✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who has been the greatest live act ever?

Mudbug

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has been the greatest live act ever?

The Stones, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Queen, Pink Floyd, Bowie, Nirvana or someone else?

This Day in Music have just started a poll to find out. If you fancy voting for who you think should win go to http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

You can vote for any act, just go to 'other' on the list.

It's Michael Jackson - but you are too dumb to know that, with your lame avatar.

^^

i actually agree with you. i was watching some gigs by muse from 2001 and they used the same improv that they used at the end of stockholm syndrome on HAARP. but i chose Muse on the basis of their musical ability and chemistry on stage.

i should add The Chemical Brothers. what most people dont realise is that the duo do all their mixing live on stage and if u listen to the complexity of some of their music it is unbelieveable.

That's right. I saw them live, and they kicked ass, unlike Daft Punk or Justice who just make up a mixtape back home and press play at the beginning of the concert just to put their arms in the air for two hours...

^^

u cannot compare daft punk to chemical brothers. yeh they are both electronic but otherwise they make completely different brands of music. daft punk arent about beats and awesome mixes they're more about melodies and catchy tunes that dont require brilliant mixing ability. daft punk are great at mashing songs together, the chemical brothers are amazing at mixing. if they ever combined and did a show "i would like sooo totally die" haha

Sorry but "mashing songs together" sounds a lot like "making a mixtape" to me. After I saw them, I listened to other performances from the Alive tour, and they were all the same. I mean, each second is the same. This shouldn't even be called a 'live performance'. It's no more than a mixtape being played in front of an audience.

I think I've never been more disappointed in a band...

so when we meen live act we're including their stage set ups and everything?

if we are i think thats very unfair. not every band has money like U2 or bon jovi does and therefore cant afford stages like theirs. i still feel that if u take away multi million dollar stages and 80 000 ecstatic fans, U2 are very average.

best ever live aussie band : INXS and john butler trio and obviously AC/DC especially before the death of Bon Scott in 1979 (ie before Back in Black)

I'm sorry, but no-one in this forum can answer this question. The best live act ever? That's a pretty hefty statement, because lord knows there have been great live acts of the past. No one here I'm sure has seen bands like Cream, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones in the late 60s, early 70s when they were in their prime, or even Genesis and the Police in the 80s. Unless you've seen those shows, there's no way you can say that Muse, Radiohead, or Coldplay can beat them. Sure, as of recently, Muse has really been the powerhouse and an arena rock giant. I think even Thom Yorke would agree with that one.