✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's up with chris's voice??

Aorian

Is there a reason why chris's voice sounds incredibly shaky on all the performances I've seen them do? I watched my live 2003 dvd yesterday and i was amazed at the difference in quality.... right now it sounds like his voice is just overused or tired?? or are the recordings bad quality and someone who was there can tell me hes doing fine?

Is there a reason why chris's voice sounds incredibly shaky on all the performances I've seen them do? I watched my live 2003 dvd yesterday and i was amazed at the difference in quality.... right now it sounds like his voice is just overused or tired?? or are the recordings bad quality and someone who was there can tell me hes doing fine?

They also have alot of tools to touch up the voice before a dvd release. Pitch correction, mastering plugs, etc..

His voice only seems to really be an issue with the new songs. The old ones still sound solid. Violet Hill and Lovers In Japan you can hear his voice being strained. Viva La Vida was similar in the beginning, now they play it with a vocal track behind him and it sounds so much better.

yeah, i've noticed it too. I think he's probably nervous to sing live again, since he hadn't done it in a while, and he's just getting used to the new songs, i think he'll get better, let's give him some time...

yep..i noticed that too..

i think he's still getting to know/familiarizing himself with these new songs..

i watch videos of him singing the new songs and towards the high notes i was nervous to find out if he can actually hit those high notes:worried2:..

luckily most of the times he did..

i kinda agree with you chicophi235, these new songs are indeed very challenging in terms of the vocals!

It wouldn't hurt if any of these sound guys gave Chris a little reverb. Those board mixes from the live things like the Today show are always pretty grim. Reeaally dry. I'm sure it'll be better once they're on the road with their own gear and soundmen.

To me he really looks a little bit TOO nervous. He's jumping around and waving arms and everything. To me it seems that he concentrates more on his movements than on his singing. :\ I miss the times, when he just stood there, lost in his music and singing that everybody melted...

I hope he get's better with each performance, I know he can do it better!

• Like 3

i think his voice is ok. he would never be freddie mercury or steve perry but he has his own style and i like his performance. and i dont want him to sound like the record its nice of him to change lyrics. if i want the record sound i have the cd to play it in my house

As someone else said Live 2003 will have been mastered and altered to make Chris' voice sound better.

It's been a bit rough recently, but he did damage it very badly a few years ago so I'm guessing maybe he has good and bad days. It is improving though, slowly but surely. There's a huge difference in his voice between the MTV awards and MSG. It sounded good in the Daily Show too. I think it sounded poor yesterday because his mic wasn't at the right volume, when that happens he has to shout, which obviously makes it suffer.

Its just the new songs in which his voice sounds off at times. Some of the new ones his voice sounds very very good in, others like Violet hill not so much [ personally i think the piano would improve the whole live version not a guitar]. However when they have sung the old songs so far this year his voice has been fine. He is just adapting to the new ones, along with nerves, singing and playing a instrument at the same time its only natural for the brain to concentrate on one more than the other, if he is playing a new song and he focusing on not mucking the insrtumental up his will loose focus on vocals. Its nothing to worry about just the same as with the last records, come the big concerts they will be good. All these free shows and tv shows are warm up's to fine tune everything, they dont want to jump straight into concerts otherwise people wont be happy with the quality of it.

i think there's something up with his voice. i think it could just be nerves. it doesn't help when he's jumping up and down like a loon tho! :laugh3: i think he's concentrating too much on being the front man, he should chill out and just sing. Bet you he's shit hot on the tour tho, I wouldn't worry :D