✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

01-Nov-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here we go. I got there a lil later than I had planned, about 7:30. I didn't get to meet any of the sign gang peeps beforehand but I did catch up with musicman1990 and JBella76. I gave them some signs and passed the rest of mine out. No acknowledgement from the band, however. :( I think there was some confusion as to when to hold them up, but only half the people did anyway, so whatever.

The show was solid, but paled to the July one IMO. The boys seemed a lil tired and the crowd was rather subdued. I think at one point I screamed "You fuckers aren't singing, WTF?!?" :laugh3: It was definitely an older crowd this time. I'm 41, and there were a lot of people there older than me. Which is cool, but the energy level was lacking.

Chris's comments about our "baseball team" and Chase Utley's F-bomb were priceless. I have video of that except that I can be heard yelling "let's go Phillies" over some of his dialouge. Oops! :D And when Jonny came out with that T-shirt, the place went nuts. Very cool of them to do that, indeed.

So, stellar show by the boys all in all. They never disappoint. I had a great time but I'm paying for it today I believe. I'll post some vids as soon as they upload. Oh, and I just thought of something; I've never been to MSG! :sneaky:

Hi there. It was so nice to meet you. Thank you for remembering me and my seat location and giving me my signs. Thank you so much!!!

OK, here we go. I got there a lil later than I had planned, about 7:30. I didn't get to meet any of the sign gang peeps beforehand but I did catch up with musicman1990 and JBella76. I gave them some signs and passed the rest of mine out. No acknowledgement from the band, however. :( I think there was some confusion as to when to hold them up, but only half the people did anyway, so whatever.

The show was solid, but paled to the July one IMO. The boys seemed a lil tired and the crowd was rather subdued. I think at one point I screamed "You fuckers aren't singing, WTF?!?" :laugh3: It was definitely an older crowd this time. I'm 41, and there were a lot of people there older than me. Which is cool, but the energy level was lacking.

Chris's comments about our "baseball team" and Chase Utley's F-bomb were priceless. I have video of that except that I can be heard yelling "let's go Phillies" over some of his dialouge. Oops! :D And when Jonny came out with that T-shirt, the place went nuts. Very cool of them to do that, indeed.

So, stellar show by the boys all in all. They never disappoint. I had a great time but I'm paying for it today I believe. I'll post some vids as soon as they upload. Oh, and I just thought of something; I've never been to MSG! :sneaky:

Hi there. It was so nice to meet you. Thank you for remembering me and my seat location and giving me my signs. Thank you so much!!!
NP!! :thumbsup: It was the least I could do for a fellow coldplayer! Plus I wanted the chance to finally meet someone from the board! :D

Yesterday they've seen the people holding the signs,but they've not said a word about it.

I don't know why.

During Yellow the group in front of me whom i handed out the signs held the signs and i also held a sign with me up.

After some time when Chris started to sing Yellow that girl in the group got her sign down but i holded it till the first Chorus of Yellow before Chris turned the mic again back from the audience to himself and got the sign down.

I even saw a video on internet with me holding the sign because the person who filmed it was there near to our section only.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_c6XGsBgKA]YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow - 11/1/08[/ame]

You can see a sign in this video,that's me holding it up.:)

awesome show! i agree as stated above..it was a little less crowd loud than the july show...but non the less it was awesome!

my gf on the otherhand couldn't really see anyone but chris through 2 tall people in front of her shoulders... concerts are never short people friendly lol

Special shout outs to KEEK, Jbella and Jasmynebirch, you guys rock. Thanks for the ride and offers of rides and listening to me rant like a spaz. :P

girl no problem It was so cool to meet folks from the cp land..

I always try to be still and quiet when I shoot videos, but I am screaming so loud in a few. I really must apologise now for my loud mouth.

Before show, they had a security meeting with Kelly at the end of ramp of love to discuss band coming off stage with local security people. Kelly gave me the OMG, she's here look and was watching me when they did come off stage.

No way really that is funny

GUYS!!!

Folks have been turning out in force with banners and signs on this tour and more than ever they've been getting organised about it, too. Harking back for a moment to a couple of blogs ago, to talk about the wonders of the information superhighway, it seems that folks are organising themselves to not only have the same sign, but they're co-ordinated enough that wherever they are in the arena, they all hold them up at the same time. This has been happening a lot on this tour (I'm looking in your direction Coldplaying.com) and it never fails to raise a smile.

I have no idea how better to link it, but that's from #42's most recent blog. Seems they could see the signs after all! :D

Hello all! I am brand spankin new to this posting thing...I have been reading this thread ever since it started, just never got around to becoming a member of the coldplaying.com revolution. Well you have all officially played a part in sucking me in! I have been a Coldplay addict for many many years now, ever since I purchased Parachutes on a whim that I like the sound of thier music. Well ever since then I have come to realize that this is the greatest band on the planet, which I don't think I would have trouble convincing any of you. Anyway, sorry to run on and on, but I was at the concert on Saturday (Floor 6, Row 10). I got some great photos which I will post sometime later today. Nice to meet all of you! Viva La Coldplay!