✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

01-Nov-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how this got so long :stunned:

I got down to the Wachovia Center at 4:00 almost exactly (after a charming 2 hour drive without cruise control up the most boring highway known to humankind). I did some venue stalking, but didn't see any activity. There were a few roadies milling about around the buses out back; I said hi but I didn't recognize any of them.

I went over to the box office just in case they might have unsold excellent tickets. They didn't, but the people working there told me they might get some later, so I waited and made friends with a bunch of really nice Wachovia Center staff. At about 6:30, the guy at the ticket window told me they had just released seat 9 in section 1 row 1 - the front row seat closest to Jonny's ramp. I think I scared the poor ticket guy with how loudly I squealed.

By about 6:45, I was looking around outside the box office for anyone from the Philly sign gang. I didn't see anyone, so I went down to my car and used sharpies and posterboard I brought with me to make a "Viva Coldplay" sign. It turned out pretty nicely, considering it was made in a dark parking lot on the hood of my car!

I went back and looked around for the sign gang again before concluding I'd probably gotten the time wrong. I got in through security with my 500 signs and zero problems. Even better, when I got down to my seat, I found that I was sitting near the most incredibly nice security people in the world! They not only didn't mind that I was handing out signs, but they also said they didn't need me to stay and help clean the signs up if people left them when I offered to do so.

I started handing out signs pretty much as soon as I got my stuff set down in my seat. I used up most of my 500 trying to cover as much of the front floor as possible. I ended up meeting Dave (musicman1990) as we were both trying to hand out signs on the floor. I think we got most of the front sections done with our combined efforts.

The show was FANTASTIC. They guys all had awesome energy - I wish I'd been up near them when they went to C stage, because I would have loved to catch Guy's smile on film. They all really seemed to enjoy themselves up in the crowd tonight and were more playful and chatty than usual. I took a ton of picures, mostly of Jonny, but I got a few good (or at least they looked good) shots of Jonny and Chris dancing together. Can't post them until I get back to my college, which means not until Monday.

The signs were good, but not great. There seemed to be a little bit of confusion about when to hold them up; a lot of people did it at the end of the second encore rather than beginning of Yellow, which is what I thought the plan was. Of course, quite a fair few of the people right around me were drunk, which might explain some of the misunderstandings. Case in point: during the blackout when they play the remix, I had two guys offer to hoist me on their shoulders. Definitely drunk. Even so, I'm sure the guys saw the signs, although they didn't mention them or bring them onstage or anything. Most people held them up, just not at the right time :p

And then, to put the icing on the cake of a really awesome night, I held up my big sign during In My Place (once the lights came up) and Jonny saw it and gave me a smile :) Even better, Chris looked right at me and gave me a thumbs up during his circuit around the stage (before going offstage before Yellow) and Jonny gave me another smile, and I got a glance from Will. I am SO glad I made that big sign to hold up!

I also got a setlist, although they didn't seem to have any taped to the floor, or at least the several roadies I asked didn't see any taped to the floor. That would be kind of impressive if the guys ran the whole show without a setlist to refer to!

Setlist:

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed of Sound

Cemeteries of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

Talk (Dance version)/God Put a Smile on Your Face (B stage)

Hardest Part (B stage)

Postcards from Far away (B stage)

Viva La Vida

Lost

The Scientist (C stage)

Death Will Never Conquer (C Stage)

Remix interlude - setlist says Talk remix, but they definitely played VLV remix

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death and All His Friends

Yellow

Dubliners/Prospekt's March (new addition!? - instrumental piece)

The Escapist

P.S. - Shoutout to anyone who listened to my sign explanation, even if you didn't decide to hold one! I hope you kept the sign and decided to check out coldplaying.com :D

img3377gj5.jpg

img3378bo7.jpg

The collage of butterflies i got from today's show.

I think not to say as special but Chris indeed has seen me a lot of times till now in several moments at the concerts i went this tour.So i am quite got used to it now,but at first time when he saw me i was quite nervous but now not at all...:lol:means when he looks at me it doesn't feel to me like its something extraordinary now...that too i have a doubt in my mind that well if he sees me another time well he thinks that this girl comes to all of the northern part of american tours always near NY area....well i need to hang out with her...:thinking2::laugh3:

A sample. The video is wayyyy better. He came out and I saw that chest and lost my fucking mind! I don't even know what I sent Mel. :lol: I was still shaking after the show. Ask Keek. :P

ColdplayPhilly11-1-08021.jpg

WOW!!

I am not really a Jonny fan but this pic is absolutely amazing!!!

Lucky duck being so close to zoom!!! ;)

In My Place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1o8RWGT0zU

Soooo much clearer on my computer....bloody youtube is shite.

woahohohoho! damn! :wideeyed: You caught Jonny doing his little swaying thing there at the end when Chris was down. Right at 3:33-35. Damn, that is so sexy! :bomb: and the wonderful ass-zoom. You could see Chris's hand lingering on Jonny's lower back, just itching to go lower!:sneaky::wink3:

Great work Angie! :dead: :angel::kiss:

edit: at 3:03 I hear a slap sound! Did Chris slap Jonny's ass again I wonder??? :D And Angie, Jonny is looking right at you more than once in this video!!!!!!

woahohohoho! damn! :wideeyed: You caught Jonny doing his little swaying thing there at the end when Chris was down. Right at 3:33-35. Damn, that is so sexy! :bomb: and the wonderful ass-zoom. You could see Chris's hand lingering on Jonny's lower back, just itching to go lower!:sneaky::wink3:

Great work Angie! :dead: :angel::kiss:

edit: at 3:03 I hear a slap sound! Did Chris slap Jonny's ass again I wonder??? :D And Angie, Jonny is looking right at you more than once in this video!!!!!!

That's right what I was thinking *lol*

Very good job done!!!

HI Sarah! Well, lets see, it was kinda quiet for a while, with a few texts from Angie coming in through Mel, and then SNL was a repeat of last wk, so some of us caught it again (me for the 1st time). So I went into huge BIG BAD Coldplay-withdrawal symptoms, and then Sean busted out some fanfuckingtastic!!!! news:D

All right in the midst of all this I think im just going to blurt it out cause I can hold on to it any longer. When I went to the concer at the izod center on oct 27 I met bob from oxfam I asked him why are there no ny shows. He said shh top secret but coldplays coming back to america for a third leg of the tour with multiple nights at madison square garden. He said it was positive and it was after the japan shows in february

and then slowly people are coming on to tell us it was an awesome show&how tired they are because of that. AND Angie has 8 GIGS of video!!!!! So now we wait.....

(and I just saved you reading 10pgs! so, yeah, the bill is coming!:P)

OMG OMG is this for real?! if they come back for a 3rd american tour they'd surly come back for a second european rght?!?!?! just anywhere across the sea and i'll travel there!!!

ANGIE your video's are amazing!!!!