✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

VLV Latin American Tour rumors here!!

Lore

Thanks, Lore!

Having noticed that quite a few people from various parts of the world are supporting us, I thought that you would like to read the article in English (appologies for the mistakes and for highlight or downplaying some parts that I didn't know how to translate properly):

Coldplay schedule a Chilean concert in November 15th and Estadio Nacional refuse to give permission

Two years after having played in Chile for the first time, the British band goes back to country to deliver the spectacle of the 2008 best selling album. Just like what happened to AC/DC and Metallica, the local promoters denied the usage of the main stadium.

Had the fussiest of people allowed it, the first Coldplay trip to Chile could have been labelled as “deceptive advertising”. The promise of the British band landing for the first time in the country (three dates in a row, at Espacio Riesco, in February) was an excuse for something bigger, an exclusive preview of the songs that would be part of their fourth album. With the cheapest tickets priced 40.000 pesos, their debut appearance was not bad at all. However, the band, lead by Chris Martin, were apparently embarassed due to the high price of the tickets in the country and, therefore, decided to make up the setlist with big hits and several privileges, which the Chilean greeted with singalongs to Yellow.

The return of the most successful band of 2008 aims to put everything in its right place, without any demos or demo tapes. The local concert of the Viva La Vida Tour, which started last year to promote the songs from Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, is set to happen in November 15th; the venue is yet to be determined. What the promoters involved explain is that, as what happened to AC/DC, who will play in the country in December 2nd, and to Metallica, who will probably return to Chile in the next January, Coldplay were not given permission to use the main stadium. Such a situation was also faced by the Jonas Brothers, the debut of whom (Santiago, May 20th) could not be transferred from Pista Atlética, although the public was clearly interested.

Coldplay’s situation is clear: they’ve just set a contract to play a South America tour, but with the idea that this leg happened in high capacity venues. Unable to rely on Estadio Nacional (who allege the realisation of “sporting events” in the dates required, despite not saying of what such events consisted), the promoters have already started to evaluate other alternatives and to reinforce the lobby to really use the Ñuñoa stadium [i.e. Estadio Nacional].

Meanwhile, the Viva La Vida Tour – which restarts at May 15th, in West Palm Beach – can boast 100 concerts so far as well as a spectacle with about 25 songs, not to mention an acoustic session, done in the middle of the crowd. According to the international promoters, the tour has already gathered 38 million dollars.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Lore!

Having noticed that quite a few people from various parts of the world are supporting us, I thought that you would like to read the article in English (appologies for the mistakes and for highlight or downplaying some parts that I didn't know how to translate properly):

thanks Su!! I was late for uni when I posted this so I couldn't translate it :P

it's not their fault... that's the national stadium and the stupid government wants to use it just for football...

I pay my taxes and I want to see coldplay there :angry: I'll go to talk about this with the president :wacky:

Dipshit promoters are the real kitten killers! :angry:

Yup. But still it's Coldplay's fault to not anounce any dates :bigcry: or at least confirm that they are indeed comming :bigcry:...

On the other hand, yea it's they promoter's fault too. If Coldplay wants/needs a bigger venue is because the fans WANT too see them! *cough* that includes the rest of Latin America *cough*... So i hope that gets fixed so they can go:)... *crosses fingers* i hope it' true! I hope it's true! I hope it's true! :bomb:

Edit: oh so it's the goverment fault?... Well the things i said also apply for thw goverment too :P

^ How can they announce dates when they can't get a venue. :dozey: Makes me wonder if they are having similar problems with other countries. I'm sure they want the bigger venues to try and keep ticket prices down. Last time they played small venues and had to charge such high prices.

Lore are you plotting a revolution :D

Guest kmm1482

People need to stop giving the band shit for not playing their part of the world. They are trying to play in front of EVERYONE! And saying stuff like 'everytime coldplay doesn't play south america a kitten dies' or 'does coldplay NOT have a map? we're part of the world too' really doesn't help. They are obviously TRYING to play in South America but it's not as easy as just arriving somewhere and saying 'Alright! Let's play!' it takes time and negotiation and paperwork and permits. Give the band some slack, they're definetly trying to please everyone they can.

it's not their fault... that's the national stadium and the stupid government wants to use it just for football...

I hope that's not the case in Mexico :uhoh:

It can't be.... At least Estadio Azteca is used for this kind of events pretty regularly :thinking:

I pay my taxes and I want to see coldplay there :angry: I'll go to talk about this with the president :wacky:

I'm sure he'll listen to you :wacky:

:laugh3: I don't think they'll have that problem anywhere else, don't worry :)

People need to stop giving the band shit for not playing their part of the world. They are trying to play in front of EVERYONE! And saying stuff like 'everytime coldplay doesn't play south america a kitten dies' or 'does coldplay NOT have a map? we're part of the world too' really doesn't help. They are obviously TRYING to play in South America but it's not as easy as just arriving somewhere and saying 'Alright! Let's play!' it takes time and negotiation and paperwork and permits. Give the band some slack, they're definetly trying to please everyone they can.

funny things that only US people says that... it's really disappointing to see them announcing dates in the same places they've played lots of times in the same tour. It's not like we can't post what we think about their tour.

Guest kmm1482
:laugh3: I don't think they'll have that problem anywhere else, don't worry :)

funny things that only US people says that... it's really disappointing to see them announcing dates in the same places they've played lots of times in the same tour. It's not like we can't post what we think about their tour.

I waited 4 years for them to come back to Riverbend, they haven't played here once since then. Let alone in the Viva La Vida tour. I didn't bitch and complain everytime they booked a place in London or Australia or Asia or Europe or South America. It's not like they'll NEVER play South America again, you just have to be patient.

And it's not just US people saying that. That's stereotyping.

Guest LiquidSky

not to sound mean.. but I actually would like them to play in 2010.. *hides*

:curtain:

It would just mean that they would still be around in 2010 and it wouldn't feel so long ago since they last tour and came out with the next album.. I'm already missing Coldplay! :bigcry: