✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

VLV Latin American Tour rumors here!!

Lore

Guest kmm1482
Just for the record, there are plenty of venues in South America that can hold all the "cool stuff". And please just because that refusal news don't come saying that now we are the ones who won't let them play. Venue problems happen all over the world, and producers are used to deal with it. That's their work. As said before we weren't part of Twisted Logic Tour. We were left out. The special tour came after totally unnexpected and with no guarantee that would ever happen again. We were afraid of being left out again, since they've been touring for a long time and are already recording new material (isn't it a sign they're moving to another step?). They've booked North America dates twice, while we haven't had a single chance of seeing them in this tour. And if they're not coming to someone's city, they're coming to a city nearby so the possibilities are much higher than for someone in South America to travel to North America or Europe or Australia and so on. Many people in this forum have many dates in their signatures and we all are very happy for them. But we have the right to be upset and feel left out, to want A SINGLE date nearby. And if you say that you could easily get over it if you were in our situation, I'm sorry but we can't and I hope you respect that.

How many other countries in the world have never, and probably never will, had Coldplay come near them? I'm sure there's THOUSANDS of places where people would love to see them. I'm sure they would count South America as lucky to have seen them ONCE!

And sorry if I went to a Coldplay concert that was near me. What am I gonna do say "nope! I'm not seeing Coldplay. People in South America haven't seen them yet, so I'm not going."?

I'm pretty certain they WILL come to South America. It's still only pretty much near the beginning of the year, and you all are already saying they skipped you and you'll never seen them! Now if it's this time next year and there's still no hope in site, then yes! Go ahead and complain all you want! I'll even join you in petitioning that they go there!

And starting a new album doesn't mean they've moved on. They're starting new material and coming near me.

And when did I say that YOU wouldn't let them play?!?!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody said people shouldn't go to their gigs!! Where did you get this from?? There's a lot of people around here who have been to several concerts, kindly shared their experiences with us (and we loved it) and now are supporting our campaign to bring them to our countries.

We're not saying they're not coming. We're afraid they might not come. And we believe we should expose our feelings while there's still time for something to be done. If the tour is officially closed what would they answer? Oh, too late, maybe next time?

Just for the record, there are plenty of venues in South America that can hold all the "cool stuff". And please just because that refusal news don't come saying that now we are the ones who won't let them play. Venue problems happen all over the world, and producers are used to deal with it. That's their work. As said before we weren't part of Twisted Logic Tour. We were left out. The special tour came after totally unnexpected and with no guarantee that would ever happen again. We were afraid of being left out again, since they've been touring for a long time and are already recording new material (isn't it a sign they're moving to another step?). They've booked North America dates twice, while we haven't had a single chance of seeing them in this tour. And if they're not coming to someone's city, they're coming to a city nearby so the possibilities are much higher than for someone in South America to travel to North America or Europe or Australia and so on. Many people in this forum have many dates in their signatures and we all are very happy for them. But we have the right to be upset and feel left out, to want A SINGLE date nearby. And if you say that you could easily get over it if you were in our situation, I'm sorry but we can't and I hope you respect that.

amen

oh god :laugh3:

the jonas brothers are coming here and they sold all the tickets and they want to play in the big stadium and the government doesn't want to use eit for concerts... if they say yes, it'd be good because they'd have to say yes to a coldplay show too :P

oh god :laugh3:

the jonas brothers are coming here and they sold all the tickets and they want to play in the big stadium and the government doesn't want to use eit for concerts... if they say yes, it'd be good because they'd have to say yes to a coldplay show too :P

God bless the JB and all their fans :D

poor little girls, all they want is to see them... and the tickets are really expensive (around US$70 the cheapest one), specially considering that they can't go alone, they have to go with at least one of their parents

btw this was posted a long time ago

I LOVE band reunions – but this might just be the biggest yet.

Because The Killers’ frontman Brandon Flowers has revealed that he’s planning to reform the supergroup that wowed the crowd after the Brits last week.

It was only a little group mind you. I mean it only included The Killers. Oh and Coldplay. And Take That puppetmaster Gary Barlow. And ruddy U2 frontman Bono.

But I've got some bad news, cos you’re going to have to travel a long way to catch it.

Brandon said at the NME Awards: “We had so much doing that gig for War Child that we really want to do it again – but it’ll probably happen in South America.” (Ooooooooh!)

And what about for those who don’t have a few thousand quid to spend on flights, accommodation and the necessary vaccinations?

“It would be cool to do a proper collaboration, but these things take time. But who knows. If the schedules were right, then hell yeah. Sure. Let’s produce an album.”

But Brando was less talkative about his rumoured collaboration with his boyhood idols the Pet Shop Boys.

PSB vocalist Neil Tennant had told me at the Brits last week that he’d love to do something with the Killers, but tight-lipped Brando refused to spill the beans – the spoilsport.

“They are such incredible artists and singing with them meant so much to me – it was one of the first records I ever owned and they have influenced my career so much.

“I can’t really talk about collaborations with them at the moment, but I will say this. I am massive fan, I’ve loved their music for years and I'm really hopeful.

