✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

01-Nov-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD.

THAT WAS FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l_19c3eef9a38a4c03bc194531848f58e7.jpg

l_d4f8f2b2b43440649149379abfba1749.jpg

l_a1b902c4736144a1be13e933d32df983.jpg

l_1730f920ffab4674ad668b0ddd14af0b.jpg

l_d9b2a62c0e784934a240f2c0c5b4c9b4.jpg

(sorry it's dark) THAT'S GUY AND JONNY!

l_8e0459df21544905bc66bc6ecd707c1d.jpg

l_50c0a296cef44965929dd23dd12c8007.jpg

l_0cf01c4dd06145b19ab19f968bfd4f4b.jpg

(i know it's really blurry, that's jon and chris. but it looks kinda cool!!)

l_a4aeb379cee04b55a3dd7c69801c3af6.jpg

l_be64c799b9c74e92bc9fdbc07d866086.jpg

l_0ce67cdc49ae4287a7efb393d09f969b.jpg

l_3f969fe929614ab58584994309b27e44.jpg

l_65035d2810244cb6949a2f2956f5feb8.jpg

l_3f7a9ecbd93d4eba85d0251843c29551.jpg

l_b0b7b676bb2f48cb98ae7bd6fe216d39.jpg

l_8615613da606422aa1ba2db6922e5dc9.jpg

l_56b4fd1b2a914b9aae114b1de3dd15af.jpg

l_68689d5f14fd41bc80f1c9cb517d0c90.jpg

l_71c5cde2f6e04861b63c53246d07ae8d.jpg

SORRY ALL THESE PICS ARE SO BLURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! my camera sucks.

I'LL BE UPLOADING MY VIDS SOON.

GOD THAT. WAS. AH. MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, when they first come out and it's all dark, then life in technicolor starts playing...

i don't care if you HATE coldplay...

you can't help but SCREAM YOUR HEAD OFF LIKE A THIRTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL AT A JONAS BROTHERS CONCERT.

AND SEEING CEMETERIES OF LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy we put that petition on here, cause that song sounds AMAZING live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the whole night was just, unbelieveable. and of course,

LOVERS IN JAPAN!!!

THAT BUTTERFLY CONFETTI. WHEN THAT COMES DOWN ON YOU, AND THEIR SINGING, IT'S SO OVERWHELMINGLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

absolutely the best thing(s) that have ever happened to me... these coldplay concerts.

just, all the energy, it's, it's, amazing!

but, ima have to agree with the joker. the crowd didn't really seem that into it. that's why i stood out so much. :D

OH!

ANY OF YOU THAT WERE THERE...

the girl that screamed "I LOVE YOU!" when they were getting ready to do their acoustic set in the back.

THAT WAS ME!!!!!

OH AND THAT REMINDS ME!

ONE OF THE BEST PARTS OF THE NIGHT HAD TO BE WHEN JONNY CAME BACK OUT FOR THE ENCORE IN A PHILLIES SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYBODY WENT CRAZY! :P:P:P:P:P:P!!!

I LOVE YOU, SO MUCH COLDPLAY.

THANKS FOR GIVING ME AN AMAZING NIGHT!

WHAT A NIGHT

Like I said earlier, I had an amazing seat near Guy's ramp. Totally unexpected since I was volunteering for Oxfam and was told that we get the seats that no one bothered to purchase..or something like that. I almost cried when I saw how close to the stage I was. Everything about the show was amazing...from Chris reading the Philadelphia Inquirer on stage to some amazing drumming courtesy of Will Champion. Chris was careful not to mention Obama, claiming that the band was non-partisan, but he made up for it by saying Democrats are intelligent. I'm not completely certain but I think I shared a moment with Guy during In My Place :bomb: . My section had tons of energy, which made the experience even better. The crowd went crazy for Viva La Vida, and it was indeed a lovely performance. The butterflies during LiJ were incredible! Yellow was a great way to end the show and I couldn't have asked for more! Oh, A BIG SHOUT OUT to the sign gang, I saw you guys with your signs in the air....good job.

ooooh my gooddd!!! that's so great!!! i always thought you were allowed to stand inthe back or something!

