✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Ok guys I just got back from the show.

First Coldplay was in top form!!! They were awesome and Chris sounded amazing!!!

Now some highlights:

When I got to the United Center there were cameras in my section. I was in Section 101. Security told me Coldplay was filming something. Later, during the show Chris said they were performing an old song and then a new song. I don't remember exactly but he said that the filming was for the new song. He said if we did good he would do the new song twice. The second performance of the song would be for the film. The old song was Yellow. The new song was Lost!. So we got Lost! twice during the concert. I am guessing Lost! will be the next single?

Also The Scientist (acoustic version) was performed from the back in Section 109.

And after they played the Escapist, it should have been the end of the show but Chris and Will came back to the stage. He said something about the other guys had left to a whore house :embarassed: Anyway Chris and Will performed Green Eyes.

Fix You was performed very early during the show.

Here is the setlist as best I remember:

Life In Technicolor (intro)

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

OFF STAGE AND ON THE FLOOR LEVEL

Chinese Sleep Chant

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

BACK ON STAGE

Speed Of Sound

Yellow

Lost!

Lost!

BACK OF ARENA IN SECTION 109

Scientist (Acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer

BACK ON STAGE

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death And All His Friends

The Escapist (outro)

UNPLANNED ENCORE

Green Eyes (Chris and Will Only)

Thanks!!!! :D

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats actually a really cool encore. i'm also not surprised about Lost! at all... it's definately getting the most mainstream attention out of all the songs on the album that aren't already a single. but... why are they filming for a Lost! video when we still dont have a VLV video?!?!?!?!?! grrrrrr.

Sorry more comments:

As I said in my earlier post. Coldplay was awesome. They sounded just perfect.

Unfortunately I must say that the crowd in my section was just awful. During the first few songs i.e. Violet Hill, Clocks, and In My Place, the crowd was ok. Then once Viva was played the crowd got a little better. However, things went downhill from there. First, can you believe that no one in the rows behind and in front of me in my section sang the Oooo part at the end of Viva La Vida :veryangry: I was furious. Then when the boys began playing Yes and 42 the crowd in my section sat down. Some people in front of me pulled out there blackberries and were doing some work! :shocked2: A lot of others went to get a beer or go for a bathroom break! I was horrified. As for me, Yes is one of my favorite new songs and the boys did not disappoint. I loved it. They do an extended instrumental part at the end of Yes that sounds very good. I am trying to remember but I think that it was at this point that the boys played Fix You which surprised me because based on the few other shows so far, Fix You generally comes at the end. During Fix You, all seemed well because everyone got up and started singing. Then Strawberry Swing was played and everyone in the rows near me in my section sat down again. Strawberry Swing sounds amazing live. It's very upbeat. The crowd came a little more alive when the boys moved to the floor of the arena for CSC and GPASOYF.

However, finally, the crowd went completely wild once Yellow was played. I think that like in San Jose, that this was the point that the crowd really got into the concert. During Yellow people were screaming, dancing and clapping. I think Chris looked relieved. As I mentioned earlier before Yellow was played Chris said that they were filming a video for there next song. So I think that this may have contributed to the crowd finally coming alive. During the second performance of Lost, everyone was into it cheering and clapping to the beat of the song.

Then the boys moved the back of the arena for an acoustic version of the Scientist. The crowd again was happily singing and clapping. At the end of the song though Chris said that they were trying new things in Chicago and he said that it was the first time they performed the Scientist in that version and that it would probably be the last. :( Not sure what he was talking about though because the song sounded amazing.

Also, I was so excited that Chris and Will came back at the end of the show for one more song. I totally lost it and was screaming so loud that I think that the people in my section might have been slightly annoyed. :\ Oh well I was there to have a good time not just sit there.

So in conclusion the show was just amazing. I am going to see them tomorrow again. :D

I'm seriously jealous of everyone who's heard Politik on this tour. My DH and I will be in Europe in September and I've been looking at the tour dates around that time. Otherwise, we'll probably try to make it to a Saturday gig sometime in November.

OK Lori and I went down to the United Center early this afternoon to see if we could catch them coming in for sound check. WE walk around to where the loading dock is and we see Miller walking up the drive way, by the time we could get over there, he was gone and not sure where he went. The guard was also gone. :wink3: We were waiting when some guy on a bike comes uo and starts talking to us. Then while he's there, first a white van with tinted windows pulls in and Lori is freaking because she could see someone with a hat on. It drives down to the back entry and people are getting out and going into the venue, they are too far for us to tell who it is. Then comes 2 black GMCs with windows so dark that you can't see anything inside. They drive down the ramp and the big doors open and they drive into the venue. A little while later, they come back out empty and park down there. Shit that was the band. So we are kinda easing our way down the drive way and here comes the security man who tells us to get back to the side walk. :angry: Then Lori says hay isn't that bike dude down there! OMG he must have been sent here to distract us! Security man drives down to him and tosses him out. We couldn't ever figure out how he got down there. We went and picked up Mel and when we got back to the venue, we drove up and turned around at that gate just to fuck with security guy. A cop comes up to the window and says we can't go there and we say "oh we're just turning around" and security guy tells the cop "They know they can't be here I already had to throw them out."

Mel and Lori had awesome seats, I had shit seats. I got busted twice by security for taping. Mel and Lori had a sign about Jonny and Chris started talking about it! :stunned: They would tell you about it themselves, but I think they're dead. :laugh3:

When we got there we saw signs saying we would be filmed but thought it was bullshit. Live Lost video woot! After they played The Scientist in the acoustic set I had lost all hope for Green Eyes. The Will Chris version was a total surprise. BEAUTIFUL! But Green Eyes without Jonny is just wrong wrong wrong! Shame on you Christopher Martin.

I was in section 5 and could not see anything. I just held my camera up as high as I could and shot video. I need to download it off my camera and see if any of it is worth a damn.

I have better seats for tomorrow night so rock on.

Mel and Lori had awesome seats, I had shit seats. I got busted twice by security for taping. Mel and Lori had a sign about Jonny and Chris started talking about it! :stunned: They would tell you about it themselves, but I think they're dead. :laugh3:

When we got there we saw signs saying we would be filmed but thought it was bullshit. Live Lost video woot! After they played The Scientist in the acoustic set I had lost all hope for Green Eyes. The Will Chris version was a total surprise. BEAUTIFUL! But Green Eyes without Jonny is just wrong wrong wrong! Shame on you Christopher Martin.

I was in section 5 and could not see anything. I just held my camera up as high as I could and shot video. I need to download it off my camera and see if any of it is worth a damn.

I have better seats for tomorrow night so rock on.

Mel and Lori had a sign about Jonny and Chris started talking about it! :stunned:

That WAS you guys?!?!

I actually said to my best friend that I wondered if the sign was from Coldplaying members!!!

Jonny is Slash except with less sexual...prowess. :laugh3: At least, according to Chris...

Mel and Lori had a sign about Jonny and Chris started talking about it!

HAHA I knew it was you guys! Right as Chris said "Jonny you have your own Fuckin sign" I looked at my friend and said ... yep thats them :)