✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angie and Lori are at United...they just saw Miller outside of the venue...they are waiting for him to walk back their way....

Also, be on the lookout for Phil once inside! He usually walks around with a few security people.

Have fun tonight everyone!

Hey I've just read Oxfam's tour blog and look what I found: :shocked2: :shocked2:

"The show is on film tonight. This huge crowd will get a special treat of a couple of songs twice, and a longer set. They’ve been setting up the ‘dolly’s’, cables, ‘risers’ & cameras strategically all day.. I think it’s gonna be special."

Did you know that????????????

Hey I've just read Oxfam's tour blog and look what I found: :shocked2: :shocked2:

"The show is on film tonight. This huge crowd will get a special treat of a couple of songs twice, and a longer set. They’ve been setting up the ‘dolly’s’, cables, ‘risers’ & cameras strategically all day.. I think it’s gonna be special."

Did you know that????????????

WHAT?! WHY DO THEY GET A LONGER SET?! :shocked2:

No fair. :(

Ok guys I just got back from the show.

First Coldplay was in top form!!! They were awesome and Chris sounded amazing!!!

Now some highlights:

When I got to the United Center there were cameras in my section. I was in Section 101. Security told me Coldplay was filming something. Later, during the show Chris said they were performing an old song and then a new song. I don't remember exactly but he said that the filming was for the new song. He said if we did good he would do the new song twice. The second performance of the song would be for the film. The old song was Yellow. The new song was Lost!. So we got Lost! twice during the concert. I am guessing Lost! will be the next single?

Also The Scientist (acoustic version) was performed from the back in Section 109.

And after they played the Escapist, it should have been the end of the show but Chris and Will came back to the stage. He said something about the other guys had left to a whore house :embarassed: Anyway Chris and Will performed Green Eyes.

Fix You was performed very early during the show.

Here is the setlist as best I remember:

Life In Technicolor (intro)

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

OFF STAGE AND ON THE FLOOR LEVEL

Chinese Sleep Chant

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

BACK ON STAGE

Speed Of Sound

Yellow

Lost!

Lost!

BACK OF ARENA IN SECTION 109

Scientist (Acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer (sung beautifully by Will :-))

BACK ON STAGE

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death And All His Friends

The Escapist (outro)

UNPLANNED ENCORE

Green Eyes (Chris and Will Only)

Ok guys I just got back from the show.

First Coldplay was in top form!!! They were awesome and Chris sounded amazing!!!

Now some highlights:

When I got to the United Center there were cameras in my section. I was in Section 101. Security told me Coldplay was filming something. Later, during the show Chris said they were performing an old song and then a new song. I don't remember exactly but he said that the filming was for the new song. He said if we did good he would do the new song twice. The second performance of the song would be for the film. The old song was Yellow. The new song was Lost!. So we got Lost! twice during the concert. I am guessing Lost! will be the next single?

Also The Scientist (acoustic version) was performed from the back in Section 109.

And after they played the Escapist, it should have been the end of the show but Chris and Will came back to the stage. He said something about the other guys had left to a whore house :embarassed: Anyway Chris and Will performed Green Eyes.

A whore house?!

GUY GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!