Sweet jesus....help me lord!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IUiKHGlhTY

OH MY GOD THANK YOU ANGIE!!! I see some red boxers on guy weeeeeeeeeeee

In My Place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1o8RWGT0zU

Soooo much clearer on my computer....bloody youtube is shite.

ramp of love action :heart: notice Guy in the back at 2:25.... yummmm :wideeyed:

Aww, thanks Angie. It was nice to see you again. I enjoyed listening, trust me!!!! No worries. I would have spazzed out a bit more, too but I was so tired.

I told Wilson he ought to feel honored you were in our car since you are a legend. :D

Special shout outs to KEEK, Jbella and Jasmynebirch, you guys rock. Thanks for the ride and offers of rides and listening to me rant like a spaz. :P

WHAT A NIGHT

Like I said earlier, I had an amazing seat near Guy's ramp. Totally unexpected since I was volunteering for Oxfam and was told that we get the seats that no one bothered to purchase..or something like that. I almost cried when I saw how close to the stage I was. Everything about the show was amazing...from Chris reading the Philadelphia Inquirer on stage to some amazing drumming courtesy of Will Champion. Chris was careful not to mention Obama, claiming that the band was non-partisan, but he made up for it by saying Democrats are intelligent. I'm not completely certain but I think I shared a moment with Guy during In My Place :bomb: . My section had tons of energy, which made the experience even better. The crowd went crazy for Viva La Vida, and it was indeed a lovely performance. The butterflies during LiJ were incredible! Yellow was a great way to end the show and I couldn't have asked for more! Oh, A BIG SHOUT OUT to the sign gang, I saw you guys with your signs in the air....good job.

lucky. we got stuck up in the nosebleeds :(. glad you had fun :)

there is no way i will ever miss a coldplay concert if its in my area. not that i ever have since 2005 when i'm in the country, but jeez. they're just too fucking amazing. they make my academic career go down the tubes and my bank account bone-dry, but i don't care.

seats this time were...slightly different than what i had last time :lol:. i wasn't able to scout out any nice roadies, but hey, i got lucky once. these seats were pretty good too, thanks to the lovely jenn annie (starlight) :D. the photos i took are pretty much all shite, and the few videos i took, i mostly took for audio purposes because my camera has a surprisingly good microphone. i'll post those later, if people are interested.

i thought the crowd was a bit of a strange one--you could tell that at least in my section, there weren't a lot of diehards there. people seemed to get more excited when chris mentioned the phillies or when jonny came out with his shirt than when they started up a well-known song or something. i guess the phillies fever is still strong.

i loved chris's political comment this time; it was particularly scathing in the exact right way, in my opinion. i have to youtube to see if i can find the exact quote, but it was something like "just because we're intelligent, thinking people doesn't mean we're democrats necessarily, right?" i bet he pissed off a lot of people in that crowd, but i thought it was brilliant.

i realized that on sunday, being so close, i missed a hell of a lot. it was nice to be able to see the guys on the ramp and on the C stage, and the monitors...the quality of those things! i've never been to a concert with HD-quality video on the monitors, and it blew me away. they could just record whatever they put up on those screens and release it as a DVD and it would be fabulous.

the one thing i would say that is sort of negative is that i wish the guys trusted themselves enough to shake up the setlists a bit. i think they're capable of it, definitely, and sometimes i wish they would pull out an old, well-loved song that no one's expecting. i also think they could play for longer, but i can cut them some slack on that :P. they do this every night and need their rest, plus they all have families etc.

i was thinking a lot about how awesome these guys are on my long drive home last night. i won't go too cheesy on you, but they really mean a lot to me. becoming a coldplay fan and joining up to this site has changed a hell of a lot in my life, and it's most certainly one of the best things i've ever done :D

i'm in serious concert withdrawal now, though. it's going to be painful. and from now on, i'm going to try my damndest to get floor seats as close as i can. that first night of mine in NJ was the most epic thing i've ever been to. if angie can do it, so can i :P

oh! and there was bat confetti at the DC concert on halloween, but there were a few left over pieces in philly last night, because i somehow managed to scoop up two purple shiny bats! i didn't even notice until i was flattening out and de-crinkling my butterflies this morning, but i got two bats and a shiny red heart!

You know, I was just re-watching that video of the band coming offstage, and realized you caught me on camera! I'm the idiot on the far side of the ramp jumping like a loon, right next to the two (really taller than me) security guys in maroon shirts :D