“We’ll just see what happens.”

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/197253/The-Killers-Coldplay-Gary-Barlow-and-Bono-Celeb-XS.html

¿Conciertos de 'Coldplay' y 'The Killers' en Lima?

Lima (Peru.com).- Gran expectativa causó entre los fans de 'Coldplay' el mensaje del vocalista de 'The Killers', Brandon Flowers, quien escribió en su Facebook: "Latinoamerican people, The Killers will be performing at the end of the year in México, Perú, Chile and Argentina, as same as Coldplay".

A raíz de esta información, Peru.com se comunicó con una fuente ligada al manejo de la prensa de eventos importantes en Lima, quien nos dijo: "Hay varias fechas en Sudamérica, pero nada confirmado".

Consultada sobre qué significa "hay varias fechas abiertas para Sudamérica", nuestra informante, quien pidió no revelar su nombre, indicó: "Es sencillo, los que venden al artista dicen: 'Tenemos a X cantante libre para estar en Sudamérica entre el 30 de abril y 30 de mayo'. Luego estas personas empiezan a recibir propuestas primero de Chile, Argentina y Brasil, que son los pesos pesados, luego se agendan los demás países: Colombia, Perú, Venezuela, etc.".

"Igual pasó con el anuncio del concierto de Paul McCartney, solo se abrió la fecha para una posible presentación, pero nadie lo tiene", acotó.

Nuestra fuente terminó diciendo: "Si se puede pagar lo que Coldplay pide, viene, si no, soñaremos como siempre".

From: http://www.peru.com/entretenimiento/sgc/portada/2009/04/29/detalle32046.aspx

Two more pieces of news; one from Argentina and the other, from Venezuela:

Coldplay coming back in the end fo the year?

Argentina - Si! (May 4th)

The possibilities of Coldplay playing Argentina again are higher and higher. According to Si!'s investigations, different promoters would be negotiating with the band with a view to booking at least one concert sometime around October or November. At present, the last confirmed date of the Viva La Vida Tour is September 19th (Wembley Stadium, London).

http://www.si.clarin.com/2009/05/04/artistas/01911147.html

[Thanks ColdplayAR]

Solid Show negotiates to bring Coldplay to Venezuela

Venezuela, El Universal (May, 6th)

There's neither a date nor a venue set for the concert. But Solid Show is negotiating the possibility of bringing Coldplay to play a concert in Caracas.

"They're evaluating. We, the promoters, have already made an offer", says Juan Carlos, from Solid Show.

But when? "We're waiting for the band to announce the Latin America Tour before setting the date; we depend on them. But I see it happening nest year. At the moment, we're concentrating on the Aerosmith concert. Generally, this market can't go through so many big concerts in just one month. We're avoiding setting too many events in the end of the year because of the rivalry between our own events and, anyway, they're such a huge band.

http://www.eluniversal.com/2009/05/06/til_art_solid-show-negocia-t_1375646.shtml

[Thanks Through The Daylight]

I just found this article.... it's pretty old but it gives us hopes.... (or at least me)

Por otra parte, OCESA Jalisco no pierde de vista aquellos masivos para ese público joven y adulto contemporáneo que ya demostró fidelidad, de allí que estén pensando en KISS y Céline Dion para la Arena VFG.

Ya es un hecho la presencia de Oasis en ese recinto así como el concierto del querido Andrés Calamaro en el Teatro Diana.

"Estamos en negociaciones con Scorpions, con Juanes, con Judas Priest; obviamente, vamos a tratar de pelear a Coldplay que sale en el 2009 de gira y a Radiohead", adelantó De la Torre.

[...]

Llenan de estrellas GDL

Esta es la lista de shows que hasta el momento ha confirmado(i hope it's trueeee!) OCESA Jalisco:

Diciembre

-Céline Dion. Están por definir día y será en la Arena VFG.

En el 2009

-Lenny Kravitz. Está por definir el día lo más probable es en marzo y será en la VFG.

-Kiss, Coldplay, R.E.M. Aún sin fechas.

so, a girl from mexico sent me an email with possible tour dates... it's just a RUMOR!!, but anyway...

she also told me that by the end of next week maybe there will be an announcement... but I don't really know what to think about it

> Coldplay

>

> Viva La Vida Tour 2009

>

> November

>

> 13-14-(15)-16 Chile

>

> 17-(18)-19 Peru

>

> 20-(21)-22-23 Argentina

>

> 24-(25)-26-27-(28)-29-30 Brazil

>

> December

>

> 01-02-(03)-04 Venezuela

>

> 05-(06)-07-08 Colombia

>

> 09-(10)-11-12 Mexico

>

so, a girl from mexico sent me an email with possible tour dates... it's just a RUMOR!!, but anyway...

she also told me that by the end of next week maybe there will be an announcement... but I don't really know what to think about it

> Coldplay

>

> Viva La Vida Tour 2009

>

> November

>

> 13-14-(15)-16 Chile

>

> 17-(18)-19 Peru

>

> 20-(21)-22-23 Argentina

>