

If there is anybody else still wondering, I would say put your mind at rest and phone up because you may well have won tickets and miss out on an amazing gig because the beeb have ballsed up!

'If you never try, you'll never know...'

So you're saying you never got an email or tickets... then you just phoned up the BBC, asked for tickets and they gave you some?

QUOTE=dfective;2397417]So you're saying you never got an email or tickets... then you just phoned up the BBC, asked for tickets and they gave you some?

No I never recieved an email to say I had won. What bugged me was the fact that on the original day of entry my confirmation was sent 3 times and I thought this was a glitch and didn't want this to be what stopped me winning. Then I started reading on here the times that everybody else had received their emails and realised that mine had come through a lot earlier than most people. Sandi102 said she had phoned up, so i thought why not? I got lucky I suppose :)

Just rang the bbc, they said that they've sent out 750 tickets.

Also, she told me that her manager told her that there were over 2000 applications in the first 10 minutes and thats just online they take bookings over the phone too!

Just rang the bbc, they said that they've sent out 750 tickets.

Also, she told me that her manager told her that there were over 2000 applications in the first 10 minutes and thats just online they take bookings over the phone too!

Well I don't know about that, I only know what i've been told by somebody called Geraldine working on the BBC studio audiences line this morning. I could give you my ticket numbers and 6 digit reference if you like? I know it sounds unlikely and I was amazed to be told that this morning, I still don't believe it myself and probably won't until i'm in there. Look if I go along and get turned away, i'll be the first to get on here complaining, I won't lie and say what an amazing gig it was!

Booked the train tix so am def going :D My return from Liverpool only cost £27, not bad at all!

I saw those Beyonce photos and emailed a flickr member who took some, and actually works for the BBC, he says they're really strict - basically no unauthorised photography at all on site. He took some pretty amazing photos from outside the fence! Must have a nice DSLR. But he said thay they wouldn't take a compact off you or anything, but be prepared to be told off. I'm gonna take my camera but will understand if they tell me to stop.

Oh and another thing - were the tickets allocated on a first come first serve basis? Cos it was actually my bf who won (I entered us both - same email, different home addresses, and I entered first but don't seem to have won!) Maybe they just looked at the email and picked one of the addresses to post to. Hmmm. Debating whether to ring and check we don't have another pair. Does anyone have a landline number?

Well I don't know about that, I only know what i've been told by somebody called Geraldine working on the BBC studio audiences line this morning. I could give you my ticket numbers and 6 digit reference if you like? I know it sounds unlikely and I was amazed to be told that this morning, I still don't believe it myself and probably won't until i'm in there. Look if I go along and get turned away, i'll be the first to get on here complaining, I won't lie and say what an amazing gig it was!

My comment wasn't directed at you. I believe that you have tickets. My sister didnt get tickets so i rang up to see if what happend to you had happend to her too. I have tickets so i asked her how many tickets they have allocated (just to see how likely it is that i get in) and the lady told me 750.

My comment wasn't directed at you. I believe that you have tickets. My sister didnt get tickets so i rang up to see if what happend to you had happend to her too. I have tickets so i asked her how many tickets they have allocated (just to see how likely it is that i get in) and the lady told me 750.

Sorry if that came across shitty. I was just a bit hyped this morning and I didn't post to antagonise people, i was just trying to encourage other people to phone up if they were unsure.

Didn't win any other tickets, just find it odd that I entered me before the bf! Shouldn't complain, at least we got some :) Also, apparently it finishes at 9? I hope that's wrong, got a train to catch from Euston at 9.10pm! Can't see them doing 2 hours anyway, especially as it has to start at 7 to go out on BBC2.

it starts at 7? im so tempted to go just to watch outside

You may as well! From looking at photos of Beyonce's gig there on flickr, there were quite a few watching at the fence, getting a decent view too! And you'll be able to take photos, whereas us lot inside probably won't be allowed :( Good job its being shown on TV!

You may as well! From looking at photos of Beyonce's gig there on flickr, there were quite a few watching at the fence, getting a decent view too! And you'll be able to take photos, whereas us lot inside probably won't be allowed :( Good job its being shown on TV!

wonna swap? you can take as many photos as you like ;)

joking lol. erm i might go, i have got an exam the next day though

well that sucks really wanting tickets and reading that some people arent even that bothered about going...

Who said that??!! :o

wonna swap? you can take as many photos as you like ;)

joking lol. erm i might go, i have got an exam the next day though

Haha, I just bought a new camera, dying to try it out! Take your revision with you, that's what I'm doing! ;)

I called up the bbc asking why i haven't got the tickets yet (because yes i still haven't got them today) and they were really sweet AND they had cool accents. But i feel really proud because i've got ticket numbers 13 and 14! which is pretty low considering i didn't get through until like 10.38 or something.

But yes. they had cool accents.

Are u guys doing a-levels? I just had my last one (french) today, it feels really weird!

waiiit... are people getting there really early!? because the guy on the phone told me to get there early at 4.30 to sort out my ticket shinnanigan but if people are getting there superly early surely i won't get to sort it out for ages?

also, do i need a reference number (to the person who was told to take a reference number and email instead of tickets)? cuz the guy gave me my ticket numbers and thats it.

sorry for all the questions!

I called up the bbc asking why i haven't got the tickets yet (because yes i still haven't got them today) and they were really sweet AND they had cool accents. But i feel really proud because i've got ticket numbers 13 and 14! which is pretty low considering i didn't get through until like 10.38 or something.

But yes. they had cool accents.

Are u guys doing a-levels? I just had my last one (french) today, it feels really weird!

Oooo! I did French today and it was my last A-Level and I'm going to the BBC! It's like we're the same person....:o

Unrelated but does anyone know how long they're gonna play for? Because personally I'm up for a little bit more than just the 45mins being shown on BBC2...