✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

How do they decide how to let you in. Is it simple check your ID against the name on the ticket, or do they have a guestlist and check your full name against your ID? I have a family memvr with the same surname and initials as me. Will he be able to get in?

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....have you tried ringing them to ask? Maybe someone who's been to a show there before might know.

Something unrelated....but is that Margaret in your avatar? ahahahahah! :)

I've phoned them twice now. Once to ask about the over-allocation, and once to ask if they'd be willing to transfer it to my mother, who shares the same surname as me obviously which is an unusual one. Both times there were extremely rude with me as if I had no right to be calling them, so I don't particularly want to do it again :(

I was hoping someone who had been to one of these BBC shows before would know :P

And yes it's margaret. She is my queeeeen :D

i won tickets to the BBC gig on the 18th, and i got the email guaranteeing them on weds the 11th. however, i still haven't received the actual tickets. its getting quite close to the 18th and i don't know what i should do...

Start a riot! :p

As tempting as that sounds... I was possibly thinking more along the lines of people being like "we haven't received the tickets yet either, we called and they said they would send them for monday".

Also, margaret is the greatest.

Call 08700100222 to speak to the BBC. They will be rude though... 2/2 rude rate so far for me :)

I was hoping someone who had been to one of these BBC shows before would know :P

As I said before, I went to two BBC recordings this year and nobody checked my (or other people's) ID. I really doubt they will check the names against a guestlist. They might just check it against the name on the ticket.

Given that this is going to be on a outdoor stage at the front of the BBC, if you haven't got tickets but live in the London area you may as well come along and stand outside the gates of the BBC on Wood Lane and watch - its a big stage facing the road and you should have an excellent view even from outside the grounds. Beyonce played an identical show 2 years ago - this is the stage set-up as seen from Wood Lane:

296740176_aefa1ce175.jpg

Just take the Central Line to White City, cross over the road outside and turn left to walk down to the gates.

Very helpful info there Drinky, thanks!

I'm wondering a lot about how much they've over-ticketed this. We know around 600 will get in, and my tickets are in the 630s.

Does anyone have tickets numbered higher than that (obviously post your approximate numbers and not exact ones just to be careful)?

Looks like it may be rainy for the gig, let's hope for a rainbow or two :)

Given that this is going to be on a outdoor stage at the front of the BBC, if you haven't got tickets but live in the London area you may as well come along and stand outside the gates of the BBC on Wood Lane and watch - its a big stage facing the road and you should have an excellent view even from outside the grounds. Beyonce played an identical show 2 years ago - this is the stage set-up as seen from Wood Lane:

296740176_aefa1ce175.jpg

Just take the Central Line to White City, cross over the road outside and turn left to walk down to the gates.

This helped loads! I live 10 minutes away so will head down, thankyou.

Drinky, mighty helpful post there. Thanx. Saves me having to take my A-Z. Anyone know whether its quciker taking the tube from Holborn to White City or a cab at 4.30ish? If i could have one super hero power it would be to fly.:D

296740176_aefa1ce175.jpg

As tempting as that sounds... I was possibly thinking more along the lines of people being like "we haven't received the tickets yet either, we called and they said they would send them for monday".

Also, margaret is the greatest.

Im the same!! i was really hoping the tickets would come 2day so we cud properly sort out how me an my freind are getting there, but looks like we'll have 2 wait an see if they come on monday. if they dont the BBC will be receiving a rather unpleasant phone call from myself :)

Drinky, mighty helpful post there. Thanx. Saves me having to take my A-Z. Anyone know whether its quciker taking the tube from Holborn to White City or a cab at 4.30ish? If i could have one super hero power it would be to fly.:D

Take the tube - Holborn to White City will only take you about 20-25 mins.

This may happen, instead of recieving your tickets. i took it from the confirmation email sent from the BBC:

"If you've applied for tickets for a show that's happening within the next four days, and you're successful, we'll call or email you to let you know that your name will be on the door. When you arrive, simply speak to a member of staff."

Hmm so i guess i'll wait til tomorrow to see if the tickets come through, and if not i'll call (though i'd feel a bit bad about getting stressy with them even though it's a free gig). At least i'm not the only one who hasn't got the tickets yet!

aakashnaik..... you were at the IOW weren't you, front row.... next to my mate Steph?

the name rings a bell! Sorry, of course if it isn't you!

Yep thats me , wow good memory , I remember there was a guy from Australia and someone called johnnywearsnicehats from this forum. Remember how awful Lou Reed was hehe

What time does everyone think it's necessary to get there in order to get in??

I'm starting to think we probably don't need to worry TOO much about not getting in. 600 will definitely get in, and the highest confirmed ticket number I've heard of so far is about 750. With all the people who can't go I'm hoping almost everyone will get in (if not everyone). That's unless we hear from here that someone has, say, ticket number 800 or upwards.

That said, I want to be fairly sure of getting in, I'll be arriving at half four or so with my sister.

This may happen, instead of recieving your tickets. i took it from the confirmation email sent from the BBC:

"If you've applied for tickets for a show that's happening within the next four days, and you're successful, we'll call or email you to let you know that your name will be on the door. When you arrive, simply speak to a member of staff."

So shud i go even if i havnt got the tickets an just take the email and id??

cos i live so far away i dont really wonna go an find that i cant get in lol

So shud i go even if i havnt got the tickets an just take the email and id??

cos i live so far away i dont really wonna go an find that i cant get in lol

Phone them first and get it all sorted out in advance.