✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

waiiit... are people getting there really early!? because the guy on the phone told me to get there early at 4.30 to sort out my ticket shinnanigan but if people are getting there superly early surely i won't get to sort it out for ages?

I'm gonna get there for about 2 I think. I wouldn't worry about sorting out tickets too much... It's not gonna take an age.

And LOL @ you realising you know each other xD

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh gosh. I've just been looking at my tickets and in the excitement i never noticed that the wrong name and ticket number is on them! On the letter it says my actual name and that i should have 411-412 but the tickets are numbered 407-408 and say A Warren on them! HELP! What shall i do? And anyone out there called A Warren but with B Whalley's tickets?

Beth, prob best to phone the BBC first thing this morning. I'm sure they'll sort it. I didn't get tix, but i'm going to venture across in the hope i get to see the band. Can fans access the backstage door? As in just to stand outside, not to actually gain access?? hope that makes sense :confused:

Oh gosh. I've just been looking at my tickets and in the excitement i never noticed that the wrong name and ticket number is on them! On the letter it says my actual name and that i should have 411-412 but the tickets are numbered 407-408 and say A Warren on them! HELP! What shall i do? And anyone out there called A Warren but with B Whalley's tickets?

Does anyone know the difference between "Guarenteed entry" tickets and normal tickets. I got tickets 67-68 which had "guarenteed entry" printed on them and my brother got tickets "647-648" which did not have guaenteed entry printed on them.

will both tickets allow entry if we arrive in plenty of time or do the tickets without "guarenteed entry" printed on them only allow entry if there is enough room?

hmmm..guranteed entry means just that, so i'm assuming they may have 2 seperate queues? not sure, but i think ur brother can only get in if there are any places left.

i'm really miffed, because my reference no. was 101, and i didn't get allocated any tickets :cry::cry:

BTW I just want to say thanks Sandi for convincing me to phone up the BBC to claim the tickets that had been allocated for me and that they just hadn't bothered to inform me about (?!) Sorry you didn't have as much luck, but from reading the brixton thread it sounds like you had an amazing experience yesterday (me too) and anyway you've got the best seats in the house for the o2 in Dec havent you? cheers.

i've got tickets 130 + 131

I rang the BBC cos I was scared about not getting in.

the guy on the phone said they have NOT over ticketed for the event

don't worry.

He said that even the non-guaranteed ticketholders would definitely get in??? :o

Does anybody know what the situation with cameras is tomorrow, are we allowed to take them in or not? And even if we are not supposed to, is everybody on here take theirs anyway?!

I posted this a couple pages back: I saw those Beyonce photos and emailed a flickr member who took some, and actually works for the BBC, he says they're really strict - basically no unauthorised photography at all on site. He took some pretty amazing photos from outside the fence! Must have a nice DSLR. But he said thay they wouldn't take a compact off you or anything, but be prepared to be told off. I'm gonna take my camera but will understand if they tell me to stop.

i've got tickets 130 + 131

I rang the BBC cos I was scared about not getting in.

the guy on the phone said they have NOT over ticketed for the event

don't worry.

Hope that's right and that everyone with a ticket gets in! I suppose if worse comes to worse, there might be a decent view from the fence! :laugh3:

BTW I just want to say thanks Sandi for convincing me to phone up the BBC to claim the tickets that had been allocated for me and that they just hadn't bothered to inform me about (?!) Sorry you didn't have as much luck, but from reading the brixton thread it sounds like you had an amazing experience yesterday (me too) and anyway you've got the best seats in the house for the o2 in Dec havent you? cheers.

Yes, last night was a mesmerising experience i shall never forget. Not only did i get a front row view of the performance (you can see me, well kind of, standing next to Crazybuckette on the radio 1 web pics) but i met some amazing fans in the q. I must've missed you politik, but had I met you, I would've said the same! :D

I could've argued my case with the BBC, but I was on such a high from last night, that I let it go quite easily and I just hope that for all of you that are going tomorrow night, come away with the most overwhelming of feelings to have seen them in the most intimate of performances you'll EVER get to see. Enjoy folks!!

And yes, after last night, I can't wait for front row, middle block centre stage on the first night at the NIA in Dec. My son is going to wear a imitation of the Viva La Vida black jacket with coloured armbands. he's gonna look soooo cool!!:)

I spoke to the BBC ticket line and they HAVE over ticketed for this event. The guy didn't really suggest much apart from come early. I'm going to get there for 1630 as I have to leave school and catch the train. I hop I get in.

Can't wait!!

Beth, prob best to phone the BBC first thing this morning. I'm sure they'll sort it.

Thanks :) I rang them and they said that it shouldn't be a problem as they mostly don't look at the name on the ticket anyway. But I'm still a bit apprehensive as they seem to be giving totally opposite information about everything. I guess if they don't let us in then we'll just have to turn on the waterworks!