✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

New questions answered..

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Danny, Australia

Q. I am trying to find the video clip of the coldplay song will touch you or somthing like that.It was made about 3-4 yrs ago and it starts off really slow and intimate and as the clip unfolds and the song reaches it's crecendo the band ends up on stage live audience and completes the song.

The Oracle replies:

The song you're looking for is Fix You - the video can be viewed on You Tube. The live climax was filmed at Bolton's Reebok Stadium on July 4th/5th 2005.

------

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Zaituni, Tanzania

Q. What is the name of the song that goes "for some reasons I can't explain..."

The Oracle replies:

Viva la Vida

-----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Emanuel, Israel

Q. Where did the name Coldplay come from?

The Oracle replies:

The name originally came from a collected book of poems called Child's Reflections, Cold Play written by Philip Horky. The band came by it via Tim Crompton, a close friend of Chris, who first used the name for his band. When they no longer wanted it, the then Starfish asked if they could use it. Tim is now in The High Wire. The book has become somewhat of a collector's item in recent years due to the band's popularity. Philip Horky is now a fan (not because of increased sales necessarily, he likes the music).

----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by sharon Harper, United Kingdom

Q. My Little person has a song in her head from her leaving assembly at school it's called 24 hours (she thinks) here are some lyrics 'people rushing left there's pretty faces left to right and you just take it all into your stride, faster thatn the speed of light, I'm holding on, I'm holding tight cos stars are gonna crash into this place....'Who is it by and what is it called? It's driving us all nuts! Thank Meester Oracle Sir xx

The Oracle replies:

It is indeed called Twenty Four Hours and is by UK band Athlete, taken from their album Tourist. FYI the man who signed Coldplay to EMI - Dan Keeling, also signed Athlete.

----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Kati, Poland

Q. Why song 'Amsterdam' is called like the city - Amsterdam?

The Oracle replies:

The answer to this Kati is a simple one. The song Amsterdam was so named as it written in Amsterdam.

haven't these people heared of a small thingy called google?! :shocked2:

Dear Oracle.

I'm a huge fan of Lovers in Japan :)

But bearing in mind the overwhelming travel preferences of our friends in the Land of the Rising (Osaka) Sun, shouldn't the lyric read 'lovers, keep on the train you're on'??? :confused:

Yours

Kimchi xxx

Dear Oracle,

Clocks is a hugely impressive track, I love it :) But I'm extremely concerned about the risks Chris is taking to make such fine music for all us fans. I wouldn't like to see him injured, and if the waves really are that dangerous my friend has a small boat (with an engine) that he could use next time. It's silly to take such risks for a good tune, don't you think?

Equally, there's little point trying to tame tigers in this day and age when Barkins' circus is just down the road from me right now and I still have a spare ticket, just say the word and Chris can join us (as long as he buys the drinks...)

Oh, and his pathological fear of lights going out? They have these new energy-saving lightbulbs that are good for ten years or so, so no worries there!!

Yours

(part-time problem solving oracle) kimchi

xxx

oops, hope no one here thought I meant Kimchi's awesome question, that one is just Brill.

Dear Oracle,

Clocks is a hugely impressive track, I love it :) But I'm extremely concerned about the risks Chris is taking to make such fine music for all us fans. I wouldn't like to see him injured, and if the waves really are that dangerous my friend has a small boat (with an engine) that he could use next time. It's silly to take such risks for a good tune, don't you think?

Equally, there's little point trying to tame tigers in this day and age when Barkins' circus is just down the road from me right now and I still have a spare ticket, just say the word and Chris can join us (as long as he buys the drinks...)

Oh, and his pathological fear of lights going out? They have these new energy-saving lightbulbs that are good for ten years or so, so no worries there!!

Yours

xxx

Dear Oracle,

Yours

xxx

You forgot to mention how he also wants to shoot his own daughter off his head! I mean, you think child protective services would have caught onto that about now...

:laugh4:

It's great to know we are all thinking alike! I asked the Oracle to stop answering questions we can answer and should be directed to coldplaying.

I hope enough of us sent in this question.

WTF! You want those idiots on here posting stupid shit like that? Don't be telling the Oracle to send those fucktards over here! If you can't even use Google, you need to be shot in the fucking head, not registering for this forum. :P

WTF! You want those idiots on here posting stupid shit like that? Don't be telling the Oracle to send those fucktards over here! If you can't even use Google, you need to be shot in the fucking head, not registering for this forum. :P

Don't worry, if they can't use google I bet they wouldn't even understand how to complete their registrations ;)

You forgot to mention how he also wants to shoot his own daughter off his head! I mean, you think child protective services would have caught onto that about now...

bahahhaha..:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

genius

the funnniest thing i have heard all month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA...APPLE! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

New question about all the songs left off LP4..

July 30, 2008 - submitted by Lucinda, Netherlands

Q. What about the songs named Glass Of Water, Rainy Day, Poppy Fields, Leftrightleftrightleft, A Spell A Rebel Yell a.o.? Are those names previous names of Coldplay songs on Viva la Vida, or are they new songs? And if so, when do they come out and where can we find them?

The Oracle replies:

They were all songs recorded during the process of making the 4th album. Some were serious contenders for inclusion. As with previous albums the selection process was long and intense. Trying to get the right balance meant that these songs had to be left off. Sometimes they appear as b-sides so we may still hear them. At the moment they can�t be heard anywhere I could direct you to.

July 30, 2008 - submitted by Hudson, United States of America

Q. when will coldplay get a song on rock band or guitar hero?

The Oracle replies:

There is a downloadable 3 song pack featuring Yellow, Violet Hill, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

July 30, 2008 - submitted by Cindy, Canada

Q. Some of Coldplay's popular videos are filmed backwards, which must make the process of filming quite difficult. Should we expect to see any more of these original videos?

The Oracle replies:

Actually Cindy there is only one video that uses a backward technique in its entirety. The Scientist was shot (by Jamie Thraves) in the usual way but then reversed. This meant Chris had to learn the lyrics backwards so that when the video was reversed, it would appear he's saying the words correctly as if filmed forwards.

July 30, 2008 - submitted by emma, China

Q. Is it neccessary for we foreigners to rename ourselves with an English one? I mean is it okay for you to remember or pronounce a strange foreign name?

The Oracle replies:

People may not be able to read a name that is foreign to them, but does that excuse learning to pronounce it correctly? I say not. Perhaps people could use effort and patience to learn and remember. As for changing your name to an English one, I rarely see people changing their name to Chinese to accommodate a language barrier, so again, no.

July 30, 2008 - submitted by Steve, United Kingdom

Q. Why does Robert De Niro not have a star on the Hollywood walk of fame? When he is one of the best actors of his era.

The Oracle replies:

There are conditions that come with a star on Hollywood�s Walk of Fame. The recipient has to agree to attend a dedication ceremony and donate a $25,000 sponsorship fee towards costs. As you probably know Bob has never been one to bask in the spotlight.

He's probably been inundated with questions, the ones he's answering are probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Plus not everyone who visits Coldplay.com is a hardcore fan so he has to cater for those who don't know as much about the band as we do